Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Stopped off at Finnegan's on Sunday afternoon for a bit of lunch. Had the roast beef myself and it was nice and tender with plenty of veg. Staff were friendly and service was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Mc Love wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that. La Piccola has never left me down and I've never had a bad meal or experience in there.

That being said shrooms aren't an ingredient of carbonara and neither is cream. The other important thing about carbonara is the pepper. I got a carbonara in DaVincenzos and it had no pepper. It was just dry pasta and bacon. Very disappointing tbh

Had the Salmon in DaVincenzos last week and good god it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

With the recent good weather I found myself bemoaning the lack of cafe's and restaurants in Limerick that are near the river.

It is a damn shame. Basically you have the Locke & the Curragower for pub grub with the best views of the river (Locke ok not a great menu and the Curragower is heavily fish based but generally excellent), Milano (boring) and Cafe Crust (always closed), Jack Mondays (ok) and Azur (have never tried)

Given the amount of river frontage that is a pretty poor selection. Limerick really doesn't make the most of the river

I was in Clarion recently having a drink by the river and it was really nice. Not sure about the food in there but might be worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    I was in Clarion recently having a drink by the river and it was really nice. Not sure about the food in there but might be worth a try?

The absolute hotel is another option

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Anybody here try the John St Breafast House? Voted the best fry up in the county here...

https://www.facebook.com/LovinDublin/posts/1401064483253651

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Do thry get the sun tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I wouldn't say that. La Piccola has never left me down and I've never had a bad meal or experience in there.

That being said shrooms aren't an ingredient of carbonara and neither is cream. The other important thing about carbonara is the pepper. I got a carbonara in DaVincenzos and it had no pepper. It was just dry pasta and bacon. Very disappointing tbh

I meant if you wanted Italian that was fairly decent and you were in town it's an alternative. I wouldn't dream say it was better. La piccoloa is by far my favourite restaurant in Limerick but can be a touch expensive so I'd reserve it for a treat rather than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Has anyone tried Tkee on O'Connell street yet? It's the new buffet place owned by the same guys that have the Jasmine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

oakshade wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Tkee on O'Connell street yet? It's the new buffet place owned by the same guys that have the Jasmine.

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

bigpink wrote:
    Where is it?

I think its the place at the back of the costcutter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Had lunch in The Locke yesterday, a smoked salmon salad, spicy chicken wings, a stout stew & two portions of fries, €30, it was fine but you wouldn't want to be in a rush, food took about 25mins to come after ordering, didn't seem overly busy either, wouldn't be in a mad rush back unless I had plenty of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

Had lunch in The Locke yesterday, a smoked salmon salad, spicy chicken wings, a stout stew & two portions of fries, €30, it was fine but you wouldn't want to be in a rush, food took about 25mins to come after ordering, didn't seem overly busy either, wouldn't be in a mad rush back unless I had plenty of time

I've found the Locke food to be totally underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Locke is the nearest thing we have to a Temple Bar tourist trap... drink is outrageously priced there (craft beers go for nearly €6.50)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Had food last week in the locke nothing good at all won't be going back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

leakyboots wrote: »
    Locke is the nearest thing we have to a Temple Bar tourist trap... drink is outrageously priced there (craft beers go for nearly €6.50)

Going slightly off topic, but I've found the drink there to be consistently poor too! Flat pints of lager and stout is nothing to write home about either. Most craft beers come in bottles so they're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lana in Raheen - had the crispy chili chicken in sweet chili sauce and the wife had Pad Thai. Both meals were nice and the rice was great too. Will probably be back again to try out the other dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Lana in Raheen - had the crispy chili chicken in sweet chili sauce and the wife had Pad Thai. Both meals were nice and the rice was great too. Will probably be back again to try out the other dishes.

Did you get your free ice-cream? I made a right mess, it came out way too fast.

I had the duck spring rolls and lamb rendang both very nice.
    Mains only €8 at lunch time!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Ive been to Lana Raheen three times now, a bit disappointed the last time, they mixed up our dishes at the table. I thought the table had a smell of a dirty dish cloth too and no napkins on the table or brought down with the dishes.

I would go back though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

How has The Treasury not gotten a mention for months? (went back 4 months and couldn't see anything)

Easily the best restaurant in the city at the moment IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

davo2001 wrote: »
    How has The Treasury not gotten a mention for months? (went back 4 months and couldn't see anything)

Because the regular boardie can't afford to eat there! :pac:

• Advertisement

zulutango wrote: »
    Because the regular boardie can't afford to eat there! :pac:

True, it is on the more expensive side but you get what you pay for IMO. They also do a very good set 3 course menu for €25 or €30 Mon-Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Anybody try Camile thai yet? Work colleagues have been in other branches and say the food is it out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I've had it in Dublin and it's pretty good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anyone want a €4 main course email for Camille Thai? Valid only today. I wont make it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭893bet

davo2001 wrote: »

Where is this?

It says o Connell street? What used to be where it is?

893bet wrote: »
    Where is this?

It's just off O Connell Street (on the corner), just across from where the Vic snooker hall used to be.

http://thetreasuryrestaurant.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

893bet wrote: »
    Where is this?

Market sq brasserie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭893bet

oleras wrote: »
    Market sq brasserie.

Ah! An old favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Anybody go to the Urban Food Fest last night?

Queues were massive so I only got to try a few of the stalls;

Da Vencenzo was a bit of a rip off imo, charging €3 for a tiny boat of charcuterie & the parma ham was mostly fat.

Coqbull was nice, had the buffolo wings and a chicken slider but they attracted the slowest moving queue of the night & we spent most of our time in it.

Kyoto ran out of food after we were 15min into the queue.

The Strand Hotel had some nice pulled pork mini-blas which was prob the nicest thing I sampled.

Overall, I enjoyed the evening but they could do with a few more stalls to accommodate the footfall (especially on the drink side!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Tim76 wrote: »
    Anybody go to the Urban Food Fest last night?

Queues were massive so I only got to try a few of the stalls;

Da Vencenzo was a bit of a rip off imo, charging €3 for a tiny boat of charcuterie & the parma ham was mostly fat.

Coqbull was nice, had the buffolo wings and a chicken slider but they attracted the slowest moving queue of the night & we spent most of our time in it.

Kyoto ran out of food after we were 15min into the queue.

The Strand Hotel had some nice pulled pork mini-blas which was prob the nicest thing I sampled.

Overall, I enjoyed the evening but they could do with a few more stalls to accommodate the footfall (especially on the drink side!)

**Thread on this already, lets keep it in there

Advertisement