Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Markdown?

Options
  • 07-03-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

Anyone using this in their homegrown CMS? I'm leaning towards using it along with a standard textarea in my next CMS because it's going to be used by people who have a fair understanding and I think will be happy to not have to press a button to get bold text. I've read around about it, and once you get used to it, it's a piece of piddle, but a lot of people are saying that it's just another set of rules and code for people to learn.

What say you? Should I stick with my TinyMCE wysiwyg editor for now?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Look at the way it's implemented on stackoverflow.com. It's a pretty good example of markdown used well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, it was through StackOverflow that I found Markdown to begin with. My thoughts on that are that StackOverflow is mostly used by developers who don't mind using * and ** instead of clicking a button to get emphasis, but I wonder how it sits with 'normal' non-computery folk.

Advertisement