Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Tried planet pizza out in Raheen beside tom ryans very good value for very boring pizza lol :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Was in Gourmet Burger in Castletroy across from the AIB bank last night. The food there was delicious and quick, service was good.

They have a Wednesday night deal- 2 main meals from the menu, a beer or glass of wine each and 2 cinema tickets for the Odeon in Castletroy for €30. A great deal! The tickets have to be used on Wednesday night but it can be any Wednesday night-not just the night on which you eat there.

We had the Clon burger (a huge beef burger with black pudding-YUM!), the American burger-a chicken filllet with BBQ sauce, delicious, and the thick cut bacon cheese fries that come with a side of garlic dip. The fries are amazing.

In all, it was a great meal, great value and we'll definitely be returning. The cinema tickets are just a bonus to the great food.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Peckish (o'connell st) seemed to have changed their menu, they're no longer a solely chicken joint but do a wide range of dishes now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Need a really good pizza place in the city that delivers!! And has an online menu!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭guernica

gg2 wrote: »
    I hear great things about chicken hut, but have never been :D

You've never been to the Chicken Hut??! *faints*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bartelby

Had Luigi's last night and it was really disappointing. Chips were lukewarm/cold. It was quite when I went in and the chips must have been sitting there ages. Its happened a few times that I have gone there lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Bartelby wrote: »
    Had Luigi's last night and it was really disappointing. Chips were lukewarm/cold. It was quite when I went in and the chips must have been sitting there ages. Its happened a few times that I have gone there lately.

That's a shame. Luigi's is usually pretty good. I think in town tough, Enzo's is the best. Nicest one I've found outside the city centre is Tony's in Raheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Went to Milano the other night and it was lovely I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

That's a shame. Luigi's is usually pretty good. I think in town tough, Enzo's is the best. Nicest one I've found outside the city centre is Tony's in Raheen.

+1 for Enzo's!

Too bad I'm on a diet! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Tackled the Jasmine Buffet today - they were a bit slow bringing food out but as always the food was great quality, there are more vegetarian options also!

Desserts were a let down though - the creme brulee tasted like scrambled eggs....

Its still great value and a nice treat - a bi-annual one for me or i would have to be rolled around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

fryup wrote: »
    Peckish (o'connell st) seemed to have changed their menu, they're no longer a solely chicken joint but do a wide range of dishes now

I hope they increased their portion size as well. Been there twice minuscule is the word that comes to mind not in a hurry back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Was in Abra for the first time in ages tonight their new menu is good love the new chip range and the pulled pork kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

Anywhere in town that does a Chinese buffet on a Saturday evening? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

How far in advance would I want to be booking a table in Taikichi? Hoping to go there this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

You need to get there early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

ciog52 wrote: »
    You need to get there early
    Thanks, booked for 6.30 after she said 7 was busy. Hopefully they don't expect us to be done in 30 min :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Any recommendations for Valentines night guys?

Any opinions on One Pery Square for dinner? I was thinking of taking some visiting family there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Parchment wrote: »
    Any opinions on One Pery Square for dinner? I was thinking of taking some visiting family there.

Ate there twice really good meal on both occasions, staff are excellent and friendly. The pace of the meal was very good also and though it was very busy on both occasions the restaurant did not seem loud just an enjoyable buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Parchment wrote: »

Went there recently and while the food was great, the restaurant was freezing! We said it to the waiter and he closed the door, but there just seemed to be a breeze going through the place.

Great food though, and very good value. Was pleasantly surprised at the price, considering it seems to be towards the fine dining end of restaurants?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Moon Dice wrote: »

I was in La Piccola on O'Connell st. with the OH, thought it was a nice spot for couples and the food was lovely. If you don't like Italian it's not for you mind :o

Thanks to all who gave opinions on One Pery Square - booked it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Moon Dice wrote: »

Stay in and cook a romantic meal - go out any other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You'll be robbed on Valentines night go the night before or after....

Was in La Piccola tonight and got a takeaway pizza to say it was rank is putting it mildly , burnt like **** and pure cold and yes i ate it straight away in the car ,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You'll be robbed on Valentines night go the night before or after....

Was in La Piccola tonight and got a takeaway pizza to say it was rank is putting it mildly , burnt like **** and pure cold and yes i ate it straight away in the car ,

Why didnt you bring it back if you ate it straight away???

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Chips were bad last time I ate there, cold soggy chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bartelby

shaka wrote: »
    Chips were bad last time I ate there, cold soggy chips.

I had the same experience ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Gave Tuscany bistro another go and same problem , food ok but service very very poor

• Advertisement

shaka wrote: »
    Gave Tuscany bistro another go and same problem , food ok but service very very poor

I had the same problem - it used to be one of my favourite places to eat in limerick...heck in ireland but i havent been back since we had a family birthday there and everyone of us left disappointed.

Advertisement