Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in NI army base

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Cliste wrote: »
    But what gives us a say in their affairs after doing all in our power to do nothing?

???? There was no "us and them" for that vote - both sides of the border voted for it.

And while you do have a point, in that that vote gave us power over something outside our juristiction, that was a necessary evil to try and convince the brainwashed that they had absolutely no mandate.

That said, the same could be argued in relation to the Lisbon Treaty, etc, where our vote had an impact on the rest of Europe.

I didn't draft the legislation (because it would have turned my stomach to have the criminals and scum from either "side" released) so I can't say what went on; but it was a legitimate vote to stop all this kind of crap for good....

And it's sickening that the flag of convenience of "dissident republicans" has been raised again; they are murderers - end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

What makes you think I don't understand that?

I'm not trying to hide my lack of compassion.

Spare me the internet hardman routine.
    Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    Do I really need to go back and quote your posts about not giving two rashers for occupying soldiers?

Ok, so let us all hear you express some compassion for the dead, and lets end this petty fued
    THATS your interpretation of the Troubles? :confused:

My interpretation of the troubles is completely removed from the fact that two people have been killed in cold blood.

If you like, we can discuss this, but first, can you reply to my text highlighted in bold?

If you can prove that you have compassion and are not bigoted, I would be more than happy to discuss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

There is an amazing amount of ill informed, populist bull**** posted by both sides of this argument... and a sad deficit of reality.

The DR's involved will be rounded up pronto, the intel was there, their op will provide the proof needed to lift them.

On the other side, piss poor drills by the Brits

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭TomRooney

amacachi wrote: »
    It shouldn't be any different but for the reaction of a small group of people who have no support amongst the masses. If some people decided they didn't want a barracks in their town in the south and took a few shots at the soldiers would that show that the army had no right to be there.

Oh, is that what happened? I must've been asleep during years of history class. And I must not have listened to my Dad when he was describing what it was like to live down there.

Could've sworn the counties were an irish construct. And if they wanted no Nationalists then why not leave the border bits to the south?

Me and my ilk? Heh, judging from your lack of capital letters I'm gonna guess that "you and your ilk" are responsible for a lot of graffitti around the country, couldn't remember where I recognised that style from.

I'm going to guess it was Ian Paisley's uncle who everyone in the famliy likes to pretend isn't related to them?

your childish attempt at insulting me, and your refusal to address the issues and facts only goes to highlight how weak and invalid your position is.

TomRooney wrote: »
    A 2006 Sunday Business Post survey reported that almost 80% of voters in the Republic favour a united Ireland

I'll repeat 2 words from your post : "recent" and "over 90 percent". Nothing that you posted above relates to either.

2006 is not "recent"
    "almost 80%" is seventy-something percent, NOT "over 90 percent"

And if you'd included "by murder and violent means", you could have seen that drop by A REAL "over 90 percent", since people had already indicated their views on that in the vote in 1998.

• Advertisement

You have lost me. What feud? How can I be clearer? I have no compassion for them. None. Nada. Zilch. Not an ounce.

Having said that, I do not condone the RIRA killing them as it creates more problems than it solves.

So would it be fair to say that you are bigoted then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You have lost me. What feud? How can I be clearer? I have no compassion for them. None. Nada. Zilch. Not an ounce.

Having said that, I do not condone the RIRA killing them as it creates more problems than it solves.

Although, maybe reminding the squaddies stationed in the 6 that they are not stationed in Englandshire and they might want to remember that they are an occupying army when they are ordering takeaways might not be so bad, but this has been a bad couple of days for the north.

It works out well because I will have no compassion when they catch the RIRA/Whatever name of conveniennce they go under these days scum who did this Murder, and this is from a culchie who is from a town where the black and tans murdered left right and centre but thankfully we have the ability to move on and get over this bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Ok, so you DO understand, that an attack on a British soldier, is an attack on Unionisim, the United Kingdom and the citziens of that country.

