Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in NI army base

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭TomRooney

Yep, they are pure cowardly low-life scum 'operating' under the ridiculous delusion that they represent the people of this island.
    And anyone who supports their modus operandi is scum too.

by your logic the leaders of 1916 where nothing but low life scum...as they too only had a very small minority support, it is people like you who are partly responsible for the ongoing situation in Ireland, if you would just stand up for your nation once and for all there may be an end to it, but while there is people willing to turn there back on brave irish men who take the fight to the illegal british soldiers, there will always be conflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

well it clearly is, no-one riddles defence forces personell with bullets the minute they open their heavily fortified barracks door.

I assume you are on a fishing trip?

Heh, fishing trip. Hilarious.

So the only difference is the reaction of how certain people react? I'm failing to see your logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I should have phrased it differently.
    People in Northern Ireland and people in the Republic voted by referendum for a peaceful solution by compromise.

.... and demilitarisation / normalisation.

So what make you of last weeks decision to send in special forces? A move that presumably is what the RIRA reacted to with this attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Please!

Thats why M16 and Brit special forces are using the 6 counties as a 'soft' test for their operatives?

Sectarian attacks against Catholics continue on a daily basis.

No one is asking the obvious question, why were they barracked in the 6? The place was supposed to have been demilitarised

The 6 counties have not normailsed to the extent they should and unfortunatly there are still brit soldiers in the north for lunatics to shoot at.
    While I don't condone the attacks or support the dissidents, I also couldn't give a rashers for these soldiers or have any sympathy for them.

Call centre worker answers phone, chef cooks meal, occupying soldier gets a bullet. Thats life.
    Please point to where I said this attack was justified, right or anything.

It was a pointless, strategically inane attack from a group of fanatics which puts their own people at risk from retaliation from the loyalists.

All I'm saying is I will lose no sleep over the 'victims'.

Believe it or not, the unionists believe that the soldiers are their only line of defence between themselves and those who seek to kill/relocate them.

An attack on a soldier for the unionists, is really no different to an attack on Sinn Fein for the Nationalists in the North.

I don't think you're clinical 'strategic' language, hides or excuses the sentiment behind your posts or your lack of compassion for people who have died.

I hope you'll understand some day soon, before the loyalists are motivated into coming on our doorstep, in order to teach you compassion.

TomRooney wrote: »
    illegal british soldiers

Are we talking about now or 200 years ago? If now, can I see where you're sourcing their illegality on? If it's 200 years ago, sorry, I haven't finished working on my time-machine yet, when I do I'll come back and post in this thread to let ya know about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

the last ALL Ireland vote happened in 1919 i believe and that showed an overwhelming majority voting for a complete break from britain, there has never been an all Ireland vote since.

your revisionist history will get you nowhere with me.

over 90 percent of irish people would like to see a united Ireland according to a recent poll.

What paper was that poll in 'An Poblacht' by any chance? I would hazard a guess that a poll for a United Ireland would fail by a 3:2 majority in the North, plus at the end of the day it is for people in the North to decide, and not us down in the South. Also why in their right mind would they want to be united with a country that is disappearing further and further into a big black hole, where all goods cost way more than up North, and as an added atraction we have the biggest and most corrupt shower of wasters in power the world has ever seen. Someday maybe a United Ireland will happen, but there are far more important things to worry about in this country at present, and lets face facts my little republican friend, we couldn't afford the bloody North even if 100% of people wanted it!

amacachi wrote: »
    Heh, fishing trip. Hilarious.

So the only difference is the reaction of how certain people react? I'm failing to see your logic.

If you are going to state that British soldiers stationed in Antrim is the same as Irish soldiers stationed in Cork, you are deliberatly being facetious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I should have phrased it differently.
    People in Northern Ireland and people in the Republic voted by referendum for a peaceful solution by compromise.

