Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

shanmo wrote: »
    I have family visiting tomorrow and want to bring them somewhere different if I can.
    Any recommendations on where to go on a Sunday for lunch please ? Even if its a short drive from the city.
    Thanks

JP Clarke's in Bunratty is nice but usually busy on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

source wrote: »

Second JP Clarkes, I'm here at the moment actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

source wrote: »

Was there Monday and it was very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Azur do a 3course sunday lunch. Off the bone in southcourt suppose to do very good sunday lunch. also bobby byrnes or the bucket, westward ho in mungret or the abbey tavern in quin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Anyone here try the recently (re)opened Green Onion Cafe yet? Had a look at their Facebook page, and their menu seems quite interesting, with some unique offerings. Photos of said offerings look good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Anyone here try the recently (re)opened Green Onion Cafe yet? Had a look at their Facebook page, and their menu seems quite interesting, with some unique offerings. Photos of said offerings look good too.

I haven't but friends of mine were raving about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Went to esquires yesterday good coffee and unbelievable scones

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

Anyone else here find Camille to be pretty bland at times?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone else here find Camille to be pretty bland at times?

No.. I'm always happy with Camille to be fair

callaway92 wrote:

Maybe I have just been unlucky the last couple of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

callaway92 wrote: »

Been once, wasn't happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Aroi review.

Terrible.

I've had to eat there twice in the last few weeks. Bland, jelly like sauce and you can literally count the tiny pieces of chicken/beef on one hand. Lana/Camille are infinitely better.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Aroi review.

Terrible.

I've had to eat there twice in the last few weeks. Bland, jelly like sauce and you can literally count the tiny pieces of chicken/beef on one hand. Lana/Camille are infinitely better.

Really? I've always preferred it to Lana or Camille to be honest. Especially the Pad Se Lew.

Maybe it's gone downhill since I was there last (before the summer).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

toodleytoo wrote: »
    Really? I've always preferred it to Lana or Camille to be honest. Especially the Pad Se Lew.

I've been in aroi twice in the last few weeks and found it to be as good as ever.

toodleytoo wrote: »

It was just pure mean. I'd say 4 or 5 pieces of chicken in my meal both times and just awful.

I'm afraid I can't comment on camile but if u like thai food I can recommend zo zabb in town. Lovely food and great value

Mc Love wrote:
    Been once, wasn't happy with it.

Last two times I went the dishes had no flavour. They were just overly oily!

yogalady wrote:
    I'm afraid I can't comment on camile but if u like thai food I can recommend zo zabb in town. Lovely food and great value

I love Thai food so I'll have to give it a try. Is that where the king Thai restaurant used to be?

As someone who gets to eat in Aroi Kilkenny often, I can say that the Limerick one is inferior and I would definitely pick Lana over it! In fact I don't think I've even bothered with the Limerick one since Lana opened as I'd rather go there.

I find Lana on O'Connell St to be one of the nicest and anyone I bring there agrees! I just miss some of the dishes they did when they were Kaya like the kyozas!

In other restaurant news, a new Chinese takeaway has opened on Athlunkard St.
    Menu looks good and it smells lovely from outside. I hope to try it during the week.

• Advertisement

I love Thai food so I'll have to give it a try. Is that where the king Thai restaurant used to be?

Exactly. Above Glen tavern. 2 courses 9.99. I really like it. Restaurant is nothing fancy but food is lovely and staff are so nice. Definitely worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

yogalady wrote: »
    Exactly. Above Glen tavern. 2 courses 9.99. I really like it. Restaurant is nothing fancy but food is lovely and staff are so nice. Definitely worth a try

Have to agree - best Thai in town ...

Have to agree - best Thai in town ...

I'll defo have to try it. Thanks.

Finally got around to going here today and I was very impressed. The menu is excellent, great variety and choice. Seemed to be a lot of local produce too. Food was top quality and the coffee was as good as I've had in Limerick (up there with canteen & Rift). Staff were very friendly too. Would definitely recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 11 walt whitman

anyone recommend a nice place for lunch in town? a place with a good deal or specials? thanks

edit :also will have a 17 month baby with us

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

anyone recommend a nice place for lunch in town? a place with a good deal or specials? thanks

edit :also will have a 17 month baby with us

Bambu have a deal for a 2 course lunch plus soft drink for €10, as far as I remember. They never seem to be too busy so that might suit you as well.

le_girl wrote: »
    Bambu have a deal for a 2 course lunch plus soft drink for €10, as far as I remember. They never seem to be too busy so that might suit you as well.

+1 and it's great. It's my favourite Indian in the city.

marco polo 10euro lunch deal mon-fri. good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 11 walt whitman

thanks for the replies, have been to bambu before really tasty food. and that's a great deal for €10

• Advertisement

Anyone been to Flanagans on Thomas St. yet? Anytime I've passed it, it seems to be very quiet....maybe I'm just going by at unusual times. Their place out in Killaloe is fairly decent

Advertisement