Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hi folks. Might be visiting for a night or two in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations for a good place for dinner? Last time we were there was a couple of years ago and we went to Azur, which was great, but I know that's gone. Something similar or better would be great. Thanks.

The East Room is undoubtedly the best restaurant in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

oleras wrote: »
    Azur has just changed names, same proprietors, Rossi's Italian grill now.

Had seen it was an Italian alright, didn't know it was the same people. Menu is very run of the mill so it's not really drawing me in.

keane2097 wrote: »

Is that a good bit out of the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is that a good bit out of the city centre?

It's on the grounds of UL.
    @€;10 in a cab from the city centre.

If staying closer to the city is the aim, you can't go wrong with the French Table.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Hi folks. Might be visiting for a night or two in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations for a good place for dinner? Last time we were there was a couple of years ago and we went to Azur, which was great, but I know that's gone. Something similar or better would be great. Thanks.

I haven't been yet but Spitjack on Bedford Row has been getting some good reviews.

• Advertisement

Thanks for those, I've some ideas now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Had lunch with a friend in The Locke Bar earlier this week.

Fish pie for main and banana split for dessert. It was absolutely delicious. Nicest lunch I've had for ages. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Thanks for those, I've some ideas now anyway.

Freddy's Bistro is always a safe bet for a great meal. It is a tiny restaurant though, so would definitely need a booking as far in advance as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭adaminho

source wrote: »
    Freddy's Bistro is always a safe bet for a great meal. It is a tiny restaurant though, so would definitely need a booking as far in advance as possible.

https://twitter.com/DanielButlerFG/status/1291680576282546176?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

adaminho wrote: »

That is fantastic news and a great use of the lane. Do you know if that will be every weekend, or just this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Looking for suggestions for a nice breakfast on Sunday morning, thinking Spitjack or The Carriage House but I've been to both before....anywhere else I'm missing?

source wrote: »
    That is fantastic news and a great use of the lane. Do you know if that will be every weekend, or just this weekend?

Till September I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Skuxx wrote: »
    Looking for suggestions for a nice breakfast on Sunday morning, thinking Spitjack or The Carriage House but I've been to both before....anywhere else I'm missing?

Bia at the market do a good breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Was in two Flannerys over the weekend. The rugby ball one, food not great, great pints, easy on the time we could spend although we got moved to the smoking area after about two hours which was fine as it’s lovely out there.

The second Flannerys opposite smiths... food was superb, pints were excellent, didn’t test the time we could spend there as it was late and time for bed anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Was in two Flannerys over the weekend. The rugby ball one, food not great, great pints, easy on the time we could spend although we got moved to the smoking area after about two hours which was fine as it’s lovely out there.

The second Flannerys opposite smiths... food was superb, pints were excellent, didn’t test the time we could spend there as it was late and time for bed anyway.

Jerry Flannerys left you there to drink?

bigpink wrote: »
    Jerry Flannerys left you there to drink?

The 105 min time limit only applies to places that can't implement 2m social distancing. Most places only use 1m to fit more people in. Jerry's are using 1314 as well so have the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

adaminho wrote: »
    The 105 min time limit only applies to places that can't implement 2m social distancing. Most places only use 1m to fit more people in. Jerry's are using 1314 as well so have the space.

Yep. We were left to watch the entire FA cup final and then asked to go "outside" to the smoking area after, the place is huge in fairness.

Had a Locke burger yesterday for the first time washed down with a few Locke pints (not the first time) in the lovely Locke weather. I'm normally not one for these huge burgers that are the height of a pint glass but I enjoyed this one. Highly recommended. The staff there are absolutely on the ball too giving everything thats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was in Cobblestone Joes recently and some had the Pizza and some had the wings. I was impressed by the food and service. They're still working on the interiors I imagine but didn't feel restricted or rushed. You did register on the door for contact tracing and could eat and drink in peace with table service. Their menu is quite good to be fair.

Actually felt very continental really, food and drinks to your table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

keane2097 wrote: »

Yes, this is true, was there Saturday evening for the first time, ate off the A La Carte menu, they also have a reduced options early bird menu that finishes at 18.30, obviously it's a bit pricey compared to other local restaurants but the service & food is excellent,

Starters are €12 - €14, main courses €20 - €32 but mostly €29 - €32 & desserts €9.50 - €12.50

We had two starters , two mains, one dessert, one coffee, three rums, one coke, two G&T's, bill was €145, remove the alcohol about €110

The food was beautifully cooked & presented, couldn't fault it.

It's a very quiet, small enough venue, on arrival you are given a choice of having a drink at your table or in a separate room, we chose the separate room, they'll bring your drinks & menus & take your food order & then bring you to your table just before the starters are served, all very civilised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Double post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

what's your go-to pizza in mamma mia's? i got the meat feast last week and it was good, but want to try something different

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

what's your go-to pizza in mamma mia's? i got the meat feast last week and it was good, but want to try something different

The Spicy One

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭coffey87

Anyone eaten in Level Up Barcade yet? Can't find a menu and looking to convince the other half to go next Friday. Games have me, food might help convince her!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

coffey87 wrote: »
    Anyone eaten in Level Up Barcade yet? Can't find a menu and looking to convince the other half to go next Friday. Games have me, food might help convince her!

Haven't eaten there but here is the menu
    http://leveluplimerick.com/?page_id=58

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Random question but I have to go to the crescent this evening and fancy a pizza, is Milanos open and if so, do I need to book a table to eat inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Random question but I have to go to the crescent this evening and fancy a pizza, is Milanos open and if so, do I need to book a table to eat inside?

I'd go elsewhere. Milanos is seriously overpriced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

CosmicFool wrote: »

That’s not the question that was asked. It is open and it’s safer to try and book.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Berty wrote: »
    I was in Cobblestone Joes recently and some had the Pizza and some had the wings. I was impressed by the food and service. They're still working on the interiors I imagine but didn't feel restricted or rushed. You did register on the door for contact tracing and could eat and drink in peace with table service. Their menu is quite good to be fair.

Past there recently and it looked mobbed. I wouldn't have been surprised if I spotted Phil Hogan in the thick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

CosmicFool wrote: »

Not much food choice in the crescent unfortunately.

Advertisement