Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Question for some of the more seasoned campaigners on here. There was a restaurant near Pery Square that closed about 7-8 years ago. Was fairly fancy, fine dining type spot. Any of ye remember the name? It's been wrecking my head all day! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Question for some of the more seasoned campaigners on here. There was a restaurant near Pery Square that closed about 7-8 years ago. Was fairly fancy, fine dining type spot. Any of ye remember the name? It's been wrecking my head all day! Cheers

The Brassiere?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Market Square Brassiere? The same unit was also The Red Onion and The Treasury since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I'd say the market Square. Was really nice, moved down to the Savoy hotel. Was downstairs at first and then moved upstairs. The food was always top class. Gone now I think.

Thanks, but the brasserie doesn't ring a bell. I think this place was on Hartstonge Street, steps down into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Wasn't there a place called Chez O Shea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thanks, but the brasserie doesn't ring a bell. I think this place was on Hartstonge Street, steps down into it.

The Market Square or The Treasury are the only ones coming to mind for me too. Like you said they were down stairs in the basement and on the corner or O'Connell St and Hartstonge St

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

Wasn't there a place called Chez O Shea?

That was in a small single storey building on O'Connell St, a couple of doors down from The Bank. There's a modern office building there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

The silver plate was down steps on upper hartstonge street . That was a good few years back .

Skuxx wrote: »
    The Market Square or The Treasury are the only ones coming to mind for me too. Like you said they were down stairs in the basement and on the corner or O'Connell St and Hartstonge St
    The Treasury - that's it! I was there years ago, but couldn't remember the name. Nice spot actually, pity it closed.

Thanks to all the contributions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Treasury was lovely, I was really disappointed when it closed. Has anyone taken over that location?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Crew Brewery have teamed up with Mamma Mia and you can now order the pizza from their barstaff

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Crew Brewery have teamed up with Mamma Mia and you can now order the pizza from their barstaff

A great combination. Adds lovely pizza to great beer selection. Crew have better space available to them on the street too. Win win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Where is crew brewery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭adaminho

Jofspring wrote: »
    Where is crew brewery?

The Old Fire station Upper Thomas street.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Where is crew brewery?

Right up the top almost on the corner with Wickham St.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭shanmo

Looking to get domino's tonight. Any opinions on whether one of the 2 stores is better than the other, Mount Kenneth or Castletroy? Or much the same?

Thanks

I think they decide for you based on location when you order (online at least). I used to think one Apache was better than the other till I found out the further away one was just passing my order on to the "bad" one

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dingle1969

Anyone have an opinion on the Mustard Seed? I was there years ago and it was brilliant. Is it still operating at the same level?

I was there around this time last summer (when we didn't need covid passes to eat indoors despite not being vaccinated!) and it was top class. Everything from setting to food to service was exceptional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

Great place for a special occasion. Constantly wins awards for food and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dingle1969

Thanks, It was superb the last time I went years ago. I was hoping it had maintained its standards.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Has anyone eaten out in Limerick recently? I've an anniversary coming up soon, and looking to get fed. :-)

Used to enjoy Texas Steakout, but open to suggestions.

Spitjack is excellent if meaty dinners is your thing the place under the Savoy is good too but can't remember the name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I was there with 24 others for a wedding in december it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Remember when you could get a 3 course meal at the Hamptons for 15 quid, those were great days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone from castleconnell way?? has that chipper near the barracks gone to the dogs?

they had very nice fish&chips last year, went in yesterday and it was batter&chips - a smidgen of fish (and it wasn't cod either)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Advertisement