Surely my statement still stands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

by your logic the leaders of 1916 where nothing but low life scum...as they too only had a very small minority support, it is people like you who are partly responsible for the ongoing situation in Ireland, if you would just stand up for your nation once and for all there may be an end to it, but while there is people willing to turn there back on brave irish men who take the fight to the illegal british soldiers, there will always be conflict.
    The ongoing situation in the country as per mandate of the majority of its inhabitants?
    Suits me.
    Nothing "brave" what those imbeciles did last night and they certainly do not score any comparison points with those involved in 1916.
    An adrenaline rush and "bravery" are very different, fella.

Having been in two different conflict zones during my lifetime, I'd find your comments hilarious if not nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Curse those brit soldiers using thmselves as targets for the disjointed in the "republican movement"

A shower of flilthy animals is all they are. I am disgusted by this bull**** and the ****e of the usual on here. Every ****ing excuse that can be made, they let their guard down blah ****ing blah if nayone can honestly see past this bull and bollox of what it is. To the SCUM who killed these lads THE GREAT ENEMY BEGORRA **** you.

The animals and that is a kind word for these people who killed these lads are nothing more than murdering scum.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Any word from the UN as to when they're demanding the British soldiers leave part of their own country? I tried asking but they didn't seem to know much about it.

It's part of the UK, they're not "occupying" it, it's no different to our own army having barracks in our own country.

you seem to be blissfully ignorant to the facts....such as the gerrymadered illegal statelet of the 6 countys, the brits have drawn a line around 6 countys which are originaly part of the 9 county ulster.

they have drawn the line around 4 countys with a majority of unionists, and 2 countys with a nationalist majority. they didnt ask the irish peoples permission to do this, they just done off there own back. ILLEGALY.

no matter what rubbish you and your ilk spew on here, the truth is always going to be there to refute you.

"the british government have no right in Ireland, never had any right in Ireland, and never can have any right in Ireland"

guess who wrote those words.

Cliste wrote: »
    Surely my statement still stands?
    Yep. Just clarifying my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

whycliff wrote: »
    SF has come out and condemned these murders the same as every other political party in Ireland/UK.

Saying something is "wrong" and "counter-productive" is NOT "condemning" it.
    whycliff wrote: »
    There is more behind these killings than meets the eye.

Some people were murdered. Not much more to say than that.

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    Believe it or not, the unionists believe that the soldiers are their only line of defence between themselves and those who seek to kill/relocate them.

An attack on a soldier for the unionists, is really no different to an attack on Sinn Fein for the Nationalists in the North.

What makes you think I don't understand that?
    I don't think you're clinical 'strategic' language, hides or excuses the sentiment behind your posts or your lack of compassion for people who have died.

I'm not trying to hide my lack of compassion.
    I hope you'll understand some day soon, before the loyalists are motivated into coming on our doorstep, in order to teach you compassion.

Spare me the internet hardman routine.

gilly2308 wrote: »
    What paper was that poll in 'An Poblacht' by any chance? I would hazard a guess that a poll for a United Ireland would fail by a 3:2 majority in the North, plus at the end of the day it is for people in the North to decide, and not us down in the South. Also why in their right mind would they want to be united with a country that is disappearing further and further into a big black hole, where all goods cost way more than up North, and as an added atraction we have the biggest and most corrupt shower of wasters in power the world has ever seen. Someday maybe a United Ireland will happen, but there are far more important things to worry about in this country at present, and lets face facts my little republican friend, we couldn't afford the bloody North even if 100% of people wanted it!

Hammer. Nail. Head.

Until a democratic majority decide they wish to join us, it is their right to remain part of the UK.

We have no more right to force them, than the English have to force us back into union with the UK.

But, if a biased individual for example was trying to make that same reasoning, they could never see the comparison.

.... and demilitarisation / normalisation.

So what make you of last weeks decision to send in special forces? A move that presumably is what the RIRA reacted to with this attack?
    They have always been there and the deluded republican ignoring the will of its own people are the very reason why.

