Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

9 League Titles

• 08-03-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Who is the only player to have won 9 consecutive league titles encompassing 3 different countries (highest respective division) whilst doing it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thats a tough question, always thought that Alexei Mikhailichenko had the record with 7 consecutive. Very interested in the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Is this recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Is it soccer?
    Just a thought that in might be a basketballer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Lads, i got it offthe Shelbourne forum where t's been on there the best part of 2 weks. I racked my brain looking for the answer but couldn't find it so i thought i'd ask here.

To be honest i don't know if it's recent and i can't even say for sure if it soccer/football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

is it likely that itd be the LoI then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Not really, the person who asked there actually got it off another forum with wasn't LoI exclusive. When i say he got it, i mean he got the question only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 legend27

Anto McC wrote: »
    Who is the only player to have won 9 consecutive league titles encompassing 3 different countries (highest respective division) whilst doing it??
    Henrik Larrson?? fact he missed one season with Celtic through injury, picked up leagues with celtic, barca and Man Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Chefdf

Larsson has won 6 in a row. 3 with celtic 2 with barca and 1 with united. Not sure if he got a medal with united though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Trevor Steven misses out by a year. he won English title with Evertin in 1987, Scottish titles with rangers in 89, 90, 91, 93, 94, 95 and 96 and the French league with marseille in 1992

He won nothng in 1988 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I thought it might have been Juninho, who 7 titles in a row with Lyon but there are gaps in between the 2 Brazilian league titles he won and he hasn't played in 3 different countriies.

Could be another Lyon player who was there for the all, or most, of the 7 titles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement