Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I cannot even explain how amazing the pizza is in four seasons at groody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭squonk

Tried the Jasmine Palace buffet yesterday for the post Christmas party Stoney recovery therapy. The food is still nice but they've removed some things like the Thai curries, the black pudding, the pizzas and the sushi. I love sushi so am disappointed. It's just not the draw it once was. I think they've now upped the seating capacity and downed the selection and space dedicated to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Just got off the phone to making a complaint to Indira. I'm not really the type to make a fuss about things but they were taking the pish. Starter platter arrived out cold. The prawn main course, arrived out with three prawns (supposed to be 6-8 prawns for 15 quid) and said on the menu you get a portion of poppadoms with a main course which didn't arrive.

I won't even get into the fact it wasn't nice (but that's neither here nor there), it's holding out on what is advertised is what really got my goad. Spent over 30 quid there. Needless to say I won't be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Was in Texas last night. Excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

In Kaya over the weekend. Group of us all thought it was very good.
    Aroi still better though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

vkid wrote: »
    In Kaya over the weekend. Group of us all thought it was very good.
    Aroi still better though

The Thai Gourmet is better than both :)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I cannot even explain how amazing the pizza is in four seasons at groody :)

Just back from Australia and it was my first stop for takeaway food.

Run by the guys who used to work in Apache years ago. So greasy and the chilli sauce is still amazing!

No way a healthy meal, but it brings back great memories and great for a hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

h3000 wrote: »

I don't even think the owner of Thai Gourmet would agree with that, I'm stunned to hear it but each to their own. You know what you like yourself.

I don't even think the owner of Thai Gourmet would agree with that, I'm stunned to hear it but each to their own. You know what you like yourself.

Really? We will have to agree to disagree.

but you're wrong :pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dracula!

looking to take my girlfriend out for dinner new years eve

of the three im most familiar with

cornstore = dont care for the look of the place but food is very nice

fredies bistro = expensive but very nice

hamptons = went there a few months ago and it was a huge let down

anyone know of anywhere else which is well regarded in town

I find the French table good and have often been there on New years eve. The food and service are very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

h3000 wrote: »

They all have their benefits. For me, Aroi is the best by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭squonk

+1 for Aroi but Thai Gourmet is by no means bad. I'd say it's a very close second!

I was happy to get take away from Thai Gourmet a couple of times a year but I found it to be a fairly poor and watery version of thai food, inoffensive but bland I would say. It still beats the hell out of any Chinese restaurant in town with the possible exception of the Jasmine.
    Since Aroi and Kaya have arrived in town I can safely say that wild horses wouldn't drag me into Thai Gourmet. Is it possible though that they've upped their game in the light of the new competition??

I was happy to get take away from Thai Gourmet a couple of times a year but I found it to be a fairly poor and watery version of thai food, inoffensive but bland I would say. It still beats the hell out of any Chinese restaurant in town with the possible exception of the Jasmine.
    Since Aroi and Kaya have arrived in town I can safely say that wild horses wouldn't drag me into Thai Gourmet. Is it possible though that they've upped their game in the light of the new competition??

tbh I've never found it in any way bland or watery when I've went in there, I always taught it was very well cooked and good quality ingredients.. Now Kaya is great too, I've only tried Aroi once and it was good but I'll definitely have to give it a go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cloudydsound

Aroi is amazing, most authentic place in town imo. The tom kha gai is phenomenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Is the Jasmine Buffet really a shadow of its former self? Thinking of taking a few friends before Xmas but dont want it to be a let down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Never been to the Jasmine buffet but the restaurant itself is grand but lacks something

Excellent service in the Wokking last night - two irish girls working there. One with dark hair one with blonde hair. Utterly professional and lovely !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Has the Jasmin replaced that filthy carpet yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joannemoon

was in akasaka japanese restaurant last weeks ,the sushi presentation is amazing and delicious, the best sushi in ireland , and also very friendly sushi chef.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Visited la picola for the first time in years, place hasn't changed abit. Had a lovely meal, prawns in chili starter and seafood pasta .

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I agree I was in picola italia and food was fab

La Piccola is fab every time we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Got a take away from the Cream Room Curry House in the South Court Hotel last night. Totally delicious!

Jane98 wrote: »
    Got a take away from the Cream Room Curry House in the South Court Hotel last night. Totally delicious!

This place is right by work and i have been tempted many times. Can i ask - did you find it salty?I know thats subjective but i HATE really salty Indian food that leaves me thirsty for two days!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Parchment wrote: »
    This place is right by work and i have been tempted many times. Can i ask - did you find it salty?I know thats subjective but i HATE really salty Indian food that leaves me thirsty for two days!

Not at all. Give it a go. I'm not a huge fan of salt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I was just going to ask if that place is any good, would normally head for the spice of india in town.

Mc Love wrote: »
    I was just going to ask if that place is any good, would normally head for the spice of india in town.

I've seen Spice of India mentioned here on numerous occasions as being the benchmark Indian in Limerick, I've eaten from there 5 or 6 times including once a few weeks ago and while it was absolutely fine I wouldn't rate it any better than most other Indians around town past or present. Have always meant to try out that Cream Room but for some reason it never registers when I'm thinking where to go.

I'm interested in other opinions on the Barbeque place on Henry street, I was in there shortly after it opened and was mostly disappointed, burger was excellent but everything else I saw or tasted wasn't great, any recent visitors care to relay their experiences??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I'm interested in other opinions on the Barbeque place on Henry street, I was in there shortly after it opened and was mostly disappointed, burger was excellent but everything else I saw or tasted wasn't great, any recent visitors care to relay their experiences??

Was disappointed with my visit. Had the pulled pork wrap and it was very dry and the pork pretty tough. Found the menu options a bit limited too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Was in Zweton Fr. Russell Rd. other day.

16e for starter, main and drink (bottle beer/ soft drink / wine).

Great value, simple dishes done well, all nice and freshly cooked.

They have very fast service. I wouldn't say it is some spectacular authentic Chinese but it is good quality simple things.

Advertisement