Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Whats the new cafe in the old tourist office like Chez Le Fab?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

bigpink wrote: »

****e name anyways LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'm a regular there and really like it. It's lovely and spacious. Perfect spot to lounge around for a few hours. They don't rush you out the door and have a good range of drinks and yummy treats. They have a drinks licence now so you can even get a nice glass of vino there too.

Had a coffee in there today.its grand coffee tasted alright.nice idea just need to keep working on it

I can't wait to read bigpink's inevitably bitter and envious post wondering who they're connected to to have gotten that licence/criticising the people who frequent this establishment/criticising the prices/speculating about how soon it'll be til it's closed down.

Cornelius Crow attacking me not sure why

• Advertisement

I think you'll find no personal attack on you in my post, only a perfectly valid criticism of your posts.

You singled me out.Its a site with alot of its users giving opinions

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

You singled me out.Its a site with alot of its users giving opinions

I highlighted the fact that your posts are almost always negative and the tone is always very bitter. The rule on boards is to attack the post (which I've done) and not the poster (which I haven't done)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

If it's any consultation, I think both your posts are ridiculous. :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Treepole wrote: »
    Ruff says Rafferty

as he rubbed his arse with sandpaper

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I can't wait to read bigpink's inevitably bitter and envious post wondering who they're connected to to have gotten that licence/criticising the people who frequent this establishment/criticising the prices/speculating about how soon it'll be til it's closed down.

Dont worry - we'll soon see someone saying its not real authentic italian/chinese food etc. and only friends of the owners will get preferential treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mc Love wrote: »
    Dont worry - we'll soon see someone saying its not real authentic italian/chinese food etc. and only friends of the owners will get preferential treatment.

Maybe a personal friend of the owner will attempt to belittle anyone who dares criticise it.

Then we'll have somebody go crying to the mods and see bans handed out for innocent questions posed.

Come on folks we all need to stop fighting here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Has anyone been in Achari in Castletroy? Have seen a few people talking about it of facebook. Curious if it's worth a visit or not?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Could everyone take a step back from their keyboards, and go back to talkng about, Oh, I don't know, Restaurant's and Takeaways?

If this goes off topic again I'll be taking further action.

I've removed the most recent off topic stuff. Stay on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

The French Table

Due in at 6 (opening time) Saturday but no problems in welcoming us in early to mull over the menu and ask us if we'd like to have a drink.

Great friendly relaxed service.(from 3 waiters who knew when to approach and when to leave us alone, that's rare!). not on the hard sell even let me taste 2 wines when I couldn't make up my mind. ended up getting carafes of both anyway!)
    French fare all the way... although the escargots could have been a little more 'garlicky'.
    Got the cassoulet.. 3 good rustic fatty meats :pac: with great wines. Kind of regret not trying the steak.
    There was a set 3 course but nothing piqued my taste buds. Think it was €29.
    Starters were interesting at good price so I got 2! Missus got some garlic thing and the tartlet mains which she enjoyed.
    Mains I thought were a wee bit pricy.. but would I be back again? Yes.

Twas full when we left but stil had a relaxed convivial atmosphere...so book in advance.

Didn't find it a problem with street parking but was about 2 blocks up ... needed the walk after. I totally pigged out, but would have felt more stuffed and bloated after a chipper or Indian.

Great addition to Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    The French Table

Due in at 6 (opening time) Saturday but no problems in welcoming us in early to mull over the menu and ask us if we'd like to have a drink.

Great friendly relaxed service.(from 3 waiters who knew when to approach and when to leave us alone, that's rare!). not on the hard sell even let me taste 2 wines when I couldn't make up my mind. ended up getting carafes of both anyway!)
    French fare all the way... although the escargots could have been a little more 'garlicky'.
    Got the cassoulet.. 3 good rustic fatty meats :pac: with great wines. Kind of regret not trying the steak.
    Starters were interesting at good price so I got 2! Missus got some garlic thing and the tartlet mains which she enjoyed.

Twas full when we left but stil had a relaxed convivial atmosphere...so book in advance.

