Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Acquiescence

What I wouldn't give for a wok to go right now. No such thing as Chinese curry sauce where I live now.

Pallasfoods are doing click and collect. You can get yourself a literal bucket of chicken curry if anywhere near NCW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Pretty sure Lana is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

bigpink wrote: »
    Pretty sure Lana is closed

Closed across the country until Easter at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Pallasfoods are doing click and collect. You can get yourself a literal bucket of chicken curry if anywhere near NCW.

Do they deliver to the Arabian Gulf? Otherwise no can do...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Do they deliver to the Arabian Gulf? Otherwise no can do...

There is your next business adventure. Start up a franchise of Chinese takeaways across the middle east for all the home sick or hung over ex pats. :D

• Advertisement

Chinese curry sauce and chicken fillet rolls. I'd be set for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Castletroy Golf Club do a decent takeaway menu. Generous portions and reasonably priced. (No affiliation by the way)

mofVI0q.jpg

EIKVKBN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

A long time since I saw a meal for a tenner, that’s very good value.

Tried a pizza from Mama Mia today. One of the best I've had in town in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Got a locke burger from their new location yesterday. Definitely doesn't seem as good as the food from the truck! Maybe it's just opening week problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Got a locke burger from their new location yesterday. Definitely doesn't seem as good as the food from the truck! Maybe it's just opening week problems

Way too much hype around them for what they are IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Had the burger and chips out of the truck. You can't really feck up a burger and chips like. It was nice but nothing special although the chips were really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Are any or all of the usual places that do breakfast back up & running now? Looking for somewhere tomorrow morning
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Are any or all of the usual places that do breakfast back up & running now? Looking for somewhere tomorrow morning
    Thanks

The Spitjack on Bedford Row was finally able to open and seem to be doing well. Haven't been in there yet but the breakfast menu looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

le_girl wrote: »
    The Spitjack on Bedford Row was finally able to open and seem to be doing well. Haven't been in there yet but the breakfast menu looks good.

I have being meaning to try that place out. Buddy of mine was there and said the rotisserie chicken was amazing.

Tim76 wrote: »
    I have being meaning to try that place out. Buddy of mine was there and said the rotisserie chicken was amazing.

Good to hear, I had it in Cork last year and it was very disappointing. As anti hipster/instagram/seen to be seen as I tend to be, the likes of these restaurants eg buttery, H&L etc are great to bring people into the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Good to hear, I had it in Cork last year and it was very disappointing. As anti hipster/instagram/seen to be seen as I tend to be, the likes of these restaurants eg buttery, H&L etc are great to bring people into the city centre.

Spitjack do a brunchy menu, but their full Irish also passed my boyfriends strict "no hipster sh1te" standards.

The dinners are quite good but more geared to meat eaters, not saying they don't do vegetarian options but they are a rotisserie restaurant at the end of the day. I really enjoy the porchetta there and the chicken.

The takeaway offers over the last few weeks were very good. About 50/55 euro for 2 people (3 courses) with a bottle of wine, and the dinners had a hearty dollop of mash.

Anyone know of a cafe or somewhere to work on the laptop for a while without being a nuisance?

Starbucks in the city is still takeaway only. I heard Castletroy have just a couple of tables. And a 90 minute time limit, I suppose that's in place everywhere.

BOI Workbench is still closed understandably.

Head is absolutely wrecked from working from home but I'm probably at nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

Anyone know of a cafe or somewhere to work on the laptop for a while without being a nuisance?

Starbucks in the city is still takeaway only. I heard Castletroy have just a couple of tables. And a 90 minute time limit, I suppose that's in place everywhere.

Why don’t you try the Strand Hotel or any hotel lobby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Bannergal wrote: »
    Why don’t you try the Strand Hotel or any hotel lobby

Franklins in the Crescent and the food is not too bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The Starbucks on Catherine Street has a few tables open, almost sure the workbench island thing is available as well.

I have another annoying question (I'm sorry).

If you were going on a first date and just want drinks and not food - what's a good option at the moment?

I'm guessing everywhere requires booking and has the 90 minute limit which makes things a bit awkward but I was thinking somewhere like 101 would work (90 minutes in each of those separate rooms they have, is that bending the rules?) :P

House still seems to be closed and I'm not sure where else is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

If you were going on a first date and just want drinks and not food - what's a good option at the moment?

I'm guessing everywhere requires booking and has the 90 minute limit which makes things a bit awkward but I was thinking somewhere like 101 would work (90 minutes in each of those separate rooms they have, is that bending the rules?) :P

As far as I know House is shut for good.

As for where you're taking me... 101 is a good shout, Red Hen wouldn't be bad either, I don't really mind.

Poorside wrote: »

As for where you're taking me... 101 is a good shout, Red Hen wouldn't be bad either, I don't really mind.

Are you asking for a 90 minute slot of your very own? 😂

I hope House isn't gone for good, that's one place I would actually miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Poorside wrote: »

What makes you say that?

House serves a purpose. Hope they haven't closed for good

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just FYI you cannot, under current regulations, have drinks and no food. I mean you could order food and not eat it but bars are being prosecuted this week for allowing people to have drinks without also ordering food

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just FYI you cannot, under current regulations, have drinks and no food. I mean you could order food and not eat it but bars are being prosecuted this week for allowing people to have drinks without also ordering food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

You could take a chance and ask him back to your place for a few drinks (assuming its a man) and have a nice selection of drinks available.

You will have to be careful though that he does not misinterpret your motive as many men nowdays might not like to find themselves in such a situation on a first date.

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »

That's what confused me and I also noticed that the Red Hen's online booking form has "do you require food yes/no" as an option which I don't get. Good to know though, thank you.

Advertisement