Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I bought a 360 :)

• 08-03-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Last weekend I posted a thread asking if €250 in Game for an elite with Halo 3 was a good deal and the replies were fairly positive. Today I went shopping.

60 GB Pro 360
    with
    Halo 3
    Gears of War 1
    Forza 2
    GSR 4 (maybe it's 4 not too sure/don't really care)
    Kung Fu Panda
    Lego Indy Jones
    wireless controller
    + 2 €5 vouchers

in Smyths for €300 and I got Guitar Hero 2 for €35 (I used one of the €5 vouchers on that).

A great time to get a 360 I think!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

congrats dude and welcome to the end of any social life you might have had.
    Very nice buy as well, get online and gears and halo will blow you away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Not to hijack your thread or anything Recon, but would you mind confirming whether the Xbox you picked up in Smyths is actually a Jasper Pro?

PS: Welcome to the club!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Recon wrote: »
    Last weekend I posted a thread asking if €250 in Game for an elite with Halo 3 was a good deal and the replies were fairly positive. Today I went shopping.

60 GB Pro 360
    with
    Halo 3
    Gears of War 1
    Forza 2
    GSR 4 (maybe it's 4 not too sure/don't really care)
    Kung Fu Panda
    Lego Indy Jones
    wireless controller
    + 2 €5 vouchers

in Smyths for €300 and I got Guitar Hero 2 for €35 (I used one of the €5 vouchers on that).

A great time to get a 360 I think!

you bought a load of crap games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭pcardin

How old are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

pcardin wrote: »
    How old are you?

I'm 25.

I'm keeping Halo 3 and GoW and selling the other 4. It was an offer in Smyths and there wasn't a choice of games. It was a bundle for €300, that's why the post is formatted the way it is. So I'll be selling a load of crap games if you'd like to buy some.
    SK1979 wrote:
    Not to hijack your thread or anything Recon, but would you mind confirming whether the Xbox you picked up in Smyths is actually a Jasper Pro

I don't know, how can I check that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

I don't know, how can I check that?

The easiest way to check it is to have a look at your power supply unit. The wattage should be 150 on the New Jasper Consoles.

Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indy are the only real duds there, and he could have picked far worse games (I'm assuming he meant PGR4, not GSR4)
    Seriously... How old are you?:p

PGR4 happens to be one of the finest racing games ever made, so you should really care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

If your planning to play online you have to get Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or/and Call Of Duty World at War.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Kung Fu Panda
    Lego Indy Jones

Those two games were bundled by some retailers! If he got them with the xbox it doesn't mean he is 12 for god sake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Really good deal! I paid 400 for a 20GB with one game a year ago. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    If your planning to play online you have to get Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or/and Call Of Duty World at War.!

I'll second that, silly amounts of fun to be had online with those two. Can't wait for Modern Warefare 2:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

docentore wrote: »
    Those two games were bundled by some retailers! If he got them with the xbox it doesn't mean he is 12 for god sake ;)

Nice to see some people here have some sense!
    SK1979 wrote:
    The easiest way to check it is to have a look at your power supply unit. The wattage should be 150 on the New Jasper Consoles.

Good luck!

The o/p on the power supply is 175W, looks like it's not a Jasper so. Manuacture date is October 08.
    docentore wrote:
    Those two games were bundled by some retailers! If he got them with the xbox it doesn't mean he is 12 for god sake

That's right, it was in the same box as the second wireless controller. There was no choice in the bundled games, I was happy nough with Halo 3 and GoW.

That's right, it was in the same box as the second wireless controller.
    Harvey Normans were selling that game/controller pack a while back for €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bought the elite last week with GoW2.
    Bought Hawx yesterday plus Project Slypheed.
    Have 2 copied of SF4 on PS3 and thinking would I be able to swap the one I got from play.com back at gamestop where I bought the other one? (it took play 2 weeks to ship it and got sick of waiting-still in the package).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

docentore wrote: »
    They're part of the WEP (Wireless Entertainment Pack) which includes the second controller.

The offer is insane alright, whatever way you look at it. It's pretty much a tenner for each game and the second controller free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

I traded in the unopened Lego Indy/Kung Fun Panda box to GAME in Liffey Valley and got €35 credit to spend on anything else. Bought FIFA08 and R6V2 instead - decent swap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Harvey Normans were selling that game/controller pack a while back for €30.

lol HMV are selling it for 146 euro. Its not even supposed to be sold on its own.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gamestop had the controller + kungfu pande/legoindy pack for only €30, nice one, couldn't pass it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

tman wrote: »
    Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indy are the only real duds there, and he could have picked far worse games (I'm assuming he meant PGR4, not GSR4)
    Seriously... How old are you?:p

PGR4 happens to be one of the finest racing games ever made, so you should really care!

Kung Fu panda is bad but Lego Indiana Jones is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

wasn't some one saying before that kung fu panda could be used as a substitute for some games saved on the hard drive?(Like if you have halo saved on hard drive and you put kung fu panda in you can play halo or what ever game).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

That turned out to be a load of bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Meatwad wrote: »
    wasn't some one saying before that kung fu panda could be used as a substitute for some games saved on the hard drive?(Like if you have halo saved on hard drive and you put kung fu panda in you can play halo or what ever game).

That was me, I was trying to get gullible people to buy Kung Fu Panda:p

Advertisement