Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

lockman wrote: »
    I ate here today with my sister and three young kids, based on the many positive reviews on this thread.

I hard a hard time deciding what to eat as the menu looked so tempting.

The food was delicious and good value for money. I was impressed by their efforts to use and source as many ingredients locally.

They went out of their way to accommodate the kids. They came out of the kitchen to ask if the kids enjoyed their food and wanted any more.

I will definitely be back as I want to try the many other dishes on their menu. I highly recommend.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Where?

The Old Firestation - see the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

The title doesn't appear on the touch site

Where?

Fixed now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Doesn't show up on touch site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

893bet wrote: »
    Mr Noodle. Worth a visit!!

went there yesterday, not the biggest fan of asian food..but must say i found it very tasty and satisfying

* indian man serving is a tad curt though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

fryup wrote: »
    went there yesterday, not the biggest fan of asian food..but must say i found it very tasty and satisfying

* indian man serving is a tad curt though

A tad curt? He must be in the ha'penny place compared to yer one in Peony Court so, that lady is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

Thoughts on Coqbull please? There menu shows a lack of chicken in anyway other than burgers and fajitas. Thought they'd do half chickens, etc.

Thoughts on Coqbull please? There menu shows a lack of chicken in anyway other than burgers and fajitas. Thought they'd do half chickens, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

shanmo wrote: »

They do half chickens or they used to at least. I haven't been there in a few weeks. Probably my favourite place to eat it town though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

They do half chickens or they used to at least. I haven't been there in a few weeks. Probably my favourite place to eat it town though

ate there recently. they got rid of the half chickens. just do chicken burgers now. and they added pizza's from their original menu. its a place id call 'only ok' ... nothing to get excited about but prob dont do anything wrong

the place was pretty full and vibrant when i was in there. but it seems to be more of a younger crowd so not exactly connoisseur's!!

damowill wrote:
    ate there recently. they got rid of the half chickens. just do chicken burgers now. and they added pizza's from their original menu. its a place id call 'only ok' ... nothing to get excited about but prob dont do anything wrong

This is what I thought. Kinda disappointing. Half chickens and the like would be way better pizza's in a restaurant like this imo. O well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

They had a half-chicken on as a special the first time I was in there and it was a great feed at the price. I had a pizza when I was in there more recently and it was crap.

It's a grand spot though, it's decent value for the type of stuff they do. The staff in there have been very good when I've been in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

keane2097 wrote: »
    They had a half-chicken on as a special the first time I was in there and it was a great feed at the price. I had a pizza when I was in there more recently and it was crap.

It's a grand spot though, it's decent value for the type of stuff they do. The staff in there have been very good when I've been in also.

The staff are one of the reasons I like it, they are excellent in there.

A tad curt? He must be in the ha'penny place compared to yer one in Peony Court so, that lady is scary.

really :confused:

can you elaborate

fryup wrote: »
    really :confused:

can you elaborate

Have you ever been into the Peony Court? The lady who takes the money (owner I think) is absolutely horrific to the staff and barks down the phone when you order. I can't imagine it's just me. She's like something from a Seinfeld episode

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Have you ever been into the Peony Court? The lady who takes the money (owner I think) is absolutely horrific to the staff and barks down the phone when you order. I can't imagine it's just me. She's like something from a Seinfeld episode

+1 we stopped going there because of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

angeldaisy wrote: »
    +1 we stopped going there because of her!

I stopped because the food is rotten. There are far better Chinese places around.

I stopped because the food is rotten. There are far better Chinese places around.

I wouldn't think so unless things have changed dramatically in recent years, the standard of Chinese food in Limerick is awful, the Peony is as good as any of them, I wouldn't run a place or person down too quickly but she is just awful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I wouldn't think so unless things have changed dramatically in recent years, the standard of Chinese food in Limerick is awful, the Peony is as good as any of them, I wouldn't run a place or person down too quickly but she is just awful.

we get takeaway from the place in Roxboro now. maybe once a month, not had any issues with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

shanmo wrote: »

Only been there twice in the last couple of years, it's not a place I'd choose to go, just ended up there with others that wanted to go there, I don't see the attraction at all, it's underwhelming IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'm quite partial to a wok to go in Greenpark when I feel like clogging the arteries.

I went to The Green Onion on Rutland Street (opposite The Hunt Museum) today.

Very nice interior, good music, and a nice atmosphere there.

I had some children with me and the staff were very accommodating and helpful.

The food was great and they have a diverse and interesting menu; I'll be returning to sample more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I went to The Green Onion on Rutland Street (opposite The Hunt Museum) today.

Very nice interior, good music, and a nice atmosphere there.

I had some children with me and the staff were very accommodating and helpful.

The food was great and they have a diverse and interesting menu; I'll be returning to sample more soon.
    Been there quite a few times recently, and I've been impressed every time. Great food, with a nice varied menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

She's very rude, grabs the money off you as if it isn't enough you're paying already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Years back myself and my folks were regulars in there stopped going because she was insulting to my mam on 2 occasions would have dropped a lot of cash there over the years. Shamrock instead lovely staff and good food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

sioda wrote: »
    Years back myself and my folks were regulars in there stopped going because she was insulting to my mam on 2 occasions would have dropped a lot of cash there over the years. Shamrock instead lovely staff and good food

Have always found the Shamrock streets ahead of the Peony Court. That lady there has a dreadful manner. I thought it was just me but I've found her rude and surly any time I was in there. In fairness, the junior staff are fine, pleasant and friendly but madam sort of spoils the show.

Shamrock staff are always pleasant and they can smile too.

Anyone been to Flanagans on Thomas St. yet? Anytime I've passed it, it seems to be very quiet....maybe I'm just going by at unusual times.

was there at the weekend got charged €4.10 for a glass of red bull :eek:

no wonder its quiet at those prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Hi all, looking for a recommendation for dinner, mid-range, party of four including one (non-fussy!) vegetarian. Short notice but looking to get a reservation for tomorrow, tried the Hamptons but they're all booked up. Can anyone recommend somewhere else for us? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Icbaby

Hi all, looking for a recommendation for dinner, mid-range, party of four including one (non-fussy!) vegetarian. Short notice but looking to get a reservation for tomorrow, tried the Hamptons but they're all booked up. Can anyone recommend somewhere else for us? :)

If your out this way for the match try the woodfield. Food is gorgeous!!! steak dinner is €17 and it's unreal!!! Pub grub prices but food that's tasty... also recommend the wings!!!

Advertisement