Didn't find it a problem with street parking but was about 2 blocks up ... needed the walk after. I totally pigged out, but would have felt more stuffed and bloated after a chipper or Indian.

The French Table have been doing it simply but very well for years now, lovely place to get a bit of grub, a very nice couple and well trained or selected staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭phog

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    The French Table

I was there again recently and couldn't fault it. Location is poor but they make up for with service & food.

I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Has anyone been in Achari in Castletroy? Have seen a few people talking about it of facebook. Curious if it's worth a visit or not?

I've gotten take away from there a couple of times and they're Always super friendly and the food is always fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Met a buddy for a spot of lunch yesterday in the green yard cafe, very good value, food was great, lovely coffee and left very impressed. Went back with my better half for a late breakfast of poached eggs, pudding and potato cake on sourdough bread. Ms Bond had pancakes and ms bonds sister had a full Irish. I DONT SAY THIS LIGHTLY, as I'm a fussy enough secret agent but it was definitely the BEST breakfast I've ever eaten out, not just in limerick but anywhere. The pancakes were fantastic allegedly and the full Irish was highly impressive. Service couldn't be faulted. All within walking distance of my place so it will be our new go to place I reckon! 3 brekies, 3 coffees, 2 teas and a fizzy water a very reasonable €38.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Met a buddy for a spot of lunch yesterday in the green yard cafe, very good value, food was great, lovely coffee and left very impressed. Went back with my better half for a late breakfast of poached eggs, pudding and potato cake on sourdough bread. Ms Bond had pancakes and ms bonds sister had a full Irish. I DONT SAY THIS LIGHTLY, as I'm a fussy enough secret agent but it was definitely the BEST breakfast I've ever eaten out, not just in limerick but anywhere. The pancakes were fantastic allegedly and the full Irish was highly impressive. Service couldn't be faulted. All within walking distance of my place so it will be our new go to place I reckon! 3 brekies, 3 coffees, 2 teas and a fizzy water a very reasonable €38.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Only been to the French table once, really enjoyed it but it never jumps to the front of my mind when thinking about going for a meal in town, only reason I can think of is location, must make an effort & get there again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Met a buddy for a spot of lunch yesterday in the green yard cafe

Where is this place?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

vkid wrote: »
    Where is this place?

Punch's Cross, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Went to House on Saturday with the missus and another couple for lunch. We had 2 young babies with us in car seats/prams and the staff were very accommodating. They brought us up to the wine area and moved some seating/tables around to make us comfortable. The food was gorgeous albeit a bit pricey. The women both had a cocktail, they cost €11 each but were very tasty. There was a long enough wait for the food but we kind of expected that when we saw how busy they were. All in all it was really nice even though it was pricey. Will definitely be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Ate here also for first time on Friday. It was fabulous. Was very impressed. Can't wait to go back. definitely worth a visit and lots of free parking

phog wrote: »
    I was there again recently and couldn't fault it. Location is poor but they make up for with service & food.

I'd highly recommend it.

I would agree about the location of Achari. The room is a bit shabby and there was very rowdy teenagers hangng out on the stairs. Apart from that they do a good value menu and the food was nice. Cheap and cheerful is how I would descrbe it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭phog

yogalady wrote: »
    I would agree about the location of Achari. The room is a bit shabby and there was very rowdy teenagers hangng out on the stairs. Apart from that they do a good value menu and the food was nice. Cheap and cheerful is how I would descrbe it

My post was in relation to The French Table

the location of Achari isnt great.The room is a bit shabby and there was very rowdy teenagers hanging out on the stairs. Apart from that they do a good value menu and the food was nice. Cheap and cheerful is how I would describe it

• Advertisement

yogalady wrote: »
    the location of Achari isnt great.The room is a bit shabby and there was very rowdy teenagers hanging out on the stairs. Apart from that they do a good value menu and the food was nice. Cheap and cheerful is how I would describe it

Prob grand so.rowdy teenagers is a middke class problem.

I think I've been clear on this. Off topic comments are not needed. One week ban from forum.

Mark

Advertisement