Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Central heating problem

• 08-03-2009 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have a Ferroli Tempra boiler fed by the mains water at the moment the pressure is at .5 bar and only 2 of the radiators are being heated. Please help as it is snowing outside and my wife who is from much warmer climate is shivvering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stegs

have you tried to fill the system up again from your hot press

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chloebob2

It mains filled and the tap is open to the system so it should be filled. Any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭c ashelmore

Are the rads upstairs or downstairs? is the pump running? check out the ref in this brochure to filling:
    http://www.ferroli.co.uk/product_documentation/Domestic/Tempra_30_Installation.pdf
    also checkout this post
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57821867

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chloebob2

Thanks for the help. The pluber had to be called as my wife was beginning to freeze thanks for your time tho

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

Hello guys,

I hope this is the right place to share our problem. We have a Vokéra Mynute 14 gas boiler, had been working in the last 5 years perfectly, but recently (January) the pressure started dropping. Usually it was just above 1 bar. We topped up the system once - pressure dropped again. Topped it up again, I know, you are not supposed to do this too often... Pressure dropped. Called the gas man, who changed the thermostat, I think, and the boiler was working fine again. For a month. Now the pressure started dropping again, but more dramatically. Say, I topped up the system (again) yesterday morning to 1.4 bar, today it is 1,1.

Boiler was serviced 2 years ago.

I have an inkling - I checked other sites - that this pressure dropping is a sign of a leak. The overflow valve - or what you call it - on the outside wall is bone dry. We could not find any obvious sign of leakage in the apartment anywhere. Would like to call the gas man again (and the plumber), but what can I expect? How will they check the pipes? Is there a special way of doing this, or can I expect holes all around the walls, maybe they have to tear up the floorboard? Pls, help. I am clueless, and unhappy because this means another big sum out of our pocket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement