Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers UK

Options
  • 08-03-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I have read some of the poor reviews on here in the past and was wondering if they have improved lately?

I had intended to buy a Dell studio XPS but it seems there are overheating problems. Komplette seem to have stopped selling desktops altogether so my options are limited as I don't want to build it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Don't think so :(

I found them reliable in the past. But my sis bought a system from them 2 weeks ago, plugged it in and the PS blew. Now s*** happens, but it took several phone calls for them to pick it and fix it (apparently they kept sending emails to the wrong dhl office). It was picked up, repaired, sent back to us. Then we find that the Harddrive might be fecked, they obviously didnt test it out before shipping it.

But I had no issues with them up until now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Forget them, they are registered for Vat here, hence You'll pay the Irish rate of Vat. Look for somewhere else thats not registered here and get the low UK Vat rate and save loads. Although saying that, I did return a Western Digital Raptor HD to them 3 years ago and it went very smoothly.

Advertisement