Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I like Canteen a lot. The ingredients are good, and they're reasonably healthy and not bad value. That's not what a lot of people want though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

zulutango wrote: »
    I like Canteen a lot. The ingredients are good, and they're reasonably healthy and not bad value. That's not what a lot of people want though.

Not enough spuds and overcooked veg for some

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Not enough taste for others such as my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

Where to for a quick lunch during working hours in the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Not much to eat, end of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

fryup wrote: »
    Not much to eat, end of.

And overpriced and pretentious! not as bad as rift for their rip off prices though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Coc bull is the bees knees. Its always great.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Coc bull is the bees knees. Its always great.

Keep it simple and do it well.

Keep it simple and do it well.

Yup. And consistent!

Next stop. Obesity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Mc Love wrote: »
    And overpriced and pretentious! not as bad as rift for their rip off prices though
    To be fair to rift and canteen, a lot of their food is locally-sourced, and their coffee is sourced from sustainable suppliers. There is a premium attached to purchasing from local/sustainable suppliers, instead of mass producers. Call me pretentious, but I don't mind paying a little extra from time-to-time when I know it's going to local suppliers. FWIW, I also like the food in Canteen

• Advertisement

To be fair to rift and canteen, a lot of their food is locally-sourced, and their coffee is sourced from sustainable suppliers. There is a premium attached to purchasing from local/sustainable suppliers, instead of mass producers. Call me pretentious, but I don't mind paying a little extra from time-to-time when I know it's going to local suppliers. FWIW, I also like the food in Canteen

Dont mind paying for good food, especially locally sourced but the offering is paltry.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Dont mind paying for good food, especially locally sourced but the offering is paltry.

Not sure about you specifically, but most of us eat far too much!

zulutango wrote: »
    Not sure about you specifically, but most of us eat far too much!

Oh I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

Papaz now take card!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

shanmo wrote: »
    Papaz now take card!
    Nice place actually, often gets overlooked on here I think!

Are the hamsters in need of a takeaway or is just me?

According to FB Nelly's corner is closing down citung issues with the landlord cuttimg off power in the building. Fishy methinks.

That's a shame. I liked it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

According to FB Nelly's corner is closing down citung issues with the landlord cuttimg off power in the building. Fishy methinks.

Heard it was sold but they were told it wouldnt affect them. The new owners wanted them out though. From a legal point of view i dont know if the lease is still binding with the new owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

damowill wrote: »
    Heard it was sold but they were told it wouldnt affect them. The new owners wanted them out though. From a legal point of view i dont know if the lease is still binding with the new owners.

It would be if they honoured the terms of the lease.

Edit: BTW how could they cut off the electric, should be in the tenants names!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Ya Nelly's is closed , never thoughtuch of it.

Tracey's has opened a coffee shop/ restaurant on the side of the shop further up Nicholas at. Had a lovely coffee and desert there today , didn't try food but menu look interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

The new owners have given Nelly's corner an awful doing. Cutting power to flooding the place. They've put up posts on their FB page about what's happening.

Papaz is so good 👌

Nice place actually, often gets overlooked on here I think!

very friendly man who runs...maybe over friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

fryup wrote: »
    very friendly man who runs...maybe over friendly?

Gil is a sound fella. I've never known him to be overbearingly 'friendly'
    Papa'z is a gem of a place.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

ya i know, just not used to a stranger saying...

"heh my friend how's you're day been?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Was at the classic car (cars and coffee) on sunday morning at the new venue in Eastway Business Park and the Workshop cafe opened for a few hours.

Had sausage and bacon bap and real coffee and it was both unexpected and great.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Was at the classic car (cars and coffee) on sunday morning at the new venue in Eastway Business Park and the Workshop cafe opened for a few hours.

Your only posts in Limerick forum are to promote this place. That must be 4 or 5 times you've posted about it now.
    "Unexpected and Great" :rolleyes:

Agreed. I had three coffees that day, it’s lovely.

Ps what were you driving?

Treepole wrote: »
    Your only posts in Limerick forum are to promote this place. That must be 4 or 5 times you've posted about it now.
    "Unexpected and Great" :rolleyes:

Yea,i think i have posted 5 times in all and one post also mentioned Canteen.

My posts about the Workshop were about the different times i was there,i.e lunch snacks etc as i find it convenient (had lunch there again today) and as far as i am concerned you can roll your eyes or yourself to hell.

• Advertisement

Agreed. I had three coffees that day, it’s lovely.

Ps what were you driving?

Alas i was driving a 3 year old Ford,i went on sunday mainly to see the red 1958 MG that was new to the scene and i was knocked out by its condition.

Advertisement