Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Went to the Carriage House in Adare Manor for breakfast yesterday, top class food, atmosphere, service. Couldn't find fault with it. We'll be back for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

We had friends staying the weekend so, we went to The Cornstore for dinner last night.
    Hamptons and 1826 would be my 2 go to restaurants in Limerick but our friends had never eaten in Cornstore before.
    Food was absolutely delicious. I had oysters and steak, one of the better cuts I’ve had in a long time and cooked to perfection. All 4 starters and mains were excellent. 2 desserts and 2 cocktails also really good.
    Service was excellent, some new staff since my last visit over a month ago.
    Bit pricey but well worth it imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Was in H&L Sarsfield Street on Saturday morning for breakfast. Packed to the rafters and there was good vibes in the city, despite the rain.

I get why they've applied this all day "drunch" menu for the whole day but it's not very appealing from a breakfast perspective. In fact, many of the options I wouldn't find appealing at any time of day.

But all in all, the food (two frys) was grand. The coffee was delicious. My partner usually orders scrambled eggs with her breakfast but was told the kitchen can't take unusual requests on this drunch menu, which we thought was fair enough, but when we were leaving we noticed another table both had scrambled eggs which was slightly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

Where's the best place for pizza in the city centre that delivers please?
    I like a lot of toppings so somewhere that can deliver on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

shanmo wrote: »
    Where's the best place for pizza in the city centre that delivers please?
    I like a lot of toppings so somewhere that can deliver on that front.

I honestly think it's Papa John's (Supermac's), it's not great, but the best of a bad lot. Someone recommended Papa Gino's to me, but it's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I honestly think it's Papa John's (Supermac's), it's not great, but the best of a bad lot. Someone recommended Papa Gino's to me, but it's awful.

Heresy!!

Tony's in Raheen,
    LaPiccola Pizzeria
    Papa Gino's
    LaCucina

Probably in that order

Mc Love wrote: »
    Heresy!!

Tony's in Raheen,
    LaPiccola Pizzeria
    Papa Gino's
    LaCucina

Probably in that order
    I honestly don't think there is good pizza in Limerick. But I forgot about La Piccola, probably the best of a bad lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Anyone know where I could go for a bite to eat, coffees and do a bit of college work? Somewhere not too expensive, that won't rush you out the door? I was in Starbucks earlier because they were the only place open at that time(9am) and dropped the bones of €10~ on a sandwich and coffee(would have preferred a hot brekkie at that price-point). Don't want to go all the way out to UL unless I absolutely have to and won't go near the granary library again (Starbucks is actually quieter than there). Have no intention of nursing the one coffee either, would be happy to have a few.

Thanks

Umekichi wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could go for a bite to eat, coffees and do a bit of college work? Somewhere not too expensive, that won't rush you out the door? I was in Starbucks earlier because they were the only place open at that time(9am) and dropped the bones of €10~ on a sandwich and coffee(would have preferred a hot brekkie at that price-point). Don't want to go all the way out to UL unless I absolutely have to and won't go near the granary library again (Starbucks is actually quieter than there). Have no intention of nursing the one coffee either, would be happy to have a few.

Thanks

Strand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Umekichi wrote: »

Thanks
    Canteen (on Catherine St.) could be an option, I often see people working on laptops in there so doubt there would be any hassle in that regard. It's not cheap however..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Bobby Byrnes or Fennesseys. There are loads of nooks and crannies in both you could settle into.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

whats the pizza like at Sextons bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

I honestly don't think there is good pizza in Limerick. But I forgot about La Piccola, probably the best of a bad lot...
    lads Bella Italia do an unreal meatball pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Cobble stone joes do a really good pizza but don’t deliver and it’s probably an early enough finish.

There’s a place across the road from Nancy’s/Smiths that Do a really good take out pizza also.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Cobble stone joes do a really good pizza but don’t deliver and it’s probably an early enough finish.

There’s a place across the road from Nancy’s/Smiths that Do a really good take out pizza also.

Second cobblestone Joes. Can't go wrong with there pizzas. Very nice and price isn't bad either

Bella Italia do fine pizzas in my opinion. Cobblestones as well.

In terms of chipper pizzas, Macaris in Castletroy do a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Cant go wrong with the 6euro deal in Four Seasons in Groody either, 9 inch pizza chips drink and dip... plus they’ll deliver if you get two.

Ask them for “not too much cheese” and it tastes 10 times better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Bella Italia do fine pizzas in my opinion. Cobblestones as well.

In terms of chipper pizzas, Macaris in Castletroy do a great one.

McAris pizza has been brilliant every time I had it, genuinely surprised me.

McAris pizza has been brilliant every time I had it, genuinely surprised me.
    Impossible to go wrong with them really, everything on their menu is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Where is Mc Aris

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Where is Mc Aris

Newtown, Annacotty

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Forgotten about the early bird in Copper and Spice until tonight.

We had 2 courses with sides, a naan, and 2 drinks for 54 euro. The same as takeaway leaves a few coins out of a 50 euro note without any drinks so it was nice to actually leave the house this time.

Yeah, in fairness I should hold off on criticizing Limerick for its lack of quality pizza until I try Cobblestones!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Macaris is unreal definitely recommend it myself there's a deal of some sort every monday aswell for cheaper Pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nsi423

+1 for McAris pizza
    Proper chips and fresh cod too... getting hungry thinking about it!

Parents were in the new H&L (Verona's) last weekend. 5 euro for two sausages for one of the kids! Absolutely shocking. They wont last if they keep those prices

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Mc Love wrote: »
    Parents were in the new H&L (Verona's) last weekend. 5 euro for two sausages for one of the kids! Absolutely shocking. They wont last if they keep those prices

Was there today with small fella, €4.50 for two sausages and toast? Seemed reasonable and all was very good to be fair! They may have been overcharged etc by accident :/ must say enjoyed my visi

4.50 for two sausages and toast? Reasonable?? for two fecking sausages and a slice of toast!?4.50!?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Domino's are doing a deal this week. Any pizza any size €10.99 collection or €12.99 delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

Nom or the shack for doughnuts?

Advertisement