Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed

Options
  • 08-03-2009 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

While staying in Bewleys hotel Newlands Cross I checked the connection speed which is about 9 mb/s the isp is eircom so my question is what system are they using to give that speed seeing as 7 meg is the fastest they are offering at the moment

425133357.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

probally a business conection

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

pbarr wrote: »
    While staying in Bewleys hotel Newlands Cross I checked the connection speed which is about 9 mb/s the isp is eircom so my question is what system are they using to give that speed seeing as 7 meg is the fastest they are offering at the moment

425133357.png

7 meg is for ADSL1 exchanges. 12 meg is the max on ADSL2+ exchanges (for eircom customers). I can't remember, if the 12 meg package is available to residential customers, but it is available, if the local exchange is ADSL2+.

Funny, last time i was in Bewleys Newlands Cross it was a UPC connection and it was down :)

/M

Advertisement