Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I had lunch in the Workshop today in the industrial estate, came very very highly recommended by one poster here, it was fine, the burger was overcooked and the brioche bun a bit past it’s best but it wasn’t the worst, my missus had quiche which was ok and came with nice salad,

The two girls that we encountered working there were extremely pleasant, I’d definitely try it again

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

I read back a few pages and sorry if I'm miss it, but what would you all consider be the best fast food( burger & chips) joint!?

Now I've tried Tony's in Raheen and it's not bad, but is there anywhere that is better?

I don't eat take out often, but since I'm going to this weekend I though I'd get the best recommended.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

galwayllm wrote: »
    I read back a few pages and sorry if I'm miss it, but what would you all consider be the best fast food( burger & chips) joint!?

Now I've tried Tony's in Raheen and it's not bad, but is there anywhere that is better?

I don't eat take out often, but since I'm going to this weekend I though I'd get the best recommended.

Thanks.

Enzo's with their recent renovation and they have the best chipper food.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Thanks Mc Love, Enzo's it is then.

William St right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Yup, definitely Enzo's. Garlic & cheese chip, battered sausage, onion rings and a can of coke for me please :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Reports suggest that The Longcourt still haven't improved their food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Yup, definitely Enzo's. Garlic & cheese chip, battered sausage, onion rings and a can of coke for me please :D

I am not a chipper man at all but I had a plate of chip in there recently for a snack and they were fantastic. As a proud Galwegian in exile, McDonaghs would have been proud!

galwayllm wrote: »
    Thanks Mc Love, Enzo's it is then.

William St right?

That's the one, damn I'm going to have to get some for lunch tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

Reports suggest that The Longcourt still haven't improved their food.

Was in there over Christmas and thought the food was decent but the wait times and general service was poor...took an age for food to arrive and extra drinks that were ordered during the meal never arrived but were on our bill at the end. To me it seemed like there wasn't enough staff on the floor and way too many behind the bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I was there just before Christmas as well. I found the same. Very slow service. But I enjoyed the food. I thought the staff were excellent. They showed us the new ballroom and it's lighting system. It is very impressive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Am I missing something about Hi-Way in Dooradoyle? Highly rated on Trip Advisor, but completely bland & unimpressive food at the price of a good restaurant.

Am I missing something about Hi-Way in Dooradoyle? Highly rated on Trip Advisor, but completely bland & unimpressive food at the price of a good restaurant.

I've always found it fine. What did you have?

I've always found it fine. What did you have?

That's because it is just that, fine. I wouldn't be going there above Verona or the Westward Ho.

That's because it is just that, fine. I wouldn't be going there above Verona or the Westward Ho.

Westward Ho is nice. I don't like Verona personally.
    What's Russells like these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

[quote="RhubarbCrumble;109490160"
    What's Russells like these days?[/quote]

Usually in Russell’s every Sunday for lunch, the beef is excellent, the bacon & cabbage also very good, tend to stick with those, think it’s €13 or thereabouts for a main course

Don't mention Russells to JBJ!

Don't mention Russells to JBJ!

Lol! I had a post written and then deleted it.. I reckoned I need to let it go!!

Lol! I had a post written and then deleted it.. I reckoned I need to let it go!!

They'd have their solicitor on to Boards HQ :pac:

I must have missed something there!

I must have missed something there!

I had a bad experience in Russells once and never left it go.

• Advertisement

I had a bad experience in Russells once and never left it go.

Ah okay, might avoid it so!

While I'm here, I know this is Limerick and not Clare, but since it's close by, has anyone ever been to Carrygerry house near Shannon. Heard someone at work talking about it. Food is supposed to be lovely, but I'd never even heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,311 ✭✭✭✭phog

Ah okay, might avoid it so!

While I'm here, I know this is Limerick and not Clare, but since it's close by, has anyone ever been to Carrygerry house near Shannon. Heard someone at work talking about it. Food is supposed to be lovely, but I'd never even heard of it before.

I've been there for a wedding and christening and couldn't fault it. Staff and food were excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Any one recommend a nice area with a few restaurants in I could walk with the mrs and we chose at the time. Off to limerick for the first time with the mrs and slightly worried reading some of these posts on here as I’m not Irish and she’s not white so don’t want random grief or abuse

Any one recommend a nice area with a few restaurants in I could walk with the mrs and we chose at the time. Off to limerick for the first time with the mrs and slightly worried reading some of these posts on here as I’m not Irish and she’s not white so don’t want random grief or abuse

I wouldn't worry about it, never mind what you've heard about Limerick's bad reputation from people whom most likely have never even visited the city.

What kind of food do you like? Are you looking for high end or more reasonabky priced fare? Are you planning on drinks afterwards?

I wouldn't worry about it, never mind what you've heard about Limerick's bad reputation from people whom most likely have never even visited the city.

What kind of food do you like? Are you looking for high end or more reasonabky priced fare? Are you planning on drinks afterwards?

We don’t drink but we do eat almost everything, maybe 30/40 quid each, give or take.

We don’t drink but we do eat almost everything, maybe 30/40 quid each, give or take.

The French Table is very good as is Freddie's bistro. The Cornstore tends to be very good too but I'd rather the French Table or Freddies. My favourite restaurant in Limerick is La Piccola Italia (not to be confused with the very good La Piccola pizzeria next door) Have a look on Tripadvisor and ask on here before you book.

The French Table is very good as is Freddie's bistro. The Cornstore tends to be very good too but I'd rather the French Table or Freddies. My favourite restaurant in Limerick is La Piccola Italia (not to be confused with the very good La Piccola pizzeria next door) Have a look on Tripadvisor and ask on here before you book.

You'll always get mixed views on LPI! I personally love it, so does both sides of my family. You always know you're going to get good food and the menu never changes so they know what they're doing. Wine is alleys excellent.

If you don't have breakfast planned and even if your hotel includes it, go down to The Green Onion. The fry is amazing, real sausages and rashers etc rather than generic rubbish bought in from Pallas. Pancakes are very good too I was told. Great spot I must say..

Thank you both

• Advertisement

Thank you both

More than welcome, enjoy your stay in our fantastic little city. Spread the word when you go home too.

Advertisement