Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC

Options
  • 08-03-2009 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

if i use USB to XBOX lead will i be able to put xvid and divx files on it to watch on my xbox?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

You can connect SOME of usb sticks on the market, not all of them. They have to be formatted in fat16 or fat32 file system, maximum size 4gb. Transcend one work fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

docentore wrote: »
    You can connect SOME of usb sticks on the market, not all of them. They have to be formatted in fat16 or fat32 file system, maximum size 4gb. Transcend one work fine for me.

I know you can connect sticks up to 4gb to connect keyboards but have you used it this method for watching AVIs?

I did connect usb stick with divx (avi) film on it and I was able to watch it if that answers your question. You can copy it to your harddrive or watch from the stick.

You could also connect xbox to your newtork and access it via ftp.
    Bob Z wrote: »
    I know you can connect sticks up to 4gb to connect keyboards...

I don't think I understand, you are saying that you need to connect usb stick in order to have keyboard working?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

docentore wrote: »
    I don't think I understand, you are saying that you need to connect usb stick in order to have keyboard working?
    I mmeant all i could find about these usb to xbox connections was how to use to connect a mouse or keyboard but i wondered if they could be used with XMBC (even the people selling them on ebay didnt know)

So thanks for your answer i will now buy one

no probs, but remember not all usb sticks works. Here's list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement