Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I've only ever had breakfast there, but it has always been good. Sometimes the service is a little slow, but understandable given how busy it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Thanks everyone. Will report back whenever I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

My only complaint is that the menu hasn't changed since it opened.

That's it, never had a bad meal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

+1 for the Green Yard. I've been there 3 times (for lunch) since I saw it recommended here a while back and it's been very good every time.

On a different note, I was in Berlin recently and their kebabs were great. I haven't seen any Berlin style kebabs in Limerick but enjoyed the odd Zaytoon kebab while living in Dublin. Does anyone know of anywhere of similar quality in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Bakehouse 22 on Nicholas Street do a serious breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭dingdangdoo22

Guys, nicest Chinese in the city or surrounds these days? Sit down pref.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

The Green Yard is consistently good. I've been there a few times for breakfast and, whilst it's not spectacular, I've never had a below-par experience there. There's a lot to be said for that.
    Another poster mentioned Bakehouse 22 - I would definitely recommend. Again, nice consistently-good food, generous portions, and very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The Canteen in the Parkway is my go to, it’s got a sit down but its not really a sit down place.

It feels like a healthy type Chinese, but the food is amazing IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Zweton in castletroy has hugely improved again in the last 6 months new manager in there i think

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

L-M wrote: »
    The Canteen in the Parkway is my go to, it’s got a sit down but its not really a sit down place.

It feels like a healthy type Chinese, but the food is amazing IMO

The food in Canteen is amazing. Pity it's so rough looking inside though.

• Advertisement

Peony Court used to be a safe bet. Haven't been there in years though

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Lily house in raheen or better again Hofu in Adare if you can get out that far....They have been the 2 chinese I have been going to for the last few years.

On another note I got a takeaway from the mogul last friday evening..... very disappointed.... I read the menu ten time and still ordered what I always ordered and it was tastless. Chicken jalfrezi. The muchroom rice had tinned muchrooms which I have not seen before I dont think. The mogul was always our go to Indian but it could be back to Copper and spice although their take aways are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

pajoguy wrote: »
    Lily house in raheen or better again Hofu in Adare if you can get out that far....They have been the 2 chinese I have been going to for the last few years.

On another note I got a takeaway from the mogul last friday evening..... very disappointed.... I read the menu ten time and still ordered what I always ordered and it was tastless. Chicken jalfrezi. The muchroom rice had tinned muchrooms which I have not seen before I dont think. The mogul was always our go to Indian but it could be back to Copper and spice although their take aways are expensive.

I secong Lily House, must try that Hofu place.

Really disappointed to hear that about the Mogul, its been consistently one of the best Indian restaurants in the city bar my last time there when they got my order wrong, only discovered when i got home, but everything else in the order was right. It was NYD though and were literally flat out with collections

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Mc Love wrote: »
    I secong Lily House, must try that Hofu place.

Really disappointed to hear that about the Mogul, its been consistently one of the best Indian restaurants in the city bar my last time there when they got my order wrong, only discovered when i got home, but everything else in the order was right. It was NYD though and were literally flat out with collections

I forgot to mention they forgot my naan bread too so judgement might be slightly clouded😀
    I was disappointed too as we always considered it the best in Limerick. It was friday evening they had just opened. It might be just a once off hopefully. I love the ambience in the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's always busy too like many other places in town that some people think arent great and I find that the ambience in those places are what attract people back as well as obviously the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Where does the best kabab in Limerick? Not had one in an age so not sure where to try, going to treat myself this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

galwayllm wrote: »
    Where does the best kabab in Limerick? Not had one in an age so not sure where to try, going to treat myself this weekend.

Istanbul on Denmark street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Turkuaz next to the milk market for me mixed kean plate delicious

Oh.. I may have to treat myself two nights... Lol..

Thanks for this..

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Turkmen grill the best around imo.

Honourable mention to turkiez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

One of the perks ordering from Turkuaz is that you can ask for all of the ingredients separate and then eat it how you like. Meat, Salad and sauces come in separate containers and the naan is served on it's own.

The donor meat is actual meat and not the processed stuff you see almost everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

One of the perks ordering from Turkuaz is that you can ask for all of the ingredients separate and then eat it how you like. Meat, Salad and sauces come in separate containers and the naan is served on it's own.

The donor meat is actual meat and not the processed stuff you see almost everywhere else.

I have seen them make both meat stacks from scratch. The chicken one was a sight to behold one of the chef boning full chickens while in full chat to another member of staff. Spicing each layer then next chicken without missing a word of chat. If I tried I'd be fingerless in a matter of minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Normally I trust this thread, but the reviews on various websites paint a different picture of this place.

Normally I trust this thread, but the reviews on various websites paint a different picture of this place.

Oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

My own experience of Turkuaz is that they can't justify their prices. I've found the staff incredibly rude any time I've been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Turkmen grill do an unbelievable kebab, it’s like walking into a butchers and then cooking the food for you.

So Turkman is the place to try so?

Ah lad I had a pizza from Casa Nova by the milk market and it was unreal only €6.90 with a can between 12-4 and after that it’s €8.50

Best pizza ever I’ll defiantly getting another one next week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I can only imagine the garbage you'd have to be using to make money on a €6.90 pizza.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I can only imagine the garbage you'd have to be using to make money on a €6.90 pizza.

It’s always €8.50 they just do a special price during the day time

Advertisement