Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in NI army base

Options
  • 08-03-2009 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Some people, possibly dissident republicans have shot dead 2 soldiers at an army base in NI http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7930837.stm

Bloody hell, not this crap again. The perpetrators should be shot, scum like them are ruining the peace for the majority who despise their illegal actions.

Thoughts??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sylvestersuntan

Thats probably what the guys who shot the soldiers were thinking as they drove up to the army barracks.

Those are my thoughts on your post.
    The perpetrators should be shot, scum like them are ruining the peace for the majority who despise their illegal actions.

Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Thats probably what the guys who shot the soldiers were thinking as they drove up to the army barracks.

Those are my thoughts on your post.

You joined to post that, brilliant:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Wasn't it only yesterday that the Police Chief in NI said that the threat from Nationalists was at at an all time high ?

There you go ..........he was right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Wasn't it only yesterday that the Police Chief in NI said that the threat from Nationalists was at at an all time high ?

There you go ..........he was right

Wrong. Threat from Dissident Republicans was at an all time high. Nice of you to label hundreds of thousands of people as terrorists.:mad:

It's a co-incidence in timing that this happens just a couple of days after his warning. The first British soldiers to die since 1997, lets hope its not going to descend into tit-for-tat attacks, no-one wants that living up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Thoughts??

Any nationalists caught shooting anyone should be executed by the Irish government.
    And unionists caught shooting anyone should be executed by the British government.

Anyone showing any support for hostility on either side should be publicy humiliated, publicy analy violated without lubricant and jettisoned over the Afghani/Pakistani border wearing the Rocky/Apollo Creed US boxer shorts and an "I love Bush" t-shirt.

To be honest, I would have suspected the scumbags would go back to their old games when the money well dried up.
    They probably can't flog too many drugs and the banks don't have any money to steal, so they'll just go back to killing each other.

I doubt there has been any political aspirations for a long, long time.
    They're just failed criminals, hiding beneath labels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Dannyboy83 wrote: »

If only, theres certainly a hardcore there not happy about the status quo. I personally hope the British government take a VERY hard line on this, otherwise there'l be loyalists to fill in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Any nationalists caught shooting anyone should be executed by the Irish government.
    And unionists caught shooting anyone should be executed by the British government.

Anyone showing any support for hostility on either side should be publicy humiliated, publicy analy violated without lubricant and jettisoned over the Afghani/Pakistani border wearing the Rocky/Apollo Creed US boxer shorts and an "I love Bush" t-shirt.

To be honest, I would have suspected the scumbags would go back to their old games when the money well dried up.
    They probably can't flog too many drugs and the banks don't have any money to steal, so they'll just go back to killing each other.

Who? What drugs?
    We have very little facts at the moment and this is all very fishy, so I wouldn't be throwing any sort of crap together just to call it a post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

One hopes the security forces dont over-react to this that is excatly what these dissidents want

I would have thought that the british security forces would have had some mole somewhere to prevent attacks like this

Shame i hope these people are caught they have no support apart from there own twisted friends who share there twisted ideolgy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

luckyfrank wrote: »
    I would have thought that the british security forces would have had some mole somewhere to prevent attacks like this

That'd make a change. They usually have a mole who causes attacks like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looking forward to Sinn Feins response, it'll tell us a bit about where they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

For starters I do wish the media would stop calling terrorists and murderers “dissident republicans” or “paramilitaries”. All the resources of the state, both north and south should be brought to bear to root out and apprehend these criminals, and if they are shot and killed resisting arrest, so much the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

SF Gerry Adams calls these attacks "wrong and counter-productive" and will not receive "support" according to BBC news there

oh dear seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing :mad:

i want to make it clear to SF that every murder they and their criminal cronies dogs are involved in will not be forgotten

fracking scumbags i am absolutely sickened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ivelostthewill

does the last poster know the difference between republican and DISSIDENT republican :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

SF has come out and condemned these murders the same as every other political party in Ireland/UK.
    There is more behind these killings than meets the eye. There hasnt been a murder of a british soldier since 97. Why now, all of a sudden. No warning.
    No outbreak of violence, or rioting which led to these killings.
    There is nothing to be gained from killing british soldiers, remember these lads are only in it now for their own gain, not for the "cause". These are criminals linking themselves to PIRA or disadents for political reasons, to be treated differently to ordinary criminals.
    i dont think we should jump to conclusions until we hear more information on the possible perpertrators of this brutle act.
    Actually why this is actually in th epolitics section is questionable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Perhaps it was a loyalist group. Think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

And unionists caught shooting anyone should be executed by the British government..

...because if nothing else, Irish history shows how executing people quiets everything down.
    To be honest, (....)labels.

This is nothing to do with the Provisionals.
    ionix5891 wrote:
    want to make it clear to SF that every murder they and their criminal cronies dogs are involved in will not be forgotten

fracking scumbags i am absolutely sickened .

As above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

nij wrote: »
    Perhaps it was a loyalist group. Think about it.

I was thinking along them lines myself ,sinn fein are doing well for the first time in a long time.

