Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Thread Update (and Lunch/Sandwich/Coffee Request)

Options
  • 07-03-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

The sticky at the top of the forum has been updated with the recent takeaway recommendations I asked for a few weeks ago. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Please post to that thread if you want to make a restaurant or takeaway recommendation. Any OT comments will be deleted to keep the thread clean.

Next project:

Best sandwich/lunch/coffee places in Limerick.... please post below with recommendations (add some comments about why you like them too)

I'll compile all comments and add them to the sticky at the top.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

French's, Catherine Street
    * Arguably the best coffee in Limerick.
    * Bags of fresh coffee can be bought in beans or they grind it on premises (good stuff too, none of your starbucks rubbish)

Delish, Castletroy
    * Lives up to its name. Great sandwichs, salads and coffees. Probably the upper end of the lunch price scale though..... Very busy.

La Cucina, Castletroy
    * Nice ciabattas, pizza, pasta and salads, can be eaten there (seating for about 12!) or taken away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Sage Better Coffee than frenches :P and fantastic cesaer salad

Value bagel factory bacon eggworks and latte for 5.50

Turkuaz kebab for lunch always good

Wild Onion on high street great large lunches rocket fuel coffe and yummy cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Where is Sage, sioda?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Mr E wrote: »
    Where is Sage, sioda?

Across from Frenchs. I have to agree coffee is way nicer in Sage. They have very good coffee beans but they canot serve you a decent coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Used to be joe walshes menswear on catherine street.

Glen tavern on glentworth street do a fantastic lunch great pub grub curry chicken kiev keeps you going for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Domino's Pizza (Castletroy):
    Lunch special with drink of choice is only 6.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Smyths Bar - Carvery. Very nice carvery and the menu changes daliy. Main courses €10.90. Although the veg can be a bit bland at times.

Z-we-ton - Lunch menu €10.50 includes main course and soup starter. Good for occassional lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

the nicest place for coffee is tons of fun.. their mocha's are the best.. i wish we had a starbucks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

soup and a sandwich in the sandwich shop thomas street is tasty and great value!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

RINO87 wrote: »
    soup and a sandwich in the sandwich shop thomas street is tasty and great value!!

I'll second that.

I spotted a place yesterday on Henry St just across from Elverys that are offering any sambo, any drink plus crisps for a Fiver. Can't remember the name but it's just beside Jack Fitzgeralds Electrical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I'll second that.

I spotted a place yesterday on Henry St just across from Elverys that are offering any sambo, any drink plus crisps for a Fiver. Can't remember the name but it's just beside Jack Fitzgeralds Electrical.

Sounds like Jaffa's. Tasty grub in there alright.

RINO87 wrote: »

Don't want to argue over it, but I've eaten in the sandwich shop three times and left disappointed everytime. I found the sandwiches and wraps a bit bland and poorly prepared.

Luigi Malones - €10.90 for lunch and a soft drink. A wide ranging menu to choose from, including pastas, pizzas and baguettes. Service can be a bit slow at times but I've always found the food good.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Don't want to argue over it, but I've eaten in the sandwich shop three times and left disappointed everytime. I found the sandwiches and wraps a bit bland and poorly prepared.

Wouldn't dream of arguing, it's all about opinions and tastes. I like that place, you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Luigi Malones - €10.90 for lunch and a soft drink. A wide ranging menu to choose from, including pastas, pizzas and baguettes. Service can be a bit slow at times but I've always found the food good.

Not sure about the lunch menu but the dinner menu is definately not wide ranging. I've been there a good few times for an evening meal and the menu has been the extact same everytime. Stopped going there in the end as we were sick of the same things.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Not sure about the lunch menu but the dinner menu is definately not wide ranging. I've been there a good few times for an evening meal and the menu has been the extact same everytime. Stopped going there in the end as we were sick of the same things.

For a lunch menu it is fairly wide ranging, you have a choice of approx 20 dishes, for most lunch menus you would only have 5 or 6.

The Texas Steak Out do lunch for about the €10 mark as well but have only ever found it average.

New place on Denmark St next to BB's and Zweton called Bruchetta, used to be a womens clothes shop. Had a bit to eat there earlier and it's very nice, all Italian stuff and salads priced between 4 and 9 Euro, pizza available by the slice and only 2.50 for a hot chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

New place on Denmark St next to BB's and Zweton called Bruchetta, used to be a womens clothes shop. Had a bit to eat there earlier and it's very nice, all Italian stuff and salads priced between 4 and 9 Euro, pizza available by the slice and only 2.50 for a hot chocolate.

sounds great!
    I'll try it today

[update]

:O got a slice of pizza there today...yum. :D

I was in Limerick on Tuesday and went in there, it was quiet at the time and I'd say it was it's first day open but the food was very good. A great addition to the city centre lunch time scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cathyb03

that's great news, i think this sort of resturant/deli is much needed. I am always looking for somewhere to have a quick slice of pizza or a nice cup of coffee so will definitely check it out.I also noticed that there is a new coffee shop replacing the carlton coffee shop on shannon st called arabacia or something like that, don't know if its open yet but encouraging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

I went to that new Chocolat cafe/restaraunt on oconnell street on saturday, the burgers there were excellent! 6.50 for a Big REAL burger, 6.75 i think for a bacon and cheese one. Its up by timberland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

The Corner Flag, Henry St/Alphonsus St. A soup and a sandwich with side salad for a fiver, can't argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

DBIreland wrote: »
    Sounds like Jaffa's. Tasty grub in there alright.
    If you like your food swimming in grease Jaffa's is the place for you

Advertisement