Were you sorry for the Death of Garda Jerry McCabe?
    Were you sorry for his family's loss?

Danny, I think you need to either sober up or lie down.

I have condemned this attack more than once. I understand, better than you I suspect, who did it and why, and that PSF are ultimatly the target.

My interpretation of the troubles is completely removed from the fact that two people have been killed in cold blood.

If you like, we can discuss this, but first, can you reply to my text highlighted in bold?

If you can prove that you have compassion and are not bigoted, I would be more than happy to discuss it.

two people...? biased comment if ever i heard one.

they where 2 soldiers, representatives in uniform of the ongoing british military presence in Ireland. dont try to paint them as innocent little boys.

Danny, I think you need to either sober up or lie down.

I have condemned this attack more than once. I understand, better than you I suspect, who did it and why, and that PSF are ultimatly the target.

Could you answer the question, please don't dodge it.

Were you sorry for the death of Garda Jerry McCabe?
    Were you sorry for his families loss?

Yes or No?

• Advertisement

So would it be fair to say that you are bigoted then?

Grow up Danny.

they where 2 soldiers, representatives in uniform of the ongoing british military presence in Ireland. dont try to paint them as innocent little boys.

What are they, the two soldiers guilty of?

Please back up your statement with proof

Yes or No?

Yes and Yes.

Although I fail to see the relevance.

How THE HELL is stating the facts biased ? :rolleyes:

Were they people or not ? Were there two of them or not ?

Grow up Danny.

Yes or No?

It works out well because I will have no compassion when they catch the RIRA/Whatever name of conveniennce they go under these days scum who did this Murder, and this is from a culchie who is from a town where the black and tans murdered left right and centre but thankfully we have the ability to move on and get over this bull****.

You fit in well at rovers.

If as you claim you are an irish man, and you live in a town that has suffered first hand at the british occupation. then you as an irish man should be ashamed of yourself.

but it is no suprise history is littered with your type.
    partly the reason we dont have a united ireland.

What are they, the two soldiers guilty of?

Please back up your statement with proof

Danny. You are on boards.ie. There is going to be a latent hostility to heavily armed foreign soldiers on Irish soil. The quicker you get your head round that....

Yes and Yes.

Although I fail to see the relevance.

Ok, so you were sorry for the death of representatives and guardians of the Republic.

But you have no compassion for the death of representatives and guardians of the Unionists.

Your statemet, as written.

Would it be fair to say you are bigoted then?

Yes or no?

Danny. You are on boards.ie. There is going to be a latent hostility to heavily armed foreign soldiers on Irish soil. The quicker you get your head round that....

foreign soldiers?
    Irish soil?

If the RIRA men got killed on Sat, I would have no compassion for them either.

• Advertisement

Last time we looked we had a ceasefire where all parties came together and have done their best to move along from the shooting of those cheeky english chappies...

but then again to the remaining few who cannot get their heads out of the past these things are a sign of weakness and only the gun will rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    ???? There was no "us and them" for that vote - both sides of the border voted for it.

And while you do have a point, in that that vote gave us power over something outside our juristiction, that was a necessary evil to try and convince the brainwashed that they had absolutely no mandate.

That said, the same could be argued in relation to the Lisbon Treaty, etc, where our vote had an impact on the rest of Europe.

My whole point is that us South of the boarder are content to pretend to be Republican - we say we like the idea of a 32 county Republic, but when push comes to shove we are happy allowing FF 'the republican party' to do sweet feck all in relation to the North (in terms of Nationalism) as long as the Euro's keep flowing.

This is how it is, but in my opinion it cheapens all arguments.
    Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I didn't draft the legislation (because it would have turned my stomach to have the criminals and scum from either "side" released) so I can't say what went on; but it was a legitimate vote to stop all this kind of crap for good....

And it's sickening that the flag of convenience of "dissident republicans" has been raised again; they are murderers - end of story.

