Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Not at night you shouldn't and frankly I don't believe kids should be in bars.

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, there is laws about children in bars at night time right???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

vkid wrote: »
    Had take away from rene cusacks place in the market. Really tasty. Had the special, which had a huge portion of cod goujons, scampi, calamari, chips and a drink for 9eu.

Sounds good. Must give it another shot. Ate in once and was a little underwhelmed. It wasnt bad but I've had better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Don't know how there could be horror stories about no.1 pery.square. That place is quite special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Don't know how there could be horror stories about no.1 pery.square. That place is quite special

Don't know about horror stories, but I have heard very mixed reviews myself. Most of them its good, but not brilliant..have ye to try it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

All i've heard is bad things about the restaurant. Friends were even offered a voucher after a bad meal and refused it.

• Advertisement

Don't know about horror stories, but I have heard very mixed reviews myself. Most of them its good, but not brilliant..have ye to try it though.

Horror stories was an exaggeration alright, I have heard of cold soup being served, meat cooked way beyond what was requested. What I have mostly heard is that it is average grub in the current restaurant climate, not in the same league as other fine dining experiences in Limerick or elsewhere.
    I've also heard nice things about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I also had read the mixed reviews of Sash, but we were using the spa area also that afternoon so opted for lunch there rather than somewhere else, hadn't been there before, we enjoyed the food, thought it was really tasty, we would both return based on our experience there

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Any times I've eaten in Sash the food has always been great and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to any one. I've only ever heard great things about Sash as well and this is the first I've heard of someone having a bad experience there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Had take away from rene cusacks place in the market. Really tasty. Had the special, which had a huge portion of cod goujons, scampi, calamari, chips and a drink for 9eu.

Where is this ?

Is it the shop thats open on sat and sun ?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Bored_lad wrote: »
    Any times I've eaten in Sash the food has always been great and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to any one. I've only ever heard great things about Sash as well and this is the first I've heard of someone having a bad experience there.

Ate there once, thought the food was on the good side of average. Lovely room and service was good, but I probably wouldn't go back. There are better options around town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

oleras wrote: »
    Where is this ?

Is it the shop thats open on sat and sun ?

It's where Lazio used to be.Really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

ralphie wrote: »
    It's where Lazio used to be.Really good.

That may be tomorrows supper sorted, nice one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'd endorse Rene Cusack's too. It's good quality food and good value too. It's not all deep fried muck either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Was in the Red Hen again for lunch, really impressed. Not too fancy or anything, but very tasty. Chips are proper chips.

One of the nicer lunch menus in Limerick imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I wouldn't eat there if you paid me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

kfrp wrote: »

It used to be a very popular spot for posters on this forum. No idea what the standard is like these days, but it was a grand spot for lunch a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Food is (or at least was) woeful. Haven't eaten there in over a year. Got served up some meals there that looked like a college student knocked them together after coming home from the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

It was a favourite of ours years ago and then it went downhill very fast. We found ourselves sitting waiting to order while staff chatted away amongst themselves, something that became a habit for them and once after 20 minutes of waiting to order coffee we left, the last time I was there I ordered a vegetarian meal, luckily I always check before eating, because the food wasn't vegetarian, we waited half an hour for 2 paninis:confused: and I had to get a refund because I didn't have the time to wait for them to redo my order. Bad service and general fcuckuppery where the reasons we stopped going in, haven't been back for 3 years so don't know what it's like now and never will go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Anything Living Social has on offer should be approached cautiously. I've been burned before with regard to quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

That price is outrageous to be honest! And the standards went through the floor a few years ago, used to be a nice lunch spot I'd go to with Mam when I worked in town.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    That price is outrageous to be honest! And the standards went through the floor a few years ago, used to be a nice lunch spot I'd go to with Mam when I worked in town.

It's 14.50 for a three course meal with tea or coffee, hardly outrageous no matter how bad it is.

When is coqbull opening? That's something I'd be very interested in checking out.

It's 14.50 for a three course meal with tea or coffee, hardly outrageous no matter how bad it is.

When is coqbull opening? That's something I'd be very interested in checking out.

Outrageous for the old quarter!

Outrageous for the old quarter!

Fair enough, I haven't eaten anything from there in almost ten years.
    However I cannot think of anywhere at all that three courses as well as tea or coffee for 14.50 can be described as 'outrageous'. I don't know where you eat out.

Fair enough, I haven't eaten anything from there in almost ten years.
    However I cannot think of anywhere at all that three courses as well as tea or coffee for 14.50 can be described as 'outrageous'. I don't know where you eat out.

Three course Turkish meal in north London for much less ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Three course Turkish meal in north London for much less ;)

We'll surely have a Wetherspoons here by the time you're home again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Think I'll give it a miss! Not a Boardsie favourite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

There is a reason they are giving a deal on Living Social. Its to drum up business. Otherwise they wouldnt be doing it imo.
    Would not be a fan of the place at all, for food or even a pint.

Would not be a fan of the place at all, for food or even a pint.

Yeah, they closed for "renovations" a while back and when they reopened they'd just covered the place in Heineken branded gear, lined the shelves with bottles, etc. Totally put me off the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Anybody know a good Italian place? Looking for somewhere to go out next week :)
    Reasonable priced if possible!

Advertisement