Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your study plan

Options
  • 08-03-2009 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Was just wondering about the study habits of other posters...

I try to do 2.5 hours every school night consisting of 3 45 minute blocks with 5 minute breaks or there abouts
    I aim for 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday
    And most of the time of course it doesn't go to plan...but thats the general idea ;)

How much are you getting through and what are your aims between now and June in all of your subjects. Get everything revised? concentate on certain areas? Anyone use less stress or revise wise? Find them helpful?

What kind of hours are other LCer's devoting to the books? Is this a good standard at this stage of the year...

I just wanted to see where im at as regards studying compared to the majority of other students

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

i do whatever i feel like to be doing, i know it's really bad..you are not suppose to do that, by right you should be stuydying in 45min blocks n revise your weakest subject 1st,and have a plan and all that

but meh..it does not work for me :rolleyes:
    like if i feel like to be doing business say, i would do hrs of business and etc etc, but i do maths everyday..even if just a Q or 2...

I dunno is my study style gonna get me anywhere, but getting orgaized is just such a pain!! =D

my Aim is KNOW my stuff , i hate the feeling of not knowing (lol..but yea, that sounds stupid)

revison books,
    less stress for maths by far
    revise wise for home ec
    shortcut for business, and my business book is awesome
    + my homemade wired colourful notes

ok, i am gonna do my study and gonna still be going out and having fun :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

My plan for studying is to buy some books and start soon.

amacachi wrote: »
    My plan for studying is to buy some books and start soon.

omg somebody is online at this time :D hihi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I go to the library the odd week end and it's crammed with girls studying away.

First I thought, gigiddy ;)

Then I thought, no wonder they're kicking our arses every year. I'll be in there every weekend from now on, to study obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I try to do atleast 2 hours every school night,more if possible but I rarely get much done in that time anyway. On saturdays I go to the library fairly early and try to do 4+ hours. Sundays are less productive - the library is closed and everyone's home. I tend to leave all homework for Sunday. That way, I'm forced to do something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

2-3 hours on a school night

4 hours on saturday and sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

When people say this, is it homework and study, or just study you are talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

K4t wrote: »
    I go to the library the odd week end and it's crammed with girls studying away.

First I thought, gigiddy ;)

Then I thought, no wonder they're kicking our arses every year. I'll be in there every weekend from now on, to study obviously.
    haha opportunism in the extreme

chances are they'll be stressed out and need a means of relaxation:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

:cool:
    Jam-Fly wrote: »
    When people say this, is it homework and study, or just study you are talking about?

for me its just study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Jam-Fly wrote: »

Well at this stage your homework should be classed as study like doing revision Qs and exam papers and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

~Candy~ wrote: »
    omg somebody is online at this time :D hihi
    What in the hell? 5 am on a sunday??
    Theres only one excuse-you stayed up all night partying?:pac: Jokes

Jammyc wrote: »
    What in the hell? 5 am on a sunday??
    Theres only one excuse-you stayed up all night partying?:pac: Jokes

lol...it was actually sat.nite..meh, too many 18th parties these days :p
    u see i still remembered to come to boards after the party n in the state i was , i love here really ;)

Advertisement