Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate 10/22 conversion...Or just plain silly

Options
  • 08-03-2009 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Came across this tonight Link though it's a tad overkill for a conversion, but hey "horses for courses." :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

To me Its just plain silly I think that making a 10/22 look like a military firearm is asking for undue attention. Fine an hearty in the USA but not here. I like the 10/22 and would have no problem dressing up with thumb hole stocks etc but not the military types

It was discussed at length here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055479723

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Utterly pointless conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It's a fun conversion.Nothing else.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

You would have more fun with an Airsoft one.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Meyer

Rew wrote: »
    You would have more fun with an Airsoft one.

That was my thinking also...Imagine using that down at a range, and the comments that would ensue :D or God forbid if someone was spotted out shooting bunnies with it :eek: "Officer Officer there's someone running around Farmer Joe's place with a machine gun!"

• Advertisement

Or somone seeing a bunch of people cammied up,practising leapfrogging ,cover fire and house clearing tactics,with the latest state of the art M4's and SAWs."call the army quick!We are being invaded!!"
    When they are standing looking at an AIRSOFT game!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Honestly people,we could expect that kind of reaction from Nebbs who know nothing about firearms.But our own,I think we should know better now that it is pretty unlikely that anyone is going to arrive on a range in Ireland with a full auto SAW or HK MP5 or whatever.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I don't think any of us would call the army if you showed up on our range with that thing Grizzly.

The doctor and the priest for those dying laughing at you maybe, but not the army. :D

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Or somone seeing a bunch of people cammied up,practising leapfrogging ,cover fire and house clearing tactics,with the latest state of the art M4's and SAWs."call the army quick!We are being invaded!!"
    When they are standing looking at an AIRSOFT game!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There have been a few "incidents" with airsofts that arn't far from what your saying there and they dont actually go "bang".

Im a strong believer in fuction over form and converting a 10/22 to look like an FN MINIMI is pointless. Mil sub-caliber conversions have their place in traing but you don't see them much anymore (An 84mm Gustaff recoilless rifle with the 9mm tracer sub calbier is funny to see)

At 2.5 thousand STG for this kit,I dont suspect many will be buying it either.
    I agree with you REW that function over form is more important.But IMHO if you want to waste your money on this,so be it.But you shouldnt be discriminated against just because your gun looks odd.

But you shouldnt be discriminated against just because your gun looks odd.
    No, but in fairness, if you can make an ISSF shooter think your gun looks funny, you probably deserve to get a laugh or two :D

• Advertisement

No, but in fairness, if you can make an ISSF shooter think your gun looks funny, you probably deserve to get a laugh or two :D

Said the man of a section of shooting whose guns should go ZAP rather than BANG! LOL:D:D

Exactly! If the guys using the buck rogers equipment and clothing think that you look silly, it's time to worry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Said the man of a section of shooting whose guns should go ZAP rather than BANG! LOL:D:D

Brilliant, that is funny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I seen a bit about it in "Shooting Sports" which made me chuckle.

But TBH i think i would be wary of anyone setting up at the range next to me with that thing.:rolleyes:

I know one too many "Rambo types" already.:D

Advertisement