Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There was an Italian restaurant just off the Dock Road and it had the most amazing pizza I'd ever tasted full stop and I only got to try it twice before it closed down, 1st for refurbishments then it just never reopened I can't remember the name of it now , but it was around the corner from Limerick 95 offices

I think that was Casa Nostra. They were class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That's the one , They had the best pizza by far in Limerick , Proper Italian stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Did a bit of googling there and now there in Headford in Galway will be making a trip I guess some day

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Still a bit perplexed as to why Papa's is rated so highly. A frozen goodfellas pizza would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Still a bit perplexed as to why Papa's is rated so highly. A frozen goodfellas pizza would be better

Go away outta that, it’s not outstanding pizza but it’s very decent, Papaz in general is a fine spot to get a bit of grub, very pleasant staff as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm not a fan of Galway in general but I got a pizza in dough bros last year and it was the nicest pizza I've ever tasted, any in the States included.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Go away outta that, it’s not outstanding pizza but it’s very decent, Papaz in general is a fine spot to get a bit of grub, very pleasant staff as well

well there is Papa Ginos & Papaz. think munsterdevil is referring to Papa Ginos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

damowill wrote: »
    well there is Papa Ginos & Papaz. think munsterdevil is referring to Papa Ginos

Oh God, my apologies, Papa Gino’s is indeed dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Anybody ever order from Freda's out in Moyross? One of the lads in work keeps raving about it, even so far as calling it the best chipper in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Tim76 wrote: »
    Anybody ever order from Freda's out in Moyross? One of the lads in work keeps raving about it, even so far as calling it the best chipper in Limerick

Yeah I'm a big fan of Freda's. Can't beat a good old fashioned snack box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

From my Mary I days the best chipper in Limerick was hands down, was Luigi's, across from the train station.

And to my surprise at the time the Yellow Road just up the way towards Wolfe Tone St wasn't bad at all!! I think that one is long gone now though.

From my Mary I days the best chipper in Limerick was hands down, was Luigi's, across from the train station.

And to my surprise at the time the Yellow Road just up the way towards Wolfe Tone St wasn't bad at all!! I think that one is long gone now though.

The Yellow Road was decent but long gone now as you said.

I used to be a big fan of Luigi's but now the Golden Grill on William St. is my favorite for chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Enzo's or Luigi's for me when it comes to chippers. Though Tony's in Raheen is good too. Very consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Enzo's or Luigi's for me when it comes to chippers. Though Tony's in Raheen is good too. Very consistent.

Tony's is consistent. Last few times I've been to Luigi's i wasnt impressed.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Tony's is consistent. Last few times I've been to Luigi's i wasnt impressed.

I haven't been in Luigi's in a while to be honest. If I'm in town and getting chips, I generally tend to go to Enzo's. I think it's just location really.
    Luigi does lovely garlic sauce though.

I haven't been in Luigi's in a while to be honest. If I'm in town and getting chips, I generally tend to go to Enzo's. I think it's just location really.
    Luigi does lovely garlic sauce though.

Yeah if i was in town, it would have to be Enzo's, its a pain getting parking for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Yeah if i was in town, it would have to be Enzo's, its a pain getting parking for it though.

On William St? Sure just abandon the car wherever you like, everyone else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

On William St? Sure just abandon the car wherever you like, everyone else does.

I drove up William st. this week. I counted 9 vehicles abandoned in the right lane. Toyota Avensis' and VW passats were the most common ones that were not "travelling". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I drove up William st. this week. I counted 9 vehicles abandoned in the right lane. Toyota Avensis' and VW passats were the most common ones that were not "travelling". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Those toyota avensis are funnily enough the one they most drive, and I'm not sure why

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Don't visit the chippers as much now as I did in previous years, with all the health warnings etc, but got an urge a few nights back for a sausage & chip and headed straight into Luigi's.

Pleased to report the chips were excellent - as I recall they always were - and those two big plain sausages were to die for.
    Great treat once in a while.

• Advertisement

Those toyota avensis are funnily enough the one they most drive, and I'm not sure why

They're consistent. Just like Tony's.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

+1 for the chips at the Golden Grill on William St. A close second is Luigi’s across from the station

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Tried the new Ramen at Ivans on Friday night. Have to say it was slightly disappointing. Seemed to be a lot of sauce and veg and not much meat. The rice was also quite dry and stuck together.
    Certainly doesn't beat Lana for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Skuxx wrote: »
    Tried the new Ramen at Ivans on Friday night. Have to say it was slightly disappointing. Seemed to be a lot of sauce and veg and not much meat. The rice was also quite dry and stuck together.

Ramen in the shopping centre is no great shakes in my opinion. Lana is good but nowhere near as good as Camile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Coqbull have really improved since the new menu was launched. I wasn't a big fan and considered it over priced, but the last meal I had there was outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I had the same experience in the Crescent, plenty sauce and veg and not a lot of meat. 3 small pieces of chicken to be exact. That was about 2 weeks after it opened but I have not been back since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Got takeaway from there Saturday. Thought it was nice enough, portions are huge. The Lana in O'Connell Street is nice but the one in casltetroy is terrible imo.

The best street food I've had recently was mi street food in Ennis. Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tototoe wrote: »
    Got takeaway from there Saturday. Thought it was nice enough, portions are huge. The Lana in O'Connell Street is nice but the one in casltetroy is terrible imo.

The best street food I've had recently was mi street food in Ennis. Delish.
    I really didn't like Ramen when I was there. If I'm getting a takeaway from Lana I will actually drive to Raheen rather than Castletroy. Raheen is an extra 20ish km round trip drive to me.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Ramen is ****e. Scroungy with the meat.

• Advertisement

Was in The Cornstore over the weekend. It was lovely, but God they're getting more and more expensive everytime I go in.

Advertisement