Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

They are runnimg a place in Mallow now. My pal lives there and raves about their new spot.

Name and fame

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Tim76 wrote: »
    Name and fame

Khao in Mallow. Number 1 on tripadvisor in Mallow.

Gave The Westward Ho a spin this evening for our dinner. It is basically a Curragower outpost with the favourites from their menu in town. I had mussells with sourdough, herself had the burger which was delicious. The mussells were good and I love sourdough so win win. Only thing was they come in a pot in the CG but came served in a bowl meaning they were going cold by the time I got them. I am being particualrly nitpicky here though, JBJ will return. Decor and atmosphere were top notch, next time I'll be getting her to drive for a taste of what looked like some nice porter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Has anyone tried the volcano place for wings yet?

I'm over 10 years in Limerick and I finally got around to trying the mogul emperor. Well all I'll say is I have missed out for those 10 years. Absolutely fantastic food, if a little pricey. Beats the hell out of an MSG loaded chinese anyday of the week. I was very impressed with the sheer variety of food on offer and even if you dont like spice there was plenty to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I'm over 10 years in Limerick and I finally got around to trying the mogul emperor. Well all I'll say is I have missed out for those 10 years. Absolutely fantastic food, if a little pricey. Beats the hell out of an MSG loaded chinese anyday of the week. I was very impressed with the sheer variety of food on offer and even if you dont like spice there was plenty to choose from.

Yeah, really like the Mogul, don't understand why they don't spruce the place up a bit, it really could be a fantastic place, got a vindaloo in there once, family were in hysterics looking at me with the sweat pumping out of me despite five pints of water, stick to their Madras now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

We are thinking of getting a takeaway as we've had SOI before and its was very nice but I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Mogul

Mc Love wrote: »
    We are thinking of getting a takeaway as we've had SOI before and its was very nice but I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Mogul

They deliver too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah, really like the Mogul, don't understand why they don't spruce the place up a bit, it really could be a fantastic place, got a vindaloo in there once, family were in hysterics looking at me with the sweat pumping out of me despite five pints of water, stick to their Madras now

It's spruced up beyond recognition to when I lived in Limerick previously about 7 years ago.

I quite like the dining room as it is currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Leonita

They deliver too

Oh how do you get delivery from there? I never knew that and wouldn't mind getting a delivery from there over the NY period. They don't seem to appear on any of the delivery websites!

• Advertisement

leo78 wrote: »
    Oh how do you get delivery from there? I never knew that and wouldn't mind getting a delivery from there over the NY period. They don't seem to appear on any of the delivery websites!

Call them on the phone, tell them you want to order food for delivery, pay cash on delivery, that's all we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Leonita

Call them on the phone, tell them you want to order food for delivery, pay cash on delivery, that's all we do.

Ah that would make sense! Maybe it sounded like a stupid question. Its a pity they are not on any online delivery sites though would make life a lot easier. Do they charge for delivery?

leo78 wrote: »
    Ah that would make sense! Maybe it sounded like a stupid question. Its a pity they are not on any online delivery sites though would make life a lot easier. Do they charge for delivery?

Not 100% sure, they may add a couple of euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Is there a menu online? Can;t find one

Is there a menu online? Can;t find one

Never actually looked before but found this quite quickly, click the menu tab

https://mobile.menupages.ie/limerick/limerick_central/limerick_city/mogul_emperor/reviews/

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

family were in hysterics looking at me with the sweat pumping out of me despite five pints of water, stick to their Madras now

Not to sound like a no all but the worst thing you can do is drink water to “cure” a hot curry!

Grin and bare it and individually your mouth will acclimatise (provided you’re some bit okay with spicy food)

Not to sound like a no all but the worst thing you can do is drink water to “cure” a hot curry!

Grin and bare it and individually your mouth will acclimatise (provided you’re some bit okay with spicy food)

Actually, what I found & not sure exactly what it is but they, with their takeaways & also on their tables supply what I believe is an onion dish, could be wrong but it completely relieves the excessive hotness & I'm fine with spicy food

A week later and ms moneypenny and I are still raving about mogul emperor.

We went for a spin yesterday and ended up in Nevilles out past Adare. It was jam packed but we got a table easy enough. Only went for a starter each and a portion of chips but it was very nice. Don't know would we make the trip out especially for it but it was good enough to go back. I have a classic/summer car that we love to take off on a nice sunny days (not an Aston sadly) and I can see us tipping out there as it is a lovely drive out.

A week later and ms moneypenny and I are still raving about mogul emperor.

We went for a spin yesterday and ended up in Nevilles out past Adare. It was jam packed but we got a table easy enough. Only went for a starter each and a portion of chips but it was very nice. Don't know would we make the trip out especially for it but it was good enough to go back. I have a classic/summer car that we love to take off on a nice sunny days (not an Aston sadly) and I can see us tipping out there as it is a lovely drive out.

Very popular spot is Nevilles despite it kinda being in the middle of nowhere.

Very popular spot is Nevilles despite it kinda being in the middle of nowhere.

I'll bring you out one day in said car so SG! Long time promising..

• Advertisement

I'll bring you out one day in said car so SG! Long time promising..

I'll hold you to that! Can I drive? :pac:

I'll hold you to that! Can I drive? :pac:

She will be back out on the 1st of June, counting down the minutes. You can drive as far as greenfields!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Milk is actually your best bet to relive chilli burn. The dairy fats negate the heat. Water as you said is no good to you

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Yeah I love the Mogul. Unfortunately the butter chicken is so good that it is hard to try anything else...
    FYI takeout is cheaper there than sitting in. Something like 10 vs 12 euro (plus free rice with takeout). On the flipside eating in they give you a starter tray, poppadom + sauces, for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

tototoe wrote: »
    Milk is actually your best bet to relive chilli burn. The dairy fats negate the heat. Water as you said is no good to you

Some Indian restaurants will have a yoghurt drink on the menu. Great for releaving the chilli burn :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Went to the Mogul tonight for the first time based on this thread.

My god, it's a hidden gem. I can't believe I walked past this place for nigh on 20 years without ever giving it a try.

Will be back for more really soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Some Indian restaurants will have a yoghurt drink on the menu. Great for releaving the chilli burn :-)

A portion of Riata is good to cool down the hotter curries. Mogul is a fantastic Indian. The outside is not anything to write home about but it certainly is the best Indian I have had in town.

Anyone been to Volcano Wings yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Anyone been to Volcano Wings yet?

Nope, but hoping to get in there this weekend - will report back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Any word on an opening date in Boojum? Seems to be taking forever!

Advertisement