Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue piercing aftercare

Options
  • 08-03-2009 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hiya,

Got my tongue pierced yesterday and woke up this morning with a tongue the size of a melon! (Which I'm assured is normal). Bar popping Nurofen and sucking on crushed ice, is there anything you guys can recommend I do to minimise the swelling??

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

AFAIK, you're doing all the right things to minimise the swelling. If it gets too bad, the bar could be too short so keep an eye out for that over the next few days. The swelling should be going down a good bit by Wed/Thurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Do what you are doing now, and stay away from alcohol, cigarettes etc basically anything that will make your tongue swell more than it already is. Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Will wrote: »
    Do what you are doing now, and stay away from alcohol, cigarettes etc basically anything that will make your tongue swell more than it already is. Good luck with it

+1 also steer clear of spicy food,i found that flaired mine up for the first week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭bubblewrap

How do you breathe when your tongue is that big?! :eek:

I am tooooo soft for this forum! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

bubblewrap wrote: »
    How do you breathe when your tongue is that big?! :eek:

I am tooooo soft for this forum! :D

It doesn't get big enough to block your airway... if it does, you have a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

i couldn't eat for nearly a week after i got mine done, was way too sore, just keep using ice, and it'll heal after a few days. d second time i got mine done it was sore d first day but was grand after that. it is prob d most awkward piercing to clean and heal as it is a muscle u use quite a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Macca07 wrote: »
    it is prob d most awkward piercing to clean and heal as it is a muscle u use quite a bit

Really? I found the opposite to be true! It healed up super fast and was fine after 3-4 days. (In comparison to six-fricken-months of my bellybar annoying me!) :D

Advertisement