Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Limerick_MH

h3000 wrote: »
    Again a bit out of town but the best chipper has to be McAris in Newtown, Annacotty.

Good for fish n chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just out of Spice of India after an early bird. Had never been before but will definitely go back again. Very tasty. Poppadoms, starters, mains with rice/naan and desert or tea/coffee for €18.95.
    Generous portions and all very fresh. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Just out of Spice of India after an early bird. Had never been before but will definitely go back again. Very tasty. Poppadoms, starters, mains with rice/naan and desert or tea/coffee for €18.95.

I agree, been there a few times now and I like it a lot. They don’t hold back on the spice either on the ones that are marked spicy, unlike other places I’ve been

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Got the same deal myself last week

Very impressed, as always. Spice has surpassed the Mogul, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Went to Zo Zabb after reading the positive reviews here, had a great meal. Very generous portions, and the service was exceptional. Only fault would be the lack of variety on the mains in the set-menu. It's a shame to see it almost empty, hopefully it picks up.

Just got a take away from here and it was really nice and the portions were big too. Will be going back again for sure - thanks for the tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Went to Azur a few nights ago, nice food, a bit different to some of the other offerings in the city. Always one I wanted to tick off the list of places I never tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Was going to try the new Speedo Pizza on Edward Street but I got lazy and resorted to the reliable Luigi's :D Will try and get there soon.
    Went to Speedo Pizza on Monday of last week, large meatfest pizza (Pepperoni, Ham and Lamb Doner), two dips and a bottle of water for €8.50.
    A good spot in fairness and I would go back although I was waiting a fair while considering it was about 1:30AM and there was nobody else queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I was waiting a fair while considering it was about 1:30AM and there was nobody else queuing.

It takes time for the special sauce at that hour of the morning/night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Got take away from Zozab based on reviews here. Was only alright imo. Skewers were dry and only a tiny portion of sauce. Main was only ok. Spice level was nowhere near King Thai,. Might try again but didn't think it was great at all tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Luigi’s opposite Colbert Station as well.

But depending on the time of day...

What's the best time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

Anybody try the new Chinese Take Away in Ballinacurra where the Indian Take Away used to be?? Looked very busy this evening

ciog52 wrote: »
    Anybody try the new Chinese Take Away in Ballinacurra where the Indian Take Away used to be?? Looked very busy this evening

Any idea who owns that actually? I heard the Tsang family own it but that was from a taxi driver so...

ciog52 wrote: »

Yay, another chinese :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

It's billed, overhead the door, as Asian Street Food, Noodles To Go , and Fish and Chip Shop .

jonski wrote: »
    It's billed, overhead the door, as Asian Street Food, Noodles To Go , and Fish and Chip Shop .

Best not to spread yourself too thin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

jonski wrote: »

I live nearby and was racking my brains about what might work there. They were all ideas but I didn't think all three together as one entity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I live nearby and was racking my brains about what might work there. They were all ideas but I didn't think all three together as one entity.

I live quite nearby as well, I thought a proper chipper would have been a winner there, I wouldn’t eat chipper food much but there’s nowhere o go around here that you’d arrive home with still piping hot chips

I live quite nearby as well, I thought a proper chipper would have been a winner there, I wouldn’t eat chipper food much but there’s nowhere o go around here that you’d arrive home with still piping hot chips

It crossed my mind to open one if I'm honest but not with the chipper in the shop next door already there.

It crossed my mind to open one if I'm honest but not with the chipper in the shop next door already there.

Is there actually many getting the chips there? From what I’ve seen it’s mainly people getting rolls (myself included).

Surely one would go for the proper chips over soggy chips from a shop.

Is there actually many getting the chips there? From what I’ve seen it’s mainly people getting rolls (myself included).

Surely one would go for the proper chips over soggy chips from a shop.

I've gotten chipper food in there a few times and to be fair they tip away especially with deliveries. Kebabs are decent enough as are the pizzas and chips are good enough.

• Advertisement

Got dinner in Wok To Go in Ballinacurra tonight as my other half is away. I won't slate it as it was nice but I thought it was like a Lana or ramen style asian place. I thought wrong, more like a traditional chinese like wok king or zweton.

Got dinner in Wok To Go in Ballinacurra tonight as my other half is away. I won't slate it as it was nice but I thought it was like a Lana or ramen style asian place. I thought wrong, more like a traditional chinese like wok king or zweton.

Know couple of people who tried this place and thought it was lovely. Is it the same crowd as Wok to Go in Arthurs Quay?

Not a big fan of buffet places in general, but it was p!ssing rain and passing so tried that buffet place on Bedford row and thought it was pretty decent tbh. Good selection of starters and mains, and they were refreshing the dishes regularly so they weren't sitting there all evening. Would go back again. Staff were lovely as well, and it was busy enough.

A lot better than anything I tried in that spot before.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Mexican food dudes.... anybody ventured here yet.

pajoguy wrote: »
    Mexican food dudes.... anybody ventured here yet.

Coincidentally, I got a takeaway tonight, got the Enchilada, it wasn’t bad.

Steer clear of the burrito, it’s dry and this not great.

If you’re looking for it to be on par for what you will get in Mexico or the US, you’re gonna be disappointed

Steer clear of the burrito

Totally agree. Had the burrito and it was rank. Limerick needs a Boojum, Bad Ass is the best in town at the mo but it's too hit & miss

Found the food in MFD seriously bland and thats not what Mexican food should be.
    We were the only people in the place the same night..

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I’d eat out of Cantina before MFD or Badass. If I’m going to be eating just ok Mexican food it might as well be cheap like Cantina. Can’t wait to try Boojum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I’d eat out of Cantina before MFD or Badass. If I’m going to be eating just ok Mexican food it might as well be cheap like Cantina. Can’t wait to try Boojum though.

Cantina isn’t cheap, much the same as badass, it’s not to bad either
    I’ll give boojum an occasional whirl but I’m firmly in the badass camp, her pork is the decider

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭limerickabroad

Anybody been to The Tap House (Annacotty) since it changed from O'Connell's recently? Used to really like O'Connell's for grub, hope they have done a good job . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Anybody been to The Tap House (Annacotty) since it changed from O'Connell's recently? Used to really like O'Connell's for grub, hope they have done a good job . . .
    Went for lunch the other day and it was nice. They have got rid of the carvery though which makes getting something to eat during your lunch break a bit tight time wise.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement