Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prochoice.com *SOME LINKS MAY CONTAIN UPSETTING IMAGES*

Options
  • 08-03-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭

I was flicking through pro-choice websites and came across prochoice.com....which is vehemently pro-life.

I'm fairly ambivalent to the whole abortion question but that doesn't sit right with me, seems fairly sneaky to be posting a website under the name of the other camp and filling it with your own viewpoints. (women looking for information, being lured in by the name and then being given the opposite view)

Any thoughts on it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I was flicking through pro-choice websites and came across prochoice.com....which is vehemently pro-life.

I'm fairly ambivalent to the whole abortion question but that doesn't sit right with me, seems fairly sneaky to be posting a website under the name of the other camp and filling it with your own viewpoints. (women looking for information, being lured in by the name and then being given the opposite view)

Any thoughts on it?

Do you know who the father is Kickoutthejams?

Ya slut...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

This could get messy. The thread that is,nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's typical of the pro-life tactics tbh. They are the only ones who know the truth - how dare you question them :rolleyes:

But that particular one is pretty disgusting alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I can see this thread causing a very heated debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm neither pro-choice or pro-life. I find the whole concept way to complicated for me, I just found the tactic incredibly shameful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Did you know, you can get breast cancer from an abortion?
    I didn't, good thing that website is helping me make informed decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

One day I hope to meet a girl who loves abortion as much as I do...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

This thread could get very serious.
    Whatever my viewpoint, I respectfully decline to add to the debate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

God, that site is awful. I hate that picture of the baby moving in the womb.

http://prochoice.com/parent_life.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I'm neither pro-choice or pro-life. I find the whole concept way to complicated for me, I just found the tactic incredibly shameful.

The most shameful thing about that website is the design.

Christ, it's ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Abortions for some, miniature flags for others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

Prior to birth, the combined genetic material of two people residing and growing in the host females uterus is not a baby. Its a toaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Reminds me of a referendum about 6 years ago, I think it was on some side points - trying to overturn the allowance abortion in case of mother's life in danger etc etc
    Saw some leaflets being passed around "we'll give a fair and unbiased view on this matter in this leaflet" they said. Fair enough. I read the prolife side, ok. Turn it around to see the presumably prochoice side. Doesn't exist. The other side concludes with "and this is why you should vote yes on the referendum"
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Typical tactics, you'd think they'd get the message they're talking a load of BS when they have to resort to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What makes you think it's pro-life...?
    Imagine feeling safe and the next moment someone is killing you and you can't get away or cry for help.

Oh right... that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Macros42 wrote: »
    It's typical of the pro-life tactics tbh. They are the only ones who know the truth - how dare you question them :rolleyes:

QFT.

Sneaky tactics like this really piss me off. I have zero tolerance/respect for organisations like Youth Defence and that crowd who led people to believe that abortion was involved in the Lisbon Treaty - using intimidation and feeding people total bull**** just to ram their (imo completely wrong) views down everyone's throats. :mad::mad::mad:

That site is a disgrace - if only there was an internet equivalent of the Advertising Standards Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

That is really sneaky, I think. I don't know how that will help their cause, I'd be more likely to support their arguments if they'd chosen www.prolife.com

EDIT: Oh, what do you know, that's also already taken...

They could merge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

This is common practice on the internet. There is IT laws but they are more there to protect businesses and consumers. People can easily fill their website with whatever crap they want, regardless of it's initial advertisement.

Judging by this travesty of a "website", it is basic stuff. More than likely some group of **** learned some HTML off a book, made a website, decided to call it pro choice and input the information that they will know will deter people. It was not professionally done, it was a very amateur job at best and just another way to get people on their side. And as it's impossible to monitor every single website ever they get away with it.

It's the sort of tactics idiots like PETA use. **** stuff :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

This is one of the things that gets me about the whole abortion debate. Who in their right mind would not be pro choice and pro life. Both sides are sugar coating their campaigns in order to gain support. I think this is despicable and dishonest. As adults with the ability to vote we should be given the cold hard facts about this very serious question. The central issue is whether you are for or against the abortion of fetuses. That is it no more no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think it's quite clever of them actually. Besides, they believe they're stopping murder, so as long as they're not bombing abortion clinics I don't really mind.

After all, an atheist group did register www.catholic.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The most shameful thing about that website is the design.

Christ, it's ugly.
    Well it's not easy making a website when you've got 13 children running around the place screaming at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

when you think your cause is morally righteous you can rationalise away all the sneaky and underhanded things you are doing as part of the greater good.
    It really is disgusting though peddling your agenda to someone who is going through such a horrible and uncertain time,down with this sort of thing i say!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Whatever you do, don't google image search abortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

Im pretty sure this website was made by Chris Morris
    Why would anyone in their right mind, side with a pedophile?
    http://prochoice.com/abort_legal.html
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

That is a truly awful website. I would say they shouldn't be allowed to have it up but there's a lot of sick stuff out there on the WWW. It's disgusting. I wouldn't be totally against abortion as if I was unlucky enough to fall pregnant at the moment, I've got to admit I wouldn't want the baby. Suppose people just have to try extra hard NOT to get pregnant in the first place so they hopefully never have to make such a decision. Prevention better than the cure and all that...

Any thoughts on it?

And what about the websites supplying abortion pills to Irish women without face to face medical consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

As a anti abortion person myself even I have to say i hate all those organisations particlarly some of the pro life ones. Tactics on both sides are shameful at times over something so complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Whatever you do, don't google image search abortion.

Because you told me not to, I just had to go ahead and do it.

OK, the images aren't very pretty but I'm not anyway shocked or disgusted tbh. Abortion is not pleasant, but I'd still fully support it being legalised here and everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Moonbaby wrote: »
    And what about the websites supplying abortion pills to Irish women without face to face medical consultation.

Should I start a thread outlining every abortion scandal I ever come across?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Seriously its disgusting , Im only stating my point of view and that is that the Mothers Decision is the Final one.
    I dont want to convince anyone this is the right one , however ,

I do hate with a complete passion , People who argue "prolife":mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I added another 15 of those but deleted them thats now much.

Basically I can't stand anyone who thinks they have the right to right to run other peoples lives , especially if they disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Because you told me not to, I just had to go ahead and do it.

OK, the images aren't very pretty but I'm not anyway shocked or disgusted tbh. Abortion is not pleasant, but I'd still fully support it being legalised here and everywhere.
    As would I.

Advertisement