But it was a theory ,so I presume it belongs in the theory forum:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

ionix5891 wrote: »
    SF Gerry Adams calls these attacks "wrong and counter-productive" and will not receive "support" according to BBC news there

oh dear seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing :mad:

i want to make it clear to SF that every murder they and their criminal cronies dogs are involved in will not be forgotten

fracking scumbags i am absolutely sickened

this is as much an attack of SF and their peace strategy as it is the Brits.

are the mods asleep? they are quick wnough to take down allegations of FF links to crime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Voodoo_Chile

whycliff wrote: »
    SF has come out and condemned these murders the same as every other political party in Ireland/UK.
    There is more behind these killings than meets the eye. There hasnt been a murder of a british soldier since 97. Why now, all of a sudden. No warning.
    No outbreak of violence, or rioting which led to these killings.
    There is nothing to be gained from killing british soldiers, remember these lads are only in it now for their own gain, not for the "cause". These are criminals linking themselves to PIRA or disadents for political reasons, to be treated differently to ordinary criminals.
    i dont think we should jump to conclusions until we hear more information on the possible perpertrators of this brutle act.
    Actually why this is actually in th epolitics section is questionable...

I'm assuming you're one of those people who believe 9/11 is some massive conspiracy/cover up?
    Isn't it infinitly more likely that two drunken idiots,pining for the old time decided to start something. **** like this doesn't have to have more of a reason then access to fire arms and a distorted world view and looking at this as some Loyalist attempt to reignite the troubles is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

ionix5891 wrote: »
    I'm sure they won't. Unless you've got a pertinent link[1] to this attack, stop flinging mud. It doesn't become you.

[1]That's an actual link, not a hyperlink

And Voodoo_Chile, don't be treading water on the insulting posters line (first part of your last post). That's not particularly admirable when we consider the politics charter either.

OhNoYouDidn't, you can report posts rather than making moderation comments. Given the three infractions you've picked up on this board, I would have at least hoped you'd have finally read the charter and be aware of that.

Civility, people. It's easy if you try. Carry on in an on-topic way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I was thinking along them lines myself ,sinn fein are doing well for the first time in a long time.

But it was a theory ,so I presume it belongs in the theory forum:confused:
    Its all a conspiracy!:eek:

In fairness though its all a bit fishy. The timing is too good , Orde announces that threat levels are at an all time high, the sas are called in and now this? Im not sure that all is as it seems. Has anyone claimed the attack? Or better yet has anyone denied it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Some people, possibly dissident republicans have shot dead 2 soldiers at an army base in NI http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7930837.stm

Bloody hell, not this crap again. The perpetrators should be shot, scum like them are ruining the peace for the majority who despise their illegal actions.

Thoughts??

My thoughts: two wrongs dont make a right. One killing leads to two killings lead to three killings lead to four killings......................

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

This has certainly put a cat amongst the pigeons so to speak, although this was on the cards for a long time. I'm watching Sky News there now and all the Brit politicians are having kittens over it. Personally I don't think such attacks are going to achieve anything to be honest, it's a battle of ideas that needs to be won, stiffing a couple of Brits every couple of months isn't going to alter anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

fitz0 wrote: »
    Its all a conspiracy!:eek:

In fairness though its all a bit fishy. The timing is too good , Orde announces that threat levels are at an all time high, the sas are called in and now this? Im not sure that all is as it seems. Has anyone claimed the attack? Or better yet has anyone denied it?

What would the point of the conspiracy be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

mike65 wrote: »

Sinn fein are gaining popularity and they might actually get out on the world circuit of politics.

Loyalists feel lonely because northern ireland is becoming more and more Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

No idea, don't really care either. It just sounds fishy to me. Maybe unionists did it to alienate republican communities because they fear british withdrawal from the north as a result of this economic crisis.. Maybe the republicans did it so that the british would think the north costs too much and would pull out. Maybe the british did it as an excuse to bring back the sas and crack down on dissidents. I don't know and Im not too worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

adams has said cooperate with the police, and go to them if you see criminality but has he said the same about the army?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Just when we thought things could not get any worse in this country. This story is being reported right around the world. Its going to be a tough St Patricks Day for us. Awful tragedy for the families of the soldiers and pizza delivery men.

To those calling for executions: I understand you are angry, but our constitution forbids capital punishment. We voted (by a large majority) on this a few years ago. The terrorists don't have much respect for Bunreacht na h-Eireann - but the rest of us should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Looking forward to Sinn Feins response, it'll tell us a bit about where they are.

McGuinness' response was quite interesting, he said ""I supported the IRA during the conflict, I myself was a member of the IRA but that war is over". He didn't seem to really condemn the fact that two British soldiers were killed, more that it wasn't the time to be killing British soldiers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

fitz0 wrote: »
    No idea, don't really care either. It just sounds fishy to me. Maybe unionists did it to alienate republican communities because they fear british withdrawal from the north as a result of this economic crisis.. Maybe the republicans did it so that the british would think the north costs too much and would pull out. Maybe the british did it as an excuse to bring back the sas and crack down on dissidents. I don't know and Im not too worried.

It worries me a little. The most important question for me is 'who gains from the killing of British soldiers?'
    With the 'war on terror' it seems like political suicide for the SF if it was the IRA. Their support would plummet. After the way they have build up their party it doesnt make sense for them to kill British soldiers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement