Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gambling money management help?

Options
  • 08-03-2009 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

It is very close to Cheltenham now and seein as I like to have a "punt", I am looking at my current wealth, my weekly income (E200/wk), and trying to decide how much I should risk, and what is the best strategy for Cheltenham? E1 win Lucky 15's might do the trick, but perhaps there is less buzz from these, I should bet singles and e.w.'s on every race instead? I have E500 in the credit union, and about E700 under the matress so to speak, is E5e.w or E10win each race for the 4 days going too heavy? I don't want to risk too much, but I would like a big win, it has been so long since I had one :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Four-Too wrote: »
    It is very close to Cheltenham now and seein as I like to have a "punt", I am looking at my current wealth, my weekly income (E200/wk), and trying to decide how much I should risk, and what is the best strategy for Cheltenham? E1 win Lucky 15's might do the trick, but perhaps there is less buzz from these, I should bet singles and e.w.'s on every race instead? I have E500 in the credit union, and about E700 under the matress so to speak, is E5e.w or E10win each race for the 4 days going too heavy? I don't want to risk too much, but I would like a big win, it has been so long since I had one :(
    The only way your going to win big with small bets is getting real lucky with a multiple bet or a longs odds against winner.
    It depends on how much your willing to spend really.
    I never gamble more than 20% of what I take in every week, this fluctuates due to the fact I make my money off Betfair mainly.*

Over the Festival week you'll see plenty of big priced winners.
    So maybe you want to put 5 each way on a 33/1 shot or similiar price.
    Personally I'd go for a treble of shorter price horses circa 2/1 or 3/1 this way you get a decent return for your money.

So after all that load of rubbish I just wrote it comes down to
    How much you can afford to spend?
    How much you want to win?
    If you know the answers to the above questions your in good shape.

N.b* never ever gamble with money you can't afford to lose.

Gl hope you have a good Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

stay away from multiples, lucky 15's etc except for fun bets, money you can afford to lose. If you lay every favorite in Cheltenham you won't go far wrong IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

I was considering going the lay all fav's approach myself for the festival but I've a feeling that quite a few will win this year. Personally I'm finding it difficult to see these being beaten;

Master Minded
    Voy Por Ustedes
    Kasbah Bliss
    Kauto Star

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just set an amount aside that you would have no problem losing should it come to that and use that. If it runs out for whatever reason the rest of Cheltenham should be one to watch and try to predict for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Do yourself a big favour back cousing vinny and sicilian secret in a double. And watch the money roll in;) 20 quid get you 385 return or 100 quid 3850 even better:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself what you want to get out of the week. If your looking just to participate in the week then flip a coin, **** darts at the paper or spin the bottle. There is no foolproof system, you may win mostly based on luck, or you'll throw it all on the first fav and he'll get chinned on the line. Ask yourself what you want out of the week, then you can start thinking about what sort of bank you want to piss away............

Advertisement