Spare me the internet hardman routine.

If our nations were spared blind cowardly ignorance, I don't presume anyone would be referring to internet hard men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

the last ALL Ireland vote happened in 1919 i believe and that showed an overwhelming majority voting for a complete break from britain, there has never been an all Ireland vote since.

your revisionist history will get you nowhere with me.

over 90 percent of irish people would like to see a united Ireland according to a recent poll.

Completely incorrect. The vote referred to (in which many of us had to agree to stomach the release of murderers) was all-Ireland. The result of which is available for all to see, and has no possible angle from which you could claim that someone referring to it is "revisionist".

And any chance of you posting a link to that "recent poll" ? And if so (which I doubt, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment) can you state how many of that 90% are OK with shooting people in order to achieve it ?

Edit: If (as suggested above) the poll was in "An Poblacht", then claiming that that represents 90% of all Irish people would be the equivalent of using a poll in the Fianna Failure internal newsletter to claim that 90% of people were happy with the current Government.

I'm not trying to hide my lack of compassion.

Do I really need to go back and quote your posts about not giving two rashers for occupying soldiers?

Ok, so let us all hear you express some compassion for the dead, and lets end this petty fued

The ongoing situation in the country as per mandate of the majority of its inhabitants?
    Suits me.
    Nothing "brave" what those imbeciles did last night and they certainly do not score any comparison points with those involved in 1916.
    An adrenaline rush and "bravery" are very different, fella.

Having been in two different conflict zones during my lifetime, I'd find your comments hilarious if not nauseating.

what majorit..? there is no majority in the 6 countys. it is only one part of a 32 county Ireland.

by your logic 100 thousand poles could declare there own state in a few countys in the south of ireland if they had a big enough majority.

cop on to yourself, as for your ego and you being in conflict zones keep it to yourself it doesnt buy you any credit around here boy.

the fact is these men went and challenged the british army head on, and got away with it. if nothing else it should show you that besides all the spin doctoring going on by the 26 county admin and the brits, there is still people who are willing to risk imprisonment or death for there beliefs, they are not mindless criminalls they are politicly motivated volunteers they dont get paid for what they do. this alone should be a wake up call that the myth of peace in ireland will never exist untill the british government disengage from Ireland.

• Advertisement

Stop living in the ****ing past because as we all know, (well anyone with a ****ing brain) it will not achieve anything. Move to the future its a shame the scum who cannot accept this and believe shooting dead two young British Soldiers will not listen. The romantised bull**** will get people nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Completely incorrect. The vote referred to (in which many of us had to agree to stomach the release of murderers) was all-Ireland. The result of which is available for all to see, and has no possible angle from which you could claim that someone referring to it is "revisionist"

But what gives us a say in their affairs after doing all in our power to do nothing?

Hammer. Nail. Head.

Until a democratic majority decide they wish to join us, it is their right to remain part of the UK.

We have no more right to force them, than the English have to force us back into union with the UK.

But, if a biased individual for example was trying to make that same reasoning, they could never see the comparison.

THATS your interpretation of the Troubles? :confused:

If you are going to state that British soldiers stationed in Antrim is the same as Irish soldiers stationed in Cork, you are deliberatly being facetious.

It shouldn't be any different but for the reaction of a small group of people who have no support amongst the masses. If some people decided they didn't want a barracks in their town in the south and took a few shots at the soldiers would that show that the army had no right to be there.
    you seem to be blissfully ignorant to the facts....such as the gerrymadered illegal statelet of the 6 countys, the brits have drawn a line around 6 countys which are originaly part of the 9 county ulster.

they have drawn the line around 4 countys with a majority of unionists, and 2 countys with a nationalist majority. they didnt ask the irish peoples permission to do this, they just done off there own back. ILLEGALY.

no matter what rubbish you and your ilk spew on here, the truth is always going to be there to refute you.

