Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to stay in my job until replacement found

Options
  • 08-03-2009 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi I have given notice to leave my job and was told I will have to stay on until a replacement is found. What should I do am staying in the same company just diffirent work, I am working 2 weeks notice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm going to move this to the Work Problems forum. You can still post anonomously there.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Is the position you are moving to paid more or the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Hi the position would be the same type of work for the same pay onely working for diffirent people. The last I was working for it was not so great.
    Thanks for replies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What's the problem exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Hi A bit of bulying going on where I am. Cutting silences snid remarks etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Errr, yeah, that's great.

There's this thing called ''elaboration'', you really need to do it if you want advice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

woolyhat wrote: »
    Hi I have given notice to leave my job and was told I will have to stay on until a replacement is found. What should I do am staying in the same company just diffirent work, I am working 2 weeks notice?
    Let your two Supervisor work it out between them, you don't decide when you move they do as it is an internal move and hence any notice etc. don't play into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

My take on this is that the OP is moving from one section to another, but within the same company.

They have to wait until a replacement can be found?

OP: if you're moving to a different company, and you don't want a reference, feck 'em, and leave. If you have a start date for the new job, start the job on the start date, unless your contract says differently.

Your post is some what confusing, though :/

Advertisement