Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CKY To Return?

• 08-03-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

After a couple years of an absence, during which I must confess I believed this band to be dead and buried, I recieved an email from Roadrunner Records the other morning to say CKY (who had recently signed to the label) were releasing their new album (Carver City) in May 2009

The album cover looks like a group of zombies emerging from the sea at Blackpool Pier lol

I seen CKY, with Fireball Ministry, at the Ambassador in March 2004 (as far as I remember) and they were pretty decent - it was there only Irish gig to date and they played again in Oct 2005 with Cluch but I figured they'd disbanded soon after that - they played "Sara's Mask" for the crowd in Ireland in 2004 because they said, on the night, they didn't normally play that song live and wanted to make it a special occassion.

What do people think, will they purchase the new CKY album, or are this band just out of touch?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

After a couple years of an absence, during which I must confess I believed this band to be dead and buried, I recieved an email from Roadrunner Records the other morning to say CKY (who had recently signed to the label) were releasing their new album (Carver City) in May 2009

The album cover looks like a group of zombies emerging from the sea at Blackpool Pier lol

I seen CKY, with Fireball Ministry, at the Ambassador in March 2004 (as far as I remember) and they were pretty decent - it was there only Irish gig to date and they played again in Oct 2005 with Cluch but I figured they'd disbanded soon after that - they played "Sara's Mask" for the crowd in Ireland in 2004 because they said, on the night, they didn't normally play that song live and wanted to make it a special occassion.

What do people think, will they purchase the new CKY album, or are this band just out of touch?

Considering An Answer Can Be Found and Infiltrate.Destroy.Rebuild were two really good albums. Hopefully they can make it three in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

All I know about them is they had that extremely catchy song 96 Quite Bitter Beings on one of the old Tony Hawk skateboard games :).

I'll certainly check out the new album, whether I'll buy it or not is a different matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if you think "96 quite bitter beings" is catchy check out "inhuman creation station".

Advertisement