Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Recession in LK!!

Options
  • 08-03-2009 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Went to the cinema today.Packed.

Went for a meal after,got turned away from the Chilli Shaker as it was packed!

Got turned away from La Fantasia as it was packed!

Ended up in Shapla,was good and busy,and lovely:D

This has only been my first night out like that for awhile and I was shocked at the crowds!

Are ye lot still going out as much now than before the recession?

Good to see the town do well imo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Nice to hear a positive story for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LKLad

went to chilli shaker on saturday, packed and lovely with a complimentary drink thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Drove by Arena 7 a couple of times on the weekend and the car park was jammed, seems like its doing great business.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Wasn't there confirmations on at the weekend? May have had something to do with the crowds. Even so, good to hear that Donegal people are still enjoying themselves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Nice to hear positive news.
    I was told that the shops in Latterkenny are quiet. Almost every brand I can think of have set up shop there over the boom, i.e. marks & spensors, next, topman, argos etc.... They must be feeling the pinch now as many shoppers are going across the border

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Glad to hear the old town in doing so well. It's same here in Glasgow, pubs restaurants cinema's are full of people! I suppose its going to take awhile 'till this recessions kicks in for some folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

DOnt forget Mr Chippe;)

It is good to see instead of all that doom and gloom.

Four star pizza coming to town aswell,might force the other 2 pizza places in town to lower their prices;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

Are ye lot still going out as much now than before the recession?

Nah, I don't go out as often.

Could be the recession...

...or the fact that I'm getting really old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Most likely the latter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

muffler wrote: »
    Most likely the latter ;)

What did you write up there? Can't see small print very well anymore :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement