Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Alas i was driving a 3 year old Ford,i went on sunday mainly to see the red 1958 MG that was new to the scene and i was knocked out by its condition.

Hmm, focus or fiesta ST? I was parked beside you if that's the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Whats the best place in Limerick for a Christmassy afternoon tea? Looking for something a bit fancy as treat for someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

panda100 wrote: »
    Whats the best place in Limerick for a Christmassy afternoon tea? Looking for something a bit fancy as treat for someone

I've been in the Savoy before for afternoon tea (not at Xmas though) and it was nice. Castletroy Park is supposed to be nice too.
    I think they do it in Adare Manor, but I'd say you'd be unlikely to get a booking this close to Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

If that place in Eastway does afternoon tea you'll be getting a fulsome recommendation soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

No 1 Pery Square?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

No 1 Pery Square?

I had AT there a few years ago and it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

No 1 Pery Square?
    Classy spot all round, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I had AT there a few years ago and it was really good.

Wifey was there last Sunday and said it was very good. They had a musician playing christmas songs on a harp which added to the atmosphere. It was €39 a person though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We treated ourselves to a meal in Findlater & Co. last night. Went to the seafood section. Had a majestic meal. Great food, excellent service. Feels much brighter and more spacious with the change of décor since Chocolat closed.

We treated ourselves to a meal in Findlater & Co. last night. Went to the seafood section. Had a majestic meal. Great food, excellent service. Feels much brighter and more spacious with the change of décor since Chocolat closed.

Just got a voucher for there recently. Looking forward to giving it a go now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Bambu has moved across the road to the old Spice of India premises and they are no longer doing lunch.

Treepole wrote: »
    Bambu has moved across the road to the old Spice of India premises and they are no longer doing lunch.

Is Spice of India gone completely now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Damn, was a fan of Spice of India

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Damn thought I could get into Freddy’s over the weekend. Totally booked out? Any other recommendations? Something like Freddy’s...

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I was in Flanagans on Thomas street a few weeks ago and it was very nice and kind of like Freddies. Might be worth chancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Fredas thomandgate, exquisite food, friendly staff, nice ambiance, clean, great variety of fresh produce. 4.5 star.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

leakyboots wrote: »
    Damn, was a fan of Spice of India

i noticed this last week so i messaged them. They said they have just amalgamated with Bambu and they have just brought in the Thai chef but the Indian chef are from Spice of India.

Was a big fan of Spice of India and their Indian was much better than Bambu so i will have to try and see

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Is Spice of India gone completely now?

Spice of india still there. They have just amalgamated with Bambu. Same staff and decor in spice of india and both bambu and spice of india menu available.

yogalady wrote: »
    Spice of india still there. They have just amalgamated with Bambu. Same staff and decor in spice of india and both bambu and spice of india menu available.

Odd set up by the sound of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Going to Dolans with a group during the week for dinner,drinks etc anyone know what is good as i have only ever had breakfast there.

I don't expect a fine dining experience but would appreciate the heads up on what they may be good at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Going to Dolans with a group during the week for dinner,drinks etc anyone know what is good as i have only ever had breakfast there.

I don't expect a fine dining experience but would appreciate the heads up on what they may be good at.

The carbonara is quite good. Stew is pretty decent aswell as is the fish and chips. That's what I've had in there recently but I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Good solid hearty pub grub there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

frosty123 wrote: »
    yer one serving can be a bit gruff, sour puss on her.....one thing thats me off a place is bad service...smile will ya
    Does she have blonde hair (kind of blonde anyway)? She would turn you off going in there...I felt like saying it to her last week, but maybe she was just having a bad day herself

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: Please don't post insulting comments about people even if they are not members on boards.ie. You wouldn't say it to their face, its nice to be nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Good Indian takeaway City Centre or that delivers please

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mogul Emperor is top class, I'm pretty sure they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

keane2097 wrote: »
    Mogul Emperor is top class, I'm pretty sure they deliver.

Is there any menu online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Mc Love wrote: »
    Is there any menu online?

https://mobile.menupages.ie/Limerick/limerick_central/limerick_city/mogul_emperor/menu

Deliver to us most Fridays, allow up to an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Will have to try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mc Love wrote: »
    Will have to try it

Oh yeah you definitely should, I hope you enjoy it. I've been eating that style of food for a long time and in a lot of different places and I really, really rate the Mogul.

Advertisement