Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I wonder if any of the folk who were left high and dry and owed thousands when Instore closed bother supporting H & L ?

I'm sure they don't and I'm sure tbe majority of people don't care either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Anyone been to Enzo's since the revamp? Is the menu still pretty much the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Anyone been to Enzo's since the revamp? Is the menu still pretty much the same?

Yes and still love going there, the mixed grill is my go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

mrsoundie wrote: »

Went earlier still as good as ever, best sit down chipper around

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

mrsoundie wrote: »

What does the mixed grill include? Might head in for one at the weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was in town on Wednesday hungry and at a loose end so I ventured down to Story Café.

Had planned on my usual treat of a breakfast and a portion of French toast but as I had noone to share with I gave that a miss.

Then on the menu I spotted the Mega story breakfast!

Ordered that expecting just an extra sausage and a few chips....
    I was wrong!
    Breakfast was 2 plates! A huge portion of quite lovely skin on fries, a seperate ramikan of beans aswell as the jumbo fry.

I left €10.95 lighter but full as a bull and tea/coffee included!

It could quite easily feed 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

For anyone looking for pancakes this weekend, I cannot recommend O'Connors enough. The current special is particularly delicious. It's 3 proper pancakes with salty popcorn, maltesers and butterscotch sauce. Trust me you need to try them. Had them today and they're just as good as the last time I had them. Best in town in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Went earlier still as good as ever, best sit down chipper around

Can't argue with that. I've always found Enzo's to be very consistent.

Has anyone tried the 7 sins restaurant in flannerys?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the 7 sins restaurant in flannerys?

Which Flannerys?

• Advertisement

Has anyone been to Rossis (formerly Azur) Heading there for a birthday dinner (not mine) at the weekend and just wondering what it's like?

Treepole wrote: »
    Which Flannerys?

Flannerys on Denmark St

Has anyone been to Rossis (formerly Azur) Heading there for a birthday dinner (not mine) at the weekend and just wondering what it's like?

I have been. I actually prefer it now. More options and better portions. Had a pizza and I'm a bit picky with how I like them so made a couple of requests and they delivered. Good food!

Thanks Shanmo. That's good to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭flipflophead22

Just wondered if there is anywhere on par with Freddys Bistro? Was in there a few weeks ago for the first time in a while and it was fantastic but wouldn't mind trying somewhere as good? Is freddys still rated highly?

Just wondered if there is anywhere on par with Freddys Bistro? Was in there a few weeks ago for the first time in a while and it was fantastic but wouldn't mind trying somewhere as good? Is freddys still rated highly?

The French table

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

French Table for one. Also 1826 Adare (obviously not in Limerick City, but similar food offering). The East Room in UL is excellent, but is probably more "fine dining", so not sure it's a direct comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

French table is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just go to Freddie’s again 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

Just go to Freddie’s again 😂

This^^
    Or try 1826 in Adare or the Mustard Seed in Ballingarry. Both are exceptional.
    We had dinner in the Oak Room in Adare Manor over the Summer, it was excellent also. I see it now has a Michelin star .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭flipflophead22

Just go to Freddie’s again ��

That was the plan but left it too late and booked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

+1 for Mustard Seed

I have been there twice in last couple of months and brilliant on both occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Went to Zo Zabb above The Glen Tavern last night and, as usual, it was excellent. I'm not sure why it doesn't get a bigger crowd. The best Thai I've had in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

limktime wrote: »
    Went to Zo Zabb above The Glen Tavern last night and, as usual, it was excellent. I'm not sure why it doesn't get a bigger crowd. The best Thai I've had in Ireland.

They are on the UberEats app too. They're always my go to delivery for Thai.

limktime wrote:

Agree. I went a couple of weeks ago, on the recommendation of a new Thai friend . He said its the best Thai you'll get here and he was right.

Was there tonight and I have to say was absolutely gorgeous. Will definitely go back again. Fabulous food and lovely staff. Be warned though, VERY generous portion sizes! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Probably won’t count because it’s just over the Border but we ate in the Pipers Inn just outside of Killaloe last night, food was amazing and big portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Probably won’t count because it’s just over the Border but we ate in the Pipers Inn just outside of Killaloe last night, food was amazing and big portions.

Piper's is great, I lived in the area a few years ago and ate there quite a few times. Always a nice crowd too, which is impressive when you consider it's quite hidden away.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I've been hearing good things about there for a while now. Must plan a raid across the border some evening :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Gotten McAris in Annacotty about 4 times in the last 2-3 months and not sure if the quality has slipped or we've just been unlucky on each occasion.

Chips aren't as consistent as they were earlier in the year and the fresh cod was pretty poor on the most recent visit. We normal order in the shop or phone in for collection so it's not a case of the bags sitting around for delivery.

Advertisement