Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 96 Rampage vs Jardine Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

ShawnRaven wrote: »

if Dana doesn't get his act together regarding stricter referees,

This is up to the commision not dana. I wouldnt necessarily say stricter ref's need to be introduced, but better trained for sure. Yves usually a great ref, he just had a bad fight.

Stoppages can be tricky business in mma, and there is a fine line to be tread, but at ufc level particularly, i personally like to see the fights come to a conclusive end.

If only BJM could ref every fight. Nearly always perfect refereeing and judgement calls. Perhaps if he could be more influential in the training process and guidelines, we would have less controversy and a safer environment for the fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This is up to the commision not dana. I wouldnt necessarily say stricter ref's need to be introduced, but better trained for sure. Yves usually a great ref, he just had a bad fight.

Cheers for clearing that up.

But this is why i phrased it the way I did, I jump over Mazzagatti time in and time out for his reffing, and i agree, Yves is usually a very consistant referee. But that fight could have turned out disasterous. Even Matt Brown was screaming "C'mon, stop the fight". Because Brown sure as hell doesn't want to be the cause of permanent damage to the guy just because the referee screwed up.

That said, Yves has publically admitted that he screwed up, and that takes a lot, and as Neil said, more should own up. But it could have been a major disaster. Especially as Sell didn't look all that great going into the fight in the first place.

Advertisement