Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Three course Turkish meal in north London for much less ;)
    Cost a bit in petrol though to go from Limerick to north London for a bit of grub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Aragneer wrote: »
    Anybody know a good Italian place? Looking for somewhere to go out next week :)
    Reasonable priced if possible!

La Cucina out in Castletroy is my favourite spot for Italian food. Bella Italia in town is also nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Tuscany in Annacotty is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

La Cucina, I find, is always far too busy, usually with students or even secondary school kids! Last time I went, it was far too rowdy! I'll look up Bella Italia!

Is Tuscany in Annacotty the Tuscany Bistro? There is a zwe-ton in the same complex? :)

Thanks for the quick answers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Milano's in town is an option too if you fancy an Italian pizza or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Tefral

Is Tuscany in Annacotty the Tuscany Bistro?

YEP!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Luigi's on Parnell St ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Tim76 wrote: »
    Luigi's on Parnell St ;)

It's as authentic as any other 'Italian' restaurant in limerick. The answer to the question is that there is no good Italian in Limerick although the food is nice enough in Tuscany. La Cucina I'd hardly a spot for a nice meal unless reheated pasta dinners are what you're after. Nice enough for a very casual lunch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bella Italia is good. I've heard good things about La Piccola Italia on O'Connell Street but I haven't been yet myself.

I miss the spot that used to be on Mount Kenneth, Casa Nostra. Their food was gorgeous.

An File wrote: »
    Bella Italia is good. I've heard good things about La Piccola Italia on O'Connell Street but I haven't been yet myself.

I miss the spot that used to be on Mount Kenneth, Casa Nostra. Their food was gorgeous.

Casa Nostra was definitely the pick of the bunch, there are some very good Italian restaurants all over the country nowadays, I'm partial to good Italian food, I've never had a very good Italian meal in Limerick but Casa Nostra was the best.
    I've not been to Bella Italia in a few years but all my experiences were very bad, microwaved food being the major sin but generally poor food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Ate in Hamptons earlier this week. Generous servings, flawless surroundings and friendly staff. Was very happy with the option of 3 courses for €29 too.

100% will be back.

I tried a takeaway from the new Thai place above the Glen Bar last weekend and I was pleasantly surprised, we had a very nice red duck curry, lovely Nasi Goreng (Malaysian I know) and very decent kids options including a really good and not at all sickly Sweet and sour chicken. Good Thai fish cakes also, from what we had I would rate it as an equal to Kaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

The bar in the George is now all Italian. Ate there few weeks back and was really impressed with it. One of group is really fussy eater (a nightmare actually) and even they liked the pizza they ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Da Vincenzo's is a new Italian in the george hotel. Guy who runs/owns it is Italian and ships in ingredients from Italy. Ate there and was very nice. All pizzas 10 euro sunday and monday. Definitely worth a try

Was in la piccola pizzeria last weekend and think it very over priced for very mediocre food.

Big gap in the market in Limerick for good Italian food. Miss Casa nostra :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

Our S&S Club are doing an Italian night tomorrow night in town. We've 4 restaurants booked, La Piccola, Bella Italia, Milano and Da Vincenzo's. I'm heading into La Piccola, my first time in years trying it.

As previous posters have said, I miss the place on Mount Kenneth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

San Lorenzo on Steamboat Quay was my favourite Italian restaurant in Limerick for a long time. It's gone a few years now though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

phog wrote: »
    Our S&S Club are doing an Italian night tomorrow night in town. We've 4 restaurants booked, La Piccola, Bella Italia, Milano and Da Vincenzo's. I'm heading into La Piccola, my first time in years trying it.

As previous posters have said, I miss the place on Mount Kenneth.

LaPiccola is the best Italian in Limerick hands down despite what some folk think of the service/food

Mc Love wrote: »
    LaPiccola is the best Italian in Limerick hands down despite what some folk think of the service/food

Not nit picking here but if people have a problem with the food as you suggest then it's not much of a claim to be the best in town.
    I'll have to try the place in the George, seems to be recommended on here.

Incidentally I wouldn't view good pizza as being the hallmark of a good Italian restaurant, it's very easy to get right and I would very rarely order a pizza in a 'proper' restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Had lunch in the new place in The George today and it was delicious!! Wasn't overly hungry so just had a panini but it reminded me so much of a panini bar I went to a few times over in Rome! Absolutly delicious and great value! I'd highly recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Had the lunch buffet in the Peony Court today, as Chinese food goes it was grand, good value too at €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Mc Love wrote: »

I'm with you 100%, I've never left dissatisfied and I've never had meatballs like the ones they do there. Oh my...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I've always heard great things about LaPiccola but I've been there three times and all three times the food was average at very best and bad most of the time. The service was downright rude anytime I've been there.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

h3000 wrote: »
    I've always heard great things about LaPiccola but I've been there three times and all three times the food was average at very best and bad most of the time. The service was downright rude anytime I've been there.

Anytime i have been there i found the staff so lovely. Im not crazy into Italian food but the other half is and loves it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Have to put a good word in for Mejana here. Always lovely food in there and it is different to anywhere else in town. Special nod to the Lebanese wine which is beautiful and the service is very friendly.

And on Friday/Saturday nights they have belly dancer Kira Nahan in there.

kira-nahan.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Was in mejanna once and was very underwhelmed.
    Didnt have alot of dishes and then people either side of us eating pizzas chips and kebabs kinda ruined the vibe
    May try again

Was in La picola pizza 1st time..grand cant see the hype.crammed place cold vibe to it.needs a revamp

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭PIORUN

went to French table on Sunday night.. lovely food but very quiet in there. also very bad location in town. you could bump into anyone coming out of there.

PIORUN wrote: »
    went to French table on Sunday night.. lovely food but very quiet in there. also very bad location in town. you could bump into anyone coming out of there.

Dodgy area alright with the junkie park and all the scum living in the area

bigpink wrote: »
    Dodgy area alright with the junkie park and all the scum living in the area

Don't feed the junkies

• Advertisement

Going to the game tonight and wanna get some food later.. don't want the usual burger/chips would like something different, a burrito or something.. any recommendations

Badass Burritos on Catherine St. Best in town and probably the country at that. Run by a very nice San Fran lady.

Advertisement