Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Agreed on René Cusack, with regard to both price and quality, having eaten in the Market premises a couple of times.

Haven't been back in a while though, as my last experience there rubbed my OCD the wrong way. The girl who was working there used her hands, which were also taking money, to transfer the food into their containers.

Pretty gross IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

I see mention on social media of a Street Food Market on the Boardwalk today, any idea what this entails and how many stalls would be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Treepole wrote: »
    I see mention on social media of a Street Food Market on the Boardwalk today, any idea what this entails and how many stalls would be there?

I saw a few photos and they showed 5 stalls but there might be more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Walked past the crepe stall that does be outside penneys and on cruises street was one.Then a coffee van a falfael stall and a bun stall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I think that's on every Wednesday

• Advertisement

Waste of time dont bother

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

Treepole wrote: »

I'd say there were 6-7 stalls there on Wednesday. I had a curry from Khing Thai (who have a restaurant up town) for €6.50. Hopefully it'll grow.

I'd say there were 6-7 stalls there on Wednesday. I had a curry from Khing Thai (who have a restaurant up town) for €6.50. Hopefully it'll grow.

Missed that so.at half 4 only the crepe and faleafal stall there

I think it's a good initiative, brings people down by the river. Imagine the entire boardwalk with stalls, would be deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

leakyboots wrote: »
    I think it's a good initiative, brings people down by the river. Imagine the entire boardwalk with stalls, would be deadly

What if it takes from other businesses?

Not saying I disagree with you, but if we're to learn anything from the Great Limerick Burrito Wars of 2016 it's that the Council should tread carefully when incentivising business in the city.

There's a line somewhere that they should probably not cross. Not sure where that line is, but it should be discussed.

• Advertisement

I think there's enough business to go around, a few stalls set up once a week won't see places closing [I'm aware of the irony of me saying that given Burritogate] - the more things that bring people down to the riverfront the better

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The council really need to keep on top of the rubbish collection down on the riverfront, was down there on Monday and it was filthy. I know people should put their rubbish away but there arent a lot of bins.

It's a shame the recent riverfront works were so badly designed. It could be a lot better down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zulutango wrote: »
    It's a shame the recent riverfront works were so badly designed. It could be a lot better down there.

What could be better?

What could be better?

Fully pedestrianize it
    More seating

bigpink wrote: »
    Fully pedestrianize it
    More seating

definitely needs more seating - I'd love to see riverside concerts there, especially when the weather is fine

What could be better?

The two lanes for one-way traffic are completely unnecessary and they encourage the cars to go that bit too fast. Of course, because there's faster traffic there's hundreds of very hideous white bollards delineating the road from the pedestrian area.

By right there should be no distinction between the road area and the pedestrian area, and this would result in far slower traffic.

Also, if there was only one lane, there would have been no need to build the boardwalk, which is quite ugly from every vantage point unless you are actually standing on it. You'd still have plenty of space for a great promenade-type amenity.

The work around of the steps down to the river leaves much to be desired also. And there's quite a bit of clutter aside from the millions of bollards (i.e. flagpoles, etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Which are the best restaurants in Limerick for dining al fresco? I usually go to curraghower but would like to try somewhere different

panda100 wrote: »
    Which are the best restaurants in Limerick for dining al fresco? I usually go to curraghower but would like to try somewhere different

Curraghower isn't too good because its outdoor area faces northeast-ish and is in the shade most of the time.

Milano or The Locke get plenty of sunshine but they aren't great restaurants.

Limerick is very poorly served for al fresco dining unfortunately.

Some of the cafés are nice for a coffee outside, but don't be expecting great food.

For lunch - Nancy Blake's and Mickey Martins are good for outside dining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

Could anyone tell me what restaurant is going in to the building that Amber previously occupied next to the Locke

Can you eat outside in azur? Anywhere nice outside the city for eating outside? Dirty nellys is the only spot I can think of

Can you eat outside in azur? Anywhere nice outside the city for eating outside? Dirty nellys is the only spot I can think of

LaCucina if you can get a seat!

The Urban Garden outside Penneys is pretty amazing. Quite a bold step in rejuvenating the city centre really :pac: :pac: :pac:

Mc Love wrote: »
    For lunch - Nancy Blake's and Mickey Martins are good for outside dining

Nancys do lunch?

Nancys do lunch?

Soup and sandwiches/Toastie :)

Mickeys lunch sounds good but they never update facebook with the menu and have a manky chalk board out sometimes.seema to have to be kinda in the know or something

Soup and sandwhiches out the back of nancys does not fit my definition of dining al fresco!

Soup and sandwhiches out the back of nancys does not fit my definition of dining al fresco!

Nancys missing a trick not serving good lunches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Nancys missing a trick not serving good lunches

In fairness, Nancys is doing fine as it is. Was in there Saturday night and could hardly move it was so packed! Whatever about a place to dine al fresco, Limerick could badly do with a few alternative late bars to Nancys!

Advertisement