Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Hi folks, for the next 2 weeks I'm going to be in the city centre around 7am each morning. I'm wondering if there's an early opening restaurant and/or cafe around that time. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hi folks, for the next 2 weeks I'm going to be in the city centre around 7am each morning. I'm wondering if there's an early opening restaurant and/or cafe around that time. Thanks

Starbucks in the station opens around 7 and on Thomas St opens early too but I'm not sure if it opens at 7

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

7c13a7ba14f50368d4212fc00e0d17bd.png

bea7ca08e7d524aa01479e49ba800633.png

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Lovely stuff, folks, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

Anyone tried that freshii place yet? Thoughts? Another commercial chain with sub standard food or good food? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

shanmo wrote: »
    Anyone tried that freshii place yet? Thoughts? Another commercial chain with sub standard food or good food? Thanks.

Is it a major chain? Or a franchise

bigpink wrote: »
    Is it a major chain? Or a franchise

Sorry I think it's a franchise. Still follows a formula etc though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

We just had a great meal in Azur. There were four of us, each had a different meal, and each one was excellent, well cooked with good ingredients. I keep forgetting about this place when trying to recommend a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Louche Lad wrote: »
    We just had a great meal in Azur. There were four of us, each had a different meal, and each one was excellent, well cooked with good ingredients. I keep forgetting about this place when trying to recommend a restaurant.

Been there myself and just like you, had the same experience

Is it a seafood place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

bigpink wrote: »
    Is it a seafood place?
    No. There was just one seafood dish — hake — on the lunch special menu.

Edit: maybe there was another seafood dish as well, can't remember, but mostly it was meat.

Louche Lad wrote: »
    No. There was just one seafood dish — hake — on the lunch special menu.

Edit: maybe there was another seafood dish as well, can't remember, but mostly it was meat.

For some reason thought it was seafood or use it be alot of fish etc before few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Azur when it was up on O Connell Street was primarily seafood but it's a different owner now

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Heuston14

Hi guys,
    Any recommendations for a nice take out (preferably Chinese) near enough to the Maldron Hotel please? Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chinese Palace in the Roxoboro Shopping Centre across the road from the Maldron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Kaya on O'Connell Street has changed to a Lana (same owners). Disappointing as it was a much nicer place than Lana with a good menu.

Kaya on O'Connell Street has changed to a Lana (same owners). Disappointing as it was a much nicer place than Lana with a good menu.

I saw this but haven't had a chance to get in yet! I was hoping it was just a name change and that they would have kept the same menu.
    Disappointing to hear, the Kaya menu offered so much more.
    Poor move in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Gutted about this myself. Lana is far poorer fare, despite the shared ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

AlanOB wrote: »
    Gutted about this myself. Lana is far poorer fare, despite the shared ownership.

It's the exact same, always was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

No it's not. The Nasi Goreng in Kaya was much better and if you don't believe me just look at their Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

When Kaya was still Kaya it was a lot nicer than Lana (Castletroy at least). I haven't been back since they rebranded though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lana is great for one thing. The box of chicken and a beer for €10. Squirt sirrachia sauce all over it.

Job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Went to Ramen last night, very busy in there. Had the chicken pad thai and it was very nice. OH had a huge kids portion of Singapore chicken noodles and was very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mc Love wrote: »
    Went to Ramen last night, very busy in there. Had the chicken pad thai and it was very nice. OH had a huge kids portion of Singapore chicken noodles and was very impressed.

Where are they in Limerick, been to Ramen in Cork a few times and like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

phog wrote: »

The crescent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

phog wrote: »

Looks like its the ex Spur/Del Arte/Sorrento unit from the online photo and a vague memory of somebody here mentioning that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Looks like its the ex Spur/Del Arte/Sorrento unit from the online photo and a vague memory of somebody here mentioning that.

What's the story with that unit, always seems to be changing hands...you would have thought that there would be plenty of demand for a decent restaurant in the crescent. Then again, maybe none of the above mentioned qualified as a decent restaurant...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The pizza place is still upstairs...Ramen taking up the entire ground floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Pacifico wrote: »
    The pizza place is still upstairs...Ramen taking up the entire ground floor

I'm imagining an improbable italian/asian showdown each time a customer wanders in the common door.

• Advertisement

It has 2 floors?

Advertisement