I think that is an evil action, and I find it ironic that these people call themselves Catholics. Don't get me wrong on the matter.

And to be fair both "side" 's as you put it have very valid arguments.

The quicker you get your head roun the fact that bigotry begets bigotry begets murder begets war begets chaos..................

If as you claim you are an irish man, and you live in a town that has suffered first hand at the british occupation. then you as an irish man should be ashamed of yourself.

but it is no suprise history is littered with your type.
    partly the reason we dont have a united ireland.

History is ALSO littered with people who don't respect others' views and make claims like they should be "ashamed of themselves" for thinking for themselves and not taking sides or living down to what SOME people THINK should make an "irish man"......partly the reason that we don't have 100% peace on this island.

TomRooney, if I said that any Irishman should be ashamed to support murder, would you accept that my view of what an Irishman should be was somehow better than yours, or that you should be ashamed ?

I doubt it, but until you're capable of doing that you have no right to project YOUR views of what makes an Irishman onto others, or question their Irishness.

Majority of those in the North voted in a referendum for peaceful compromise. A majority of those in the Republic voted for peaceful compromise.
    Go figure.

When you've done the same then come back and talk about the 'bravery' you referred to. Even Ross bloody Kemp has more balls than the murderers from last night and in particular, you for supporting their ignorant stupidity.

They are deluded criminals and the only myth here is that a kick at the fulcrum towards a 32 county republic via violence would lead to peace in Ireland.

there has never been a truly representative vote in ireland since 1919.

as for seeing conflict, you dont me, you dont know what i have or have not done, dont make assumptions.

the bottom line is, there is no mandate in the 32 countys for the ongoing presence of british troops/gov in ireland, and untill these troops leave ireland you can expect more of this action. whether you agree or not.

Ok, so you were sorry for the death of representatives and guardians of the Republic.

But you have no compassion for the death of representatives and guardians of the Unionists.

Yes or no?

No it would not.

I do not see the equivalence of a policeman getting killed during a robbery and an occupying soldier being shot by a guerilla, no matter how much I disagree with their actions.

If you are asking me am I sympathetic to the synthetic sectarian statelet the Unionists need thousands of troops to prop up, the answer is no.

What you are basically saying is being an Irish nationalist/patriot/republican and wanting an end to the British military occupation of Ireland (and Iraq etc) makes someone a bigot.

Are you 9?

The quicker you get your head roun the fact that bigotry begets bigotry begets murder begets war begets chaos..................

Could someone please translate that for me? I don't speak 'youth'.

Last time we looked we had a ceasefire where all parties came together and have done their best to move along from the shooting of those cheeky english chappies...

but then again to the remaining few who cannot get their heads out of the past these things are a sign of weakness and only the gun will rule.

broadly agreed, but we also agreed that those cheeky english chappies would go home.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Yes or no?

Right Im sick of this. Danny for f*ck sake listen to OhNoYouDidnt! Read what he has posted and you may be surprised to find that he has answered all your questions yet you keep posting them over and over.

Next
    Bigot:a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

YOU are acting like a bigot, refusing to accept that he just doesnt care whether some soldiers died or not. Get over it. A lot of people dont care whether soldiers die or not. When you sign up to the army (or a dissident organisation for that matter) you accept that you may be shot at or killed especially if the army you are signing up for has bases in less than stable regions.

• Advertisement

fitz0 wrote: »
    Right Im sick of this. Danny for f*ck sake listen to OhNoYouDidnt! Read what he has posted and you may be surprised to find that he has answered all your questions yet you keep posting them over and over.

Next
    Bigot:a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

YOU are acting like a bigot, refusing to accept that he just doesnt care whether some soldiers died or not. Get over it. A lot of people dont care whether soldiers die or not. When you sign up to the army (or a dissident organisation for that matter) you accept that you may be shot at or killed especially if the army you are signing up for has bases in less than stable regions.

Do you condone the Murder of these two soliders?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement