Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M&S Lunch

• 07-03-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

Saw a poster in the window of Marks & Spencers in Blanchardstown today advertising:

Sandwich + drink + crisps for 2.75.

Now I'm pretty sure its from a restricted range, but still a bargain!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

They've been doing this for a while now I think, I know I got the same deal two weeks ago...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

its not great really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I think its a good deal... Mind u, it'd be a better deal if u didn't have to drive to a shopping center to get it.. Compared to garage prices its good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

the sambos on over are gross.. imo

i do not like egg and watercress sambos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Bit of a bump for anyone who doesn't know about this. Seems to be on every day now, although they don't always advertise it well. But there's usually a sign around the shelf where they normally have the lunch sandwiches. Not a huge variety, but cheap.

Also, I could be wrong on this, but they seem to have marked the individual items so they total 2.75 (as opposed to them totalling say €5 and you getting 2.25 off). So if you only want a sandwich and a drink, you can get it for about €2.40. Or presumably the sandwich on its own for about €1.80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭TM

MOH wrote: »
    Also, I could be wrong on this, but they seem to have marked the individual items so they total 2.75 (as opposed to them totalling say €5 and you getting 2.25 off). So if you only want a sandwich and a drink, you can get it for about €2.40. Or presumably the sandwich on its own for about €1.80.
    I don't think so. M&S crisps are definitely not €0.35 and I don't ever recall seeing a sambo for €1.80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

TM wrote: »
    I don't think so. M&S crisps are definitely not €0.35 and I don't ever recall seeing a sambo for €1.80.

I'm talking about the limited selection that falls under the 'lunch for 2.75' offer.
    I got the drink and sandwich only on Monday, since there were no crisps that I could find that came under the offer, as was charged 2.40ish.
    I'll probably be in later this week for a sandwich only, so I'll check then.

[edit]
    Shelf edge labels for the sandwiches in the promote vary from 1.60 (ham+mayo) to about 2.00 (salmon).
    Diet orange 500ml shelf label showed 0.90. Couldn't find one for the crisps.

My receipt shows the sandwich at 1.59 for some odd reason (saved a cent!), orange at 0.90, and crisps at 1.00 for a total of 3.49, discounted to 2.75.

So I was wrong about the items being priced to total 2.75 - but you can still get a sandwich on it's own from 1.60, which isn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

It is far cheaper than ones out of petrol stations and such. Plus the ham ones are quite nice.

Advertisement