Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Green Onion are doing dinner deliveries now, check out their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Green Onion are doing dinner deliveries now, check out their Facebook page

Did they get rid of the obnoxious teenager?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Jane98 wrote: »
    Any nice restaurants doing a takeaway service at the moment for a special occasion dinner?

Rossi's are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

davo2001 wrote: »
    You haven't been to a lot of restaurants so, Spitjack is OK, not bad, not great, it's very average, definitely not one of the best I've ever been to.

I'd have to disagree with you. A lot of places in Limerick are average and they charge top dollar for it. Spitjack is far better than a lot of these restaurants /pub grub spots in Limerick with their bland menus. Spitjack has a twist on most dishes unlike anthring else in Limerick. Far superior. Well worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

davo2001 wrote: »
    You haven't been to a lot of restaurants so, Spitjack is OK, not bad, not great, it's very average, definitely not one of the best I've ever been to.

Their chicken croquettes are as good as any I've had in Spain, the porchetta almost nicer than that I've had in Italy and himself is obsessed with their chicken and impressed by their full Irish (a mean feat to impress a Kerry man).

They did a 3 course for 2 click and collect deal for about 50 quid, including a full bottle of wine. Insanely good value when most other places are charging the guts of a tenner for one dessert.

Food is dependent on everyone's taste. I for one am disappointed Spitjack is closing for lockdown as it offered something different to the Limerick food scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there any 'normal' Chinese takeaway out in the Raheen/Crescent area where you'd get a 3in1 and some chicken balls? They all seem a bit more upmarket than that on Google...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there any 'normal' Chinese takeaway out in the Raheen/Crescent area where you'd get a 3in1 and some chicken balls? They all seem a bit more upmarket than that on Google...

Not sure about the 3 in 1 but you can get chicken balls in the Peony Court at Punches Cross, saw it on the menu the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The kind of Chinese you are looking for is probably not online. Town is probably your best bet if you drive

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

The Golden Bowel up by Raheen Foodstores might be able to sort ya.

Tim76 wrote: »
    The Golden Bowel up by Raheen Foodstores might be able to sort ya.

Typo? Great name for a restaurant if not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Wok to Go in Ballinacurra is lovely. Best satay sauce in Limerick IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Typo? Great name for a restaurant if not!

Or a colonic irrigation company :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Tim76 wrote: »
    Or a colonic irrigation company :)

It's lily Palace now, they do a mean spice box

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Kilboor wrote: »
    Wok to Go in Ballinacurra is lovely. Best satay sauce in Limerick IMO

While I wasn't gone on their Satay their Ramen noodles with mushrooms, chicken and teriyaki sauce should be made illegal or at least come with an addiction health warning . To be fair to them my wife makes a great chicken satay so imo everything else pales into insignificance .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Thumbs up for Lily House, they don't take card if you walkup but just eat works. Good chicken balls alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Tried Bambu last night, got a variety of Indian & Thai dishes. Was really lovely. The former owner/chefs from ZoZabb are located there now.

Had a chicken pad thai which was just as good as it was at ZoZabb. Was very impressed, tasty dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Went with the Lily House in the end, 3 in 1 and Chicken Balls, exactly what I was looking for thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Went with the Lily House in the end, 3 in 1 and Chicken Balls, exactly what I was looking for thanks all.

They have their own app with the "order again" option which is just too bloody handy....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Hi folks,

Wondering if you could recommend any nice bakery that delivers in Limerick?

Hoping to send someone in Castletroy something to give them a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭djdunny

Check out Braw Bakes. Anna is very talented.

https://www.facebook.com/chocolateBraw/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Was in Supervalue Castletroy on sat for the drink bargains (Bailys a tenner,24 cans Canadian 20 euro,Coors 24 cans 28 euro so got all 3)

There was a kind of market in the car park and i happened to see a couple of guys cooking pizzas in two small ovens,i got talking to them and they make all their own dough,use all fresh natural ingredients and cook to order.

Itook home two pizzas and it was agreed in the house that were as good as we ever tasted,they will be there again when the next market is on i think it is once a month and they mentioned they do some other markets i the limerick area.

I hope to see them again sometime and they go under the name DOCO PIZZAS and can be found on instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

I need to travel to the city for Essential Business.
    Where is open for good take away sandwiches etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Treepole wrote: »
    I need to travel to the city for Essential Business.
    Where is open for good take away sandwiches etc?
    The Green Onion and Canteen both have good lunch options imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Had the breakfast sandwich in Rift at the weekend. It was amazing yes it's not the cheapest but the quality was stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

sioda wrote: »
    Had the breakfast sandwich in Rift at the weekend. It was amazing yes it's not the cheapest but the quality was stunning.

What's in the Breakfast sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

sioda wrote: »

Had a few different sandwiches there and all were good. Their cinnamon swirls are the nicest Ive tried and big enough that I usually have to leave half for later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Had a few different sandwiches there and all were good. Their cinnamon swirls are the nicest Ive tried and big enough that I usually have to leave half for later
    Brownies are also the best around, too good in fact! :pac:

Cake Etc Limerick bakes for them, and her cakes are out of this world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭djdunny

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Cake Etc Limerick bakes for them, and her cakes are out of this world :)

100% agree. Looking forward to picking up her toy show treat box tomorrow. More brownies!!! Yay!

• Advertisement

djdunny wrote: »
    100% agree. Looking forward to picking up her toy show treat box tomorrow. More brownies!!! Yay!

Me too :D

Advertisement