Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Called into Mamma Mia's at the weekend. I've been to Naples twice and have eaten in many Vera Pizza places and I can honestly say the pizza here is up there with them, really really tasty.

I got speaking with the owner and he told me that he ferments the dough for 48 hours, that's why it is so light and sits easy on the stomach. Meaning this pizza is essentially a health food :D

I also told him that he was getting great reviews on boards.ie and that's the reason I was there. He hadn't heard of the site so I showed him this thread on a staff member's phone and he seemed chuffed. Was even offered a complimentary garlic bread - thanks guys! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Leonita

They were on Uber Eats at the start but must not have been worth their while. I rang in an order yesterday evening altogether.

Thanks they must be gone off ubereats. Their ad on fb keeps popping up saying free delivery on uber eats. This added to my confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Met the wife for lunch in Cafe Rose on Roches St, it was really good and very busy!! They seem to be doing well and judging by our lunch it's well deserved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Went to Mamma Mia last weekend and have to say best pizza I have had outside of Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Anyone know what sides Mamma Mia do?

All these posts have given me a hankering for pizza and I've convinced himself to bring me to collect it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

kilburn wrote: »
    Went to Mamma Mia last weekend and have to say best pizza I have had outside of Italy.

Where is Mama Mias? Its website says thornbury raheen but is that not a housing estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It’s at the very top of William street next to Europcar or Entreprise or whatever is there.

If anyone is feeling the spin, Stoneoven in Caherconlish do amazing pizza also.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Just back from Mamma Mia. Definitely top of the Limerick pizza list, along with Box Pi.

Good bit of seating so when the pandemic starts easing I could see this place hopping. Staff very friendly, ingredients were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Where’s Box Pi?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

L-M wrote: »
    Where’s Box Pi?

Hook & Ladder, Sarsfield Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Paid my 1st trip to the East Room last night.
    Must say, was very happy with the food, the ambience even with social distancing, and the service.

The only real criticism that comes to mind was that with the Monkfish and lobster ravioli dish, would be that there is too many flavours battling on the plate.

That said, that was my wife's problem ;) as I had the steak and it was very, very good.

The trout starter, if ye get the chance give it a try!
    The contrast between the apple acidity and sweetness and the trout is lovely.

All in all, one of the best meals I've had in Limerick TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Anyone know what sides Mamma Mia do?

All these posts have given me a hankering for pizza and I've convinced himself to bring me to collect it.

They don't do sides as far as i can remember,
    they do really really good pizza, it's still good 15 minutes later but if you have any sense you'll eat it in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Posting again for another +1 to Chippy Chicken. Just perfect every time, not a single complaint about the place, and always quick to make the food. Plus since Bulls-Eye brand have pulled their Smokey Chipotle from stores, I can't find a decent replacement to make my own chipotle mayo, so this is the only place that has a savage version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Carriage House Adare lunch - had a couple of breakfasts in the last 12 months, had lunch today, 12.30 reservation for a roundy birthday, four adults, two had the signature burger, one Indian curry & one fish and chips, all plates were cleared. One G&T & one rum & coke & an extra portion of fries, all came to €125 approximately

Temperature taken on arrival by an automatic machine that declares "Access Granted", all staff wearing visors & hand sanitizer available, they are operating a one way entry / exit system, chef is masked.

Thought my burger was lovely & have only just eaten again now, 8pm so my stomach reckons the portion size was grand

You can walk the grounds afterwards but this time were stopped approaching the manor itself due to Covid & the fact that the Manor Hotel was at full occupancy

Well worth it for a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Those visors aren't as useful if not worn with a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Posting again for another +1 to Chippy Chicken. Just perfect every time, not a single complaint about the place, and always quick to make the food. Plus since Bulls-Eye brand have pulled their Smokey Chipotle from stores, I can't find a decent replacement to make my own chipotle mayo, so this is the only place that has a savage version.

I got Gran Luchito chipotle chilli paste in Tesco, makes a savage mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Mc Love wrote: »
    Those visors aren't as useful if not worn with a mask.

Visors on their own are as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Staff contact is minimal, take order, bring food, pay bill, two minutes maximum, not an expert but my guess is risk is hovering around zero, I've no experience of cock flavoured lollipops so couldn't possibly comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

QueenRizla wrote: »
    I got Gran Luchito chipotle chilli paste in Tesco, makes a savage mayo.

Oh noted, because I reached out to Bulls Eye and they basically confirmed it's discontinued in Ireland... Will try that next time. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mamma Mia's is absolutely class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The Old Stand is now opening 12 to 10pm for food lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bigpink wrote: »
    The Old Stand is now opening 12 to 10pm for food lol

Gotta keep those in the wet house fed and watered eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Does anyone know of a place doing takeaway lunches around Castletroy or in the city? Something a bit nicer than a deli ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

eljono wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a place doing takeaway lunches around Castletroy or in the city? Something a bit nicer than a deli ideally.

Lana opposite The Hurlers?

Thanks, hadn't considered Lana, didn't realise they opened for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Factory?

Mc Love wrote: »
    The Factory?

Completely forgot about The Factory, thanks. Ended up getting takeaway from Bella Italia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hi folks. Might be visiting for a night or two in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations for a good place for dinner? Last time we were there was a couple of years ago and we went to Azur, which was great, but I know that's gone. Something similar or better would be great. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Hi folks. Might be visiting for a night or two in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations for a good place for dinner? Last time we were there was a couple of years ago and we went to Azur, which was great, but I know that's gone. Something similar or better would be great. Thanks.

Azur has just changed names, same proprietors, Rossi's Italian grill now.

Advertisement