Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

CosmicFool wrote: »
    I'd go elsewhere. Milanos is seriously overpriced

I only go to Milanos when they offer vouchers for 30-40% off the entire order: http://www.milanooffers.ie/?restaurantId=22848

Doesn't look like that's there anymore but keep an eye out, they usually run these offers. That's actually the first time I've not seen a voucher for at least 30% off entire order on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There’s always a 30 percent discount for Milanos on the 3 plus app. Certain time’s and days of the week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ivan1983

I was yesterday in Papa'z (first time) and it was very tasty (we both took Southern fried chicken wrap), and staff (girls) were very nice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Ivan1983 wrote: »
    I was yesterday in Papa'z (first time) and it was very tasty (we both took Southern fried chicken wrap), and staff (girls) were very nice :-)

Papa'z is great, their meatball ciabatta is 10/10!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Or the Indian chicken - nom nom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

Bia at the Milk Market has closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

ciog52 wrote: »
    Bia at the Milk Market has closed.

That's a shame, always found it to be good quality in there, breakfast was the best in town IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

That Melody place looks class, great idea and something the city has been crying out for.
    I can imagine a lot of beards and wooly hats will be regulars there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Poorside wrote: »
    That Melody place looks class, great idea and something the city has been crying out for.
    I can imagine a lot of beards and wooly hats will be regulars there.

Any link to a website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Any link to a website?

All I can find is this: https://melody-limerick.business.site/

That page has a map with a pointer on a place in Fox's Bow where there had been a very small café a couple of years ago. However, that page also mentions an upstairs so the Stormy Teacup place sounds more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Does anyone know of anywhere in town that serves huevos rancheros on their menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Does anyone know of anywhere in town that serves huevos rancheros on their menu?

I know the buttery used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I remember getting something similar in Bella Italia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Went into Melody yesterday, first day chaos as expected, food and coffee were all spot on, and the place already has a lovely vibe, I'll certainly head back in a week or two once they settle into things.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

It's on Spitjack's breakfast menu too.

Canteen on Catherine Street. A cut above the other recommendations on here IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Excellent, thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭djdunny

As part of the Pigtown food festival, I have seen both the Mustard Seed in Ballingarry & The East Room in Plassey both putting on a special menu.

The Mustard Seed are doing a 4 course menu for €49 on the 17th September, with the option of B&B that night for €55 per person.

The East Room are doing a 5 course tasting menu for €50 on the 24th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any recommendations for an Indian restaurant in or near Limerick city that’s a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Gael23 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for an Indian restaurant in or near Limerick city that’s a reasonable price?

Mogul Emperor or Bambu in Limerick city are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mogul is tops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Bit further out but Bollywood Temple in Shannon is probably the best Indian I’ve ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Curry house is class

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Another vote for the Mogul, tried a few others at the start of Covid when Mogul weren’t delivering, Mogul’s best by a country mile, not the prettiest place you will ever eat in though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mogul looks good although not the most welcoming looking building.

On another note I’ve discovered O Connors cafe on Thomas St has closed. It was always a nice lunch stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Gael23 wrote: »
    Mogul looks good although not the most welcoming looking building.

On another note I’ve discovered O Connors cafe on Thomas St has closed. It was always a nice lunch stop

If you can get over the 1970’s decor, you’ll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

Pacifico wrote: »
    Bit further out but Bollywood Temple in Shannon is probably the best Indian I’ve ever had!

Got a takeaway 2 weeks ago & was not impressed. Had one before restaurants were allowed open & it was Devine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Achari.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Any know if The Copper Rooms is going be reopening?

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    Any know if The Copper Rooms is going be reopening?

Yep, next weekend I think. Check their Facebook page, they posted an update recently

Advertisement