Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Mc Love wrote: »
    Have been meaning to try the curry house.

Went there a few times and couldn't fault it.

Actually, I was in Off the Bone for a carvery lunch last week and the curry they were serving was from the Curry House next store - went for that instead of the roast beef and wasn't disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lazyman

Used to go to Copper and Spice in Annacotty whenever we wanted an Indian and was always lovely food
    But had enough of the terrible customer service there, the management and owners have very poor manners imo and and when I saw them one day in dunnes with a trolley full of st bernard cheap mince I decided to go elsewhere
    We now use the curry house and it's delicious and the staff are very friendly and they give complementary popadoms unlike copper and spice
    Food wise both places are on a par but if customer service is important then I would say the curry house wins all day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Achari is my favourite indian.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi, just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good breakfast/fry available on a sunday in the castletroy area?. There soon for a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hi, just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good breakfast/fry available on a sunday in the castletroy area?. There soon for a wedding.

La Cucina at 10am do you? They have a decent breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

MJ Finnegan’s bar & restaurant have a pretty extensive breakfast menu just a little beyond Castletroy from 9am, if you google you can see the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Mc Love wrote: »
    La Cucina at 10am do you? They have a decent breakfast.

You would want to have a decent wallet too! I actually haven't been in a while but, last time I was there, I found it expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The Top House in Annacotty (very close to Castletroy) do a lovely breakfast.
    http://thetophouse.ie/
    https://goo.gl/maps/fzdDzvtJmttWMNRv9

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

h3000 wrote: »
    The Top House in Annacotty (very close to Castletroy) do a lovely breakfast.
    http://thetophouse.ie/
    https://goo.gl/maps/fzdDzvtJmttWMNRv9

Am I going mad? I could have sworn this was the TAP HOUSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Anyone I know calls it the "Tap" house - but if you visit their website, which domain name is "Top", the heading on the website says "Tap", so it seem even the owners are confused.

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Anyone I know calls it the "Tap" house - but if you visit their website, which domain name is "Top", the heading on the website says "Tap", so it seem even the owners are confused.

It was 100% the tap house before. Must have been a name change. I haven’t been in there in a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I actually just came in here for breakfast and it’s definitely the Tap House.... as in the have loads of Taps for beer....

Also says Tap on the menu lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I can only say the owners might have cottoned on to everyone calling it "Tap", and changed as such, but it would've been too late to change the domain name. Unless they go and buy thetaphouse.ie and go to the bother of migrating it.

Am I going mad? I could have sworn this was the TAP HOUSE.
    It was 100% the tap house before. Must have been a name change. I haven’t been in there in a year or so.
    L-M wrote: »
    I actually just came in here for breakfast and it’s definitely the Tap House.... as in the have loads of Taps for beer....

Also says Tap on the menu lol
    I can only say the owners might have cottoned on to everyone calling it "Tap", and changed as such, but it would've been too late to change the domain name. Unless they go and buy thetaphouse.ie and go to the bother of migrating it.

It was The Tap House but I believe they had to change it to The Top House because of some issue with another bar of the same/similar name.

h3000 wrote: »
    It was The Tap House but I believe they had to change it to The Top House because of some issue with another bar of the same/similar name.

Jaysus. That’s surely the first thing you look at when you’re naming a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Had breakfast in Mama Lee's with the kid this morning.
    The service was honestly too notch, polite, helpful and honestly really pleasant.

I was disappointed to see that the Hong Kong french toast had been dropped from the menu as I'd bigger up just how good it was to the kid!

Waiter took our order, minus the HK toast then came back to say the cook would do it for us anyway :)

Had quite a nice breakfast, Kid had the full Irish, I had the breakfast burger both lovely.
    But!
    The Hong Kong toast was bloody lovely and very much appreciated.

Mama Lee's and Story Café are still my go to spots for breakfast around the town.
    Both offer IMO, decent value but absolutely great service and that's always a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Went to the French Table recently, was lovely but found a few little things bothered me.

We ordered water for the table and they bought out these fancy looking bottles, which it turned out were nearly a fiver a pop. What bothered me was that at one point the waitress noticed the bottle was empty and just announced that she'd bring more over.

The fact that they charge for the water and they just assume you want more, imagine a barman pulling a pint for you just because you have an empty glass.

Another thing was that along with the mains, they bought out serving bowls of potatoes and veg. It was a large enough table and they set out pretty much just enough for a spoonful on each plate. It amazes me when places are stingy with the cheapest ingredients.

And lastly I had the steak and foie gras salad, which was inexplicably served with this hideous Asian style dressing, totally ruined it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Had breakfast in The Carriage House in Adare Manor recently. We were seated by the windows at a round table. Just 2 of us. I couldnt believe there was not enough room on the table for everything. Felt very cramped. Food was really good and the service top class as you would expect. The waiting staff were a bit embarrassed there was no room on table for stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Zo zabb closed according to their Facebook page. Very sad as I loved it

Jaysus. That’s surely the first thing you look at when you’re naming a place.

You'd imagine so alright. This is the only place I know of with a similar name https://www.taphouse.ie/

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Mama Lee's and Story Café are still my go to spots for breakfast around the town.
    Both offer IMO, decent value but absolutely great service and that's always a winner.

Was in Story Cafe for the first time yesterday: great location, top notch food and amazing service. The wife was even given a rose from the bouquet at the till when we were paying. Needless to say we'll be back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

SpitJack open

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Not sure if this is the right place to post but could we maybe post what places are open for take away in Limerick???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

pajoguy wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but could we maybe post what places are open for take away in Limerick???

Lana was but closed up Sunday night heard it was doing serious business with the lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

bigpink wrote: »
    Lana was but closed up Sunday night heard it was doing serious business with the lockdown

It's closed up till Easter earliest.

Genuinely sad, we used to get it about twice a month. The lads there are the nicest delivery drivers I've ever had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The 24 hour shop on Henry is cleaning up deffo no social distancing there

Had lunch in my kitchen yesterday. The food was so-so and my server seemed a bit surly. Despite that I think I'll be back today. And the day after... and the day after...

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

pajoguy wrote:

Papaz
    Spice if India
    Rossi's Italian and Grill

All open for delivery and/or collection

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/a-list-of-restaurants-and-takeaways-that-are-open-for-delivery-990941.html

Limerick

Achari indian
    Apache
    Bambu
    Blossom Chinese
    Boojum
    Burger King
    Camile Thai
    Casa Nova
    Cedar House
    Freda's Takeaway
    Gala House
    Istanbul Kebab
    Just Pizza & Kebab
    Kebab Corner
    King's Pizza
    Lana Asian Street Food
    Mix Spice 3 n 1
    Pagoda Corbally
    Pizza Bites
    Pizza Club
    Pizza Galaxy
    Sizzler's Pizza House
    Solo Pizza
    Spice of India
    Stuffin's Chinese
    Subway
    Super Bites
    The Curry House
    Turkmen Grill
    Wok To Go
    Yummy Yummy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

What I wouldn't give for a wok to go right now. No such thing as Chinese curry sauce where I live now.

Advertisement