Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

testicles wrote: »
    Any recommendations for valentine's day? City or Adare direction would be good.

1826 in Adare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I think Brimstone is one of the best restaurants in Limerick. Their steaks are unreal and they are after adding a fish restaurant down stairs. It would be a good spot for a romantic night out. I couldn't fault the place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I think Brimstone is one of the best restaurants in Limerick.

Really? I've been their 3 times and was disappointed each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Anyone ever been to 1826 Adare? Thinking about taking the missus there for Valentine's Day/Hallmark Holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Tim76 wrote: »
    Anyone ever been to 1826 Adare? Thinking about taking the missus there for Valentine's Day/Hallmark Holiday

I've been twice. It was nice, but that was it, just 'nice'. Food was fine, but I'd heard such good things about it that I was expecting to be blown away. It's perfectly adequate, but for the price and if you're looking for something a bit special, I wouldn't be too pushed.

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    Really? I've been their 3 times and was disappointed each time.
    I couldn't fault the place

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

Tim76,

Another option would be the Wild Geese right beside 1826.

I found the food and service superb

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Strettie11 wrote: »
    Tim76,

Another option would be the Wild Geese right beside 1826.

I found the food and service superb

1826 is streets ahead of the Wild Geese for the same money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

I think Brimstone is one of the best restaurants in Limerick. Their steaks are unreal and they are after adding a fish restaurant down stairs. It would be a good spot for a romantic night out. I couldn't fault the place

You're the first person I've ever heard say anything approaching positive about the place, cocktails aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

Tim76 wrote: »

Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

• Advertisement

Paudee wrote: »
    You're the first person I've ever heard say anything approaching positive about the place, cocktails aside.

I have no connection with Brimstone but I have to say I have been there 3 maybe 4 times and I couldn't fault the place the steak was done the way I liked it. There spare ribs are some of the best I have eaten in Limerick. Maybe I'm just easy to please. But I do like my food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I've only eaten there once, but I thought Brimstone was excellent :O

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone in town do beef ribs rather than pork ribs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've been twice. It was nice, but that was it, just 'nice'. Food was fine, but I'd heard such good things about it that I was expecting to be blown away. It's perfectly adequate, but for the price and if you're looking for something a bit special, I wouldn't be too pushed.

I'd be in complete disagreement here, sorry. 1826 is an outstanding restaurant, far and away the best in county Limerick, it's not even that expensive to be honest, as someone else said the Wild Geese next door charges the same for dated food in a stuffy atmosphere.
    @Tim76 if you are lucky enough to get a table in 1826 on Valentine's night take it now, otherwise make it your business to treat your good lady to it some other evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

You'd want to have it booked since 1826 I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Was in Freddy's tonight.

Twas grand.

Service was super quick...They knew when to come over and when not to. Food was fine but I can't REALLY comment as I went for a burger and chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Went to House for the first time last night and was seriously impressed with the decor and service, the food was also top class and reasonably priced for what we got. Dear Leader wants to back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

You'd want to have it booked since 1826 I'd say...

Booked at 18:26 last Wednesday ;)

Got a table for 2 no prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Went to The Buttery for breakfast yesterday morning.

It was packed. Server was friendly and everything. Selections of drinks were great. Breakfast was okay.. pudding and sausage were cold and the tomatoes were raw, just the skin had been charred a bit.

It was expensive for breakfast too but their bread was delicious and the service was nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not technically Limerick but close enough. Went to Gallaghers in Bunratty yesterday and the food was amazing. Had Tomato and Roasted red pepper soup, and Trio of Cod for mains and ice-cream for dessert. The food was so fresh and flavoursome. Service was very good too, considering how busy they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Went to the green yard cafe again this weekend. Very nice but my sourdough toast was defo not sourdough. My colleague went on my recommendation on Saturday for lunch and was very impressed.

Went to the green yard cafe again this weekend. Very nice but my sourdough toast was defo not sourdough. My colleague went on my recommendation on Saturday for lunch and was very impressed.

I was in there yesterday as well, had a really good brisket sandwich and nice chips, one of the kids had poached eggs with sourdough bread (toasted) which was definitely sourdough, maybe they had run out for you? (I which case you should have been told as they really push that it's sourdough on the menu)

I really like this place, it's very convenient to my house which helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I was in there yesterday as well, had a really good brisket sandwich and nice chips, one of the kids had poached eggs with sourdough bread (toasted) which was definitely sourdough, maybe they had run out for you? (I which case you should have been told as they really push that it's sourdough on the menu)

I really like this place, it's very convenient to my house which helps.

Howdy neighbour!! Ya I reckon they must have run out alright. The poached eggs with black pudding is just super!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'm liking the sound of this place! Looks "more than i expected" too from their facebook. Must check it out!

I'm liking the sound of this place! Looks "more than i expected" too from their facebook. Must check it out!

Definitely worth checking out, the breakfast/brunch menu is excellent, they do an outstanding burger and really good sandwiches and usually 3 really nice bistro style specials. I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I'm hearing that the Treasury has closed down? Can anyone shed light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm hearing that the Treasury has closed down? Can anyone shed light on this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057702760

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

bazz26 wrote: »

Thanks, I only follow this thread on the Limerick forum so I missed this!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Where do people park when going to the green yard cafe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Where do people park when going to the green yard cafe?

There's a car park around the back, behind the houses on New street.
    Another positive vote for the Green yard (and howdy neighbours). My other half was there at about half nine this morning and it was busy so it seems they're doing well so far.

Advertisement