Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon d80 with quality lens.

• 08-03-2009 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

I have a minolta dynax 5 slr but this is not digital and find that I'm now using my compact olympus digital nearly all the time. I did some research on buying a digital slr and find that the Nikon d80 is probably the most suitable camera for what I do. <SNIP>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

See adverts.ie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

D80 is a great camera but the D90 has the edge. You can get a D90 + decent kit lens for 1100 or so on the highstreet in Dublin, shop around I'm sure you can find it cheaper online. I remember some UK sites had pretty decent prices when you factor in the (now quite favourable) exchange rate.

EDIT: This is the one I was looking at. A little under 900 euro. 18 - 105mm is a great focal range.

ps, not a shill :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thanks for the advice Zillah, wasn't sure what the difference was between the two. Have a few shill (I think) to spend but have lots of hobbies... Wouldn't really be able to justify spending a grand but would be okay with half that. So a compromise will have to be met !;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The D90 has a newer generation of sensor compared to the D80, so it has much better high ISO performance. It also has 720p video. It has 12mp vs 10mp on the D80, but in reality the resolution makes little or no difference. Both cameras use the same batteries, grip, memory cards, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I bought a D80 last year, then picked up a grip, 3 lenses (50mm F1.8,18-70mm dx and 70-300mm VR) and a few filters. Total cost was under €1000....with the lenses being bought second hand.
    I've considered picking up a D90 body but tbh if I was spending that amount of money on a body i'd probably pick up a second hand D300 instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Anyone recommend somewhere in Ireland where I might be a d80/d90 with lens etc second hand. I have looked at classifieds but not much in that line available. Am a bit concerned about buying from UK, and getting safe delivery by post. Have about 500 to spend to can't afford a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

shawnee wrote: »
    Am a bit concerned about buying from UK, and getting safe delivery by post.

Not an issue laddie, it works fine.

Advertisement