Oh, is that what happened? I must've been asleep during years of history class. And I must not have listened to my Dad when he was describing what it was like to live down there.

Could've sworn the counties were an irish construct. And if they wanted no Nationalists then why not leave the border bits to the south?

Me and my ilk? Heh, judging from your lack of capital letters I'm gonna guess that "you and your ilk" are responsible for a lot of graffitti around the country, couldn't remember where I recognised that style from.
    "the british government have no right in Ireland, never had any right in Ireland, and never can have any right in Ireland"

guess who wrote those words.

I'm going to guess it was Ian Paisley's uncle who everyone in the famliy likes to pretend isn't related to them?

the fact is these men went and challenged the british army head on,.

What brave fcuking warriors they truely are for a moment I forgot they are Scum.

What makes you think I don't understand that?

Ok, so you DO understand, that an attack on a British soldier, is an attack on Unionisim, the United Kingdom and the citziens of that country.

Were you sorry for the Death of Garda Jerry McCabe?
    Were you sorry for his family's loss?

Sure Dannyboy its all in the name of the cause

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Completely incorrect. The vote referred to (in which many of us had to agree to stomach the release of murderers) was all-Ireland. The result of which is available for all to see, and has no possible angle from which you could claim that someone referring to it is "revisionist".

And any chance of you posting a link to that "recent poll" ? And if so (which I doubt, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment) can you state how many of that 90% are OK with shooting people in order to achieve it ?

Edit: If (as suggested above) the poll was in "An Poblacht", then claiming that that represents 90% of all Irish people would be the equivalent of using a poll in the Fianna Failure internal newsletter to claim that 90% of people were happy with the current Government.

there has never been an all ireland vote other than that in 1919, there was however two seperate votes in ireland on the subject in question, which is undemocratic as it doesnt truly represent the island as a whole.

A 2006 Sunday Business Post survey reported that almost 80% of voters in the Republic favour a united Ireland: 22% believe that "achieving a united Ireland should be the first priority of the government" while 55% say they "would like to see a united Ireland, but not as the first priority of government." Of the remainder 10% said no efforts should be made to bring about a united Ireland and 13% had no opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Ireland

Do I really need to go back and quote your posts about not giving two rashers for occupying soldiers?

Ok, so let us all hear you express some compassion for the dead, and lets end this petty fued

You have lost me. What feud? How can I be clearer? I have no compassion for them. None. Nada. Zilch. Not an ounce.

Having said that, I do not condone the RIRA killing them as it creates more problems than it solves.

Although, maybe reminding the squaddies stationed in the 6 that they are not stationed in Englandshire and they might want to remember that they are an occupying army when they are ordering takeaways might not be so bad, but this has been a bad couple of days for the north.

• Advertisement

what majorit..? there is no majority in the 6 countys. it is only one part of a 32 county Ireland.

by your logic 100 thousand poles could declare there own state in a few countys in the south of ireland if they had a big enough majority
    Majority of those in the North voted in a referendum for peaceful compromise. A majority of those in the Republic voted for peaceful compromise.
    Go figure.
    cop on to yourself, as for your ego and you being in conflict zones keep it to yourself it doesnt buy you any credit around here boy
    When you've done the same then come back and talk about the 'bravery' you referred to. Even Ross bloody Kemp has more balls than the murderers from last night and in particular, you for supporting their ignorant stupidity.
    the fact is these men went and challenged the british army head on, and got away with it. if nothing else it should show you that besides all the spin doctoring going on by the 26 county admin and the brits, there is still people who are willing to risk imprisonment or death for there beliefs, they are not mindless criminalls they are politicly motivated volunteers they dont get paid for what they do. this alone should be a wake up call that the myth of peace in ireland will never exist untill the british government disengage from Ireland.
    They are deluded criminals and the only myth here is that a kick at the fulcrum towards a 32 county republic via violence would lead to peace in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement