Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

Looks very quiet anytime I go by. Anybody tried it? Used to love Supermac's Snack Box and also their Taco Fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

ciog52 wrote: »
    Looks very quiet anytime I go by. Anybody tried it? Used to love Supermac's Snack Box and also their Taco Fries.

If your talking about The Hungry Lions I have been in both dooradoyle and ennis road since the change over. The taco fries are now tasteless compared to supermacs. Disaster..... well not quite a disaster but disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

fryup wrote: »
    i've never been....are they worth a visit? say compared to pizza hut?

Different level. Pricier but way nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Tim76 wrote: »
    Different level. Pricier but way nicer.

I always use http://www.milanooffers.ie/. 25% off most of the time, but yes, way nicer than Pizza Hut. American Hottest (not on the menu but they'll make it) is my go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

limktime wrote: »
    I always use http://www.milanooffers.ie/. 25% off most of the time, but yes, way nicer than Pizza Hut. American Hottest (not on the menu but they'll make it) is my go to.

You made me want pizza at 8am on a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Had lunch in Sambros today, good value and menu is not the norm, will definitely go back. They also open for breakfast from 08:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

eljono wrote: »
    Had lunch in Sambros today, good value and menu is not the norm, will definitely go back. They also open for breakfast from 08:30.

What kind of stuff is on the menu?

Any website or Facebook link, cant find myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

My son just posted up on FB that he had lunch there today and pretty much said the same thing ............... are you my son ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

jonski wrote: »
    My son just posted up on FB that he had lunch there today and pretty much said the same thing ............... are you my son ?

Dad???

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Where is it located? Might head in there next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Dad???

:D

Got a good chuckle out of that, lol.

Went to Hamptons for Lunch on Wednesday having exhausted all other crap options.

Was very surprised, food was really good, service was excellent (Really friendly staff and attentive). Very good value at 12.50 for a very good sized main.

Is it just me or has the price of lunch in some of the overpriced places come down a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Went to Shabros on Thomas street yesterday. Was quite nice, had a reuben sandwich.
    Generous portion and came with a load of tortilla chips on the side.

There was a decent selection of sandwiches available, also had soups and salad. Would be a good choice for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Went to Shabros on Thomas street yesterday. Was quite nice, had a reuben sandwich.
    Generous portion and came with a load of tortilla chips on the side.

There was a decent selection of sandwiches available, also had soups and salad. Would be a good choice for lunch.
    Where is Shabros? (Yes, I know it's on Thomas Street but I can't place it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Where is Shabros? (Yes, I know it's on Thomas Street but I can't place it.)

Sambros* It's gone in where the underdog used to be. Beside Ecco.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Quite right. Banjaxed the name it's Sambros.
    Also a wally is a type of pickle. The menu in the place confused me on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Had a Reuben sandwich in sambros this afternoon.
    Sandwich was quite nice but I found it a little pricey at 9.75.
    A few meal deals or something like that would be welcome. Sandwich + drink or chips for 10 or something.
    Bit of work to do to brighten up the interior too. Early days for them so hopefully they can work on over the next few months.
    Best of luck to whoever is involved. I hope it works out for ye.

Had a Reuben sandwich in sambros this afternoon.
    Sandwich was quite nice but I found it a little pricey at 9.75.
    A few meal deals or something like that would be welcome. Sandwich + drink or chips for 10 or something.
    Bit of work to do to brighten up the interior too. Early days for them so hopefully they can work on over the next few months.
    Best of luck to whoever is involved. I hope it works out for ye.

10 euro for a sandwich?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

L-M wrote: »
    10 euro for a sandwich?

The boom is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Anyone who pays €10 for a sandwich need their head tested, plain and simple.

Fools and their money.... We all know this quote..

galwayllm wrote: »
    Anyone who pays €10 for a sandwich need their head tested, plain and simple.

Sounds like a bargain. A reuben sandwich is $20 plus in Katz's Deli ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Sounds like a bargain. A reuben sandwich is $20 plus in Katz's Deli ;)
    Ya, but did you see Meg Ryan's reaction to that sandwich! Surely worth the 20 quid asking price

Anybody try the the wood fired oven pizza in Sexton's since it reopened yet?

I really like it. Washed down with a couple of pints of ice cold Moretti, you can't go wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Anybody try the the wood fired oven pizza in Sexton's since it reopened yet?

I really like it. Washed down with a couple of pints of ice cold Moretti, you can't go wrong.

Love it. Ask them for a bacon fries pizza and see their reaction. Pizza, a few beers and some board games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah best pizza in Limerick for me.

Where is that??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Got a good chuckle out of that, lol.

Went to Hamptons for Lunch on Wednesday having exhausted all other crap options.

Was very surprised, food was really good, service was excellent (Really friendly staff and attentive). Very good value at 12.50 for a very good sized main.

Is it just me or has the price of lunch in some of the overpriced places come down a bit?

Hamptons was always well priced I thought?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Hamptons was always well priced I thought?

Maybe it has been and I’m just so used to over paying that a lunch for two at €25 with great service seems like a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Maybe it has been and I’m just so used to over paying that a lunch for two at €25 with great service seems like a steal

Hamptons was defiantly always well priced. Very underrated restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Where is that??

Sexton's Bar, Henry St

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Hey folks, I'm coming back down to Limerick over the break after not being around much the last year. Thinking of heading somewhere outside my usual trifecta of Cornstore/The French Table/Freddie's (honourable mention to Hampton's) and looking for recommendations for a good 3 course lunch/dinner. Been thinking about trying The East Room but it seems a little too fancy for my plan of just wandering in some day over the break.

Also, if there's been any other savage lunch spots opened recently I'm willing to trade recommendations from the big shmoke